News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Bench seat - black only?

Started by WINGIN IT, June 25, 2011, 06:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGIN IT

You could get white bucket seats, but never seen a white bench seat.
Was it not available?

Redbird

Black and white; both bench and bucket were available. White in both was less common.

Arnie Cunningham

When I sorted the data I have by various criteria, I came up with white interior being about a 1 to 7 ratio.  Or, 1 in 8 Superbirds had white interior.  Or, 12.5% approximately.  Bucket seats vs bench seats is very roughly equal with a few more cars having bench.  One thing of note is that the B5 cars have a dramatically higher rate of white interior than any of the other colors.  To find a white interior in a non-B5 car is much more uncommon.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

pettybird

there were two of 'em at the meet ;)

one B5, one Y1

WINGIN IT

Quote from: pettybird on June 26, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
there were two of 'em at the meet ;)

one B5, one Y1

white bench cars, or white buckets?

I've never seen a white bench seat in a Superbird, and the reason for the question.
So they do exist huh..

Redbird

I believe there is a Tor-Red white bench seat Superbird in the Wynn's ad that was in Hot Rod magazine in 1970. One of not too many cars like it.

pettybird

two white bench cars, plus a bucket car or two.

WINGIN IT

GOTWING

i just came across this thread, mine is Vit. C with the original factory white bench seat. :nana:

WINGIN IT

Cool, is it a pistol-grippin 4 speed or a column shifta?  :icon_smile_big:

GOTWING

column shifta ! i wish it was a four speed! :flame:

A383Wing

I think Bob's 'Bird up here is B5, white buckets, 4spd, no console (Hemi also)

Bryan (could be wrong, but I don't think so....will have to look at pics)

6PakBee

My column auto B5 Superbird is a white interior bench car.