News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas prices suck

Started by skip68, October 02, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

3.48 today, it has dropped about .25 in that last few weeks.

BBD

twodko

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 02, 2012, 12:02:39 PM
anywhere from $4.20-ish for 91 octane at the cheapest stations (it's more of a location thing than brand) to $4.50 at the more expensive ones (ie. when they're right next to a freeway off ramp). Subtract 10 cents /per gallon for mid grade (89) and 20 cents for 87 and you get the idea.

I'd give my left nut to be paying under $4,so you guys quit yer bitching.

$4.40 here in NorCal!  :flame:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

FlatbackFanatic

here in MN(Twin Cities), $3.77 , for 87 octane....... :flame:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mike DC

1970Moparmann

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Mike DC

2007-8 was a massive economic crisis, which always destroys prices for a little while.  Leaving administrations also have a habit of exerting influence to drop prices temporarily to help win the election for their side.  2008's leaving administration even had some ties to that industry if you recall.

That's why I posted a longer-term chart.  Less susceptible to the temporary fluctuations & manipulations. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Hey, that chart mirrors my sex life!!!!    :flame:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 04, 2012, 08:38:11 AM

Wow...that's low!

Almost as low as the Dow was on Bush's last day! :nana:

BBD

draftingmonkey

Been a great week for gas prices.  Tuesday AM Reg was $4.199 by 5 Pm was $4.399. Today at noon it was still $4.399 but by 5 PM was at $4.539. If the dollar gets weaker any quicker, it will be 5 bucks before the end of the month.  Wouldn't you know, just before my folks motor home trip from Eastern WA to SoCal.  Hope they will still be able to afford the fuel to get here and back   :brickwall:.

BigBlackDodge

Dino

$3.86 for premium, I need to go fill up tonight

WTF???  It's up to $4.15  :flame:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

This is classic news reporting at it's best.

This past Wednesday on the 10:00 news in Chicago they reported gas prices were going to steadily drop for the next 4 weeks.   NOW, LAST night, let me remind you it was one day later, the report was gas prices will be going higher due to lack of supply of refined oil.  WTF...... :RantExplode:

Chicago-highest prices in the country. :flame:

Tooz 72

Its the equvilent to about $8.60 a gallon over here in the UK !!   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

twodko

The local 10pm snooze said we'll prolly see $5 regular in NorCal soon. BS BS BS, the enviro-nazis have forced the refineries to make "summer" and "winter" fuels in Cali to prevent smog. Of course this makes prices here far higher than the rest of the country. F**K these asshats. These same jack wagons are FORCING truckers to buy "less polluting" trucks. The country AND this dicked up state RUN on trucks. Trucks don't roll we starve plain and simple.

I'm telling you it's time to disappear these harbingers of poverty. :flame: :flame: :flame:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

A383Wing

I just saw on the news in Cali that prices were $5.69, $5.79, & $5.99 for gas at stations...they are blaming the shortage on a refinery

Bryan

JB400

$3.27 today for the cheap stuff.  $3.58 for premium.  At least it's headed in the right direction.  Last sunday, it was $3.49 for the cheap stuff.

jb666

If I cared what fuel costs I'd own a Prius..

It's funny, but I'm swapping out the gears in my car now for a set of 4.30's.. A buddy says to me this afternoon "Oh my God, what'll that do to your fuel economy?". WHO CARES?!!?!

Mike DC

QuoteA buddy says to me this afternoon "Oh my God, what'll that do to your fuel economy?".

Next time just say, "Not as much as it's gonna do to my rear tires!" 

chargerboy69

Gas down here the last couple weeks to $3.57.  Diesel however, up to $4.27.  :P
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

resq302

Regular around by me in northern nj is down to $3.61.  Still can go A LOT lower in my opinion!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Ours just jumped up by a whopping 20 cents a litre for no obvious reason.
The news reader warned us it was going to go up by 3 cents.  Somebody's pocketing 17 cents.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

I'm still over $4 for regular up here, and diesel is almost $4.50

Bryan