News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Donations for Jackie so she can keep her ChallengeHer

Started by 71ChallengeHer, September 02, 2012, 09:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Another WIW thread. I've been MIA for awhile. Really thinking about selling my 1971 Challenger . Here is the thread from the build from last year.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74723.0.html  I have a good idea what I want for it. Just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I have put 1200 miles on it since the build. Thanks for your help. My paypal is jdaytona93@aol.com. Thanks guys and gals . You are the best.  :cheers:

Ghoste

What is leading you to a sell decision Jackie?

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2012, 09:43:46 PM
What is leading you to a sell decision Jackie?
If I get into it on an open forum, I'll prolly cry like a girl.

Alaskan_TA

She has no choice due to current circumstances.

It is not my place to mention details, but if I did I would be crying with her.   :'(

Ghoste

Fair enough then and we'll let that part be.  I hope you get every penny for it.

FLG

Jackie,

Ill be real honest with you...there not pulling anywhere close what they used too. The amount of work your going to have to go through to sell it, in the end, probably wont be worth the profit....ill do a BIG favor and drive out there and take it off  your hands for you, completely free of charge :D

Chryco Psycho

SO we need to raise some Cash presumably not like has not been done before , if 10,000 members all kick in $5 , I am in .
I have to agree wrong time to sell , I spent 50 K restoring my 71 Charger ,  I have been asking around 20 K , so far the best real offer is 7K
What is your paypal acct ??

Alaskan_TA

Great idea Neil. Can we get a sticky? Jackie can use some good news.

I'll start with $100.00

moparstuart

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 02, 2012, 10:54:09 PM
SO we need to raise some Cash presumably not like has not been done before , if 10,000 members all kick in $5 , I am in .
I have to agree wrong time to sell , I spent 50 K restoring my 71 Charger ,  I have been asking around 20 K , so far the best real offer is 7K
What is your paypal acct ??
i'm in for a couple hundred bucks
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Alaskan_TA

You guys have me crying now.  :2thumbs:

I just emailed to see if she uses paypal. In not, I know her mailing address.

71ChallengeHer

Now, you guys really have me crying, more then I already have.  And I appreciate the thoughts.Trust me this was a harder decision then my divorce. I know I couldn't trust any of my friends to take it to Fall Carlisle , cause they would just say it didn't sell. Or tell the guy I rent my garage from cause he would change the locks. I love you guys but I don't feel right about this. I just think  there are people out there that are in worse shape then me. Don't worry Barry, I'll still call and cry on your shoulder. And you still have a place to stay for Carlisle.  :cheers:

FLG

Ill throw in something  :cheers:

I mean maybe we could set some goal and see how close we can get...

moparstuart

Quote from: FLG on September 02, 2012, 11:30:00 PM
Ill throw in something  :cheers:

I mean maybe we could set some goal and see how close we can get...
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Alaskan_TA

Kiddo,
You have helped others all of your life. Now we can help you. The folks you helped did not ask for anything in return, neither are we. Just let us help you. I know you need it, so do you.

Gentle hugs, but they come with another kind of help this time.  :yesnod:

For anyone else, if she fights it (she is quite stubborn at times) I can make sure she gets anything you want to send her.  ;)

moparstuart

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 02, 2012, 11:36:17 PM
Kiddo,
You have helped others all of your life. Now we can help you. The folks you helped did not ask for anything in return, neither are we. Just let us help you. I know you need it, so do you.

Gentle hugs, but they come with another kind of help this time.  :yesnod:

For anyone else, if she fights it (she is quite stubborn at times) I can make sure she gets anything you want to send her.  ;)
plus jackie if we all just give a little its wont hurt us and it worth every penny to help you.   The blessing will return to us , being able to give to a worthy person .

Alaskan_TA

QuoteI mean maybe we could set some goal and see how close we can get...

8-12 months wages then (not sure what that is where she is) but she will not be able to work for quite some time. She is a hard shopper, coupon crazy but can not leave the house except for Dr. appointments. She has some savings but they will not last long.

I am sure she would rather sell the car than accept the help, & she may still have too at some point. If we can buy her some time it will certainly help.

That said, Jackie, you have a lot of brothers you have adopted over the years. Family helps family when needs be, so adjust to it kiddo.  ;)

FLG

8-12 months wages split monthly between a large amount of us really wouldnt dent our pockets much each month.....

Lets say we get 20 of us to give 25$ a week, thats already 2k a month....IMO the more people we get, the less out of pocket each person, which will lead more people to be inclined to donate.

Basically it comes down to, what would the goal be each month?

Chryco Psycho

Don't sell your car just give us your PayPal
We built Don a car for crying out loud

moparstuart

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 03, 2012, 08:23:26 AM
Don't sell your car just give us your PayPal
We built Don a car for crying out loud
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

skip68

Lisa hasn't seen this yet, or at least she hasn't said anything to me about it yet but I'll have her call you.  
We'll get some money to you my 4-s's, sweet "SECRET"sexy sister.   :drool5:  
It's still a secret right?     :shruggy: ;)    
We'll be talking soon.    
Chuck & GHETTO/hood RAT (Lisa)  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brads70

I'm in too!
Neil started a post over on cc.com too! :2thumbs:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=87115.0

Keep yer chin up Jackie! Your my kinda people! Hugs!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

41husk

I would like to help as well.  Does anyone have an adress we can do it the old fashion way. USPS.  
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

red69superbee