News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

numbers

Started by 69rtse4spd, October 06, 2012, 10:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69rtse4spd

Picked up a 6-pack last week in CT., looking to see what year carbs they are. Alum. intake Chry. #3412048, center carb #3418550, 4144-1, front & rear #3462378, 4365. Looked elsewhere am pretty sure they are not 69 carbs, think they might be 71s. :shruggy:. Thanks for the help. :2thumbs:.

John_Kunkel

4144 and 4365 are '70 auto trans carbs.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69rtse4spd

b5blue

Pull the bowl off an outboard carb. and see if it's a rectangle or a rectangle with the corners missing. Rectangle are very early 70 or 69.  :2thumbs:

69rtse4spd

Interesting, will have to do later, any performance differences between the two, or just run change at manufacture. Have some other 6-pack carbs in the shop will have to look at them. :scratchchin:.

b5blue

The rectangle metering blocks are an NLA part # but I know of no difference in performance. The metering block's steel backing plate and gaskets can be found and "Chicago Corvette" has the outboard idle air mix needles and their tiny O gaskets.   :2thumbs:
  If your rebuilding, pull the needles and check them very closely for straightness and that the taper is not deformed and replace the O gaskets as they dry out. Be careful removing metering blocks as they can be stuck. Mine were bowed by someones prying them off in the past so when you do get them off check them for flatness. 

69rtse4spd

Thanks for the info. :2thumbs:.

You can also get aftermarket jetted metering plates which allow you to better tune the 6 pack to your engine.

Also check the metering plates to see if they had been drilled out as it was common to do.

b5blue

I have a set of "Quick Fuel" metering plates with screw in metering jets for backup.  :2thumbs:

Those are the same plates I bought. I haven't installed them yet but they sure are beefy.

69rtse4spd

Thanks, do you guys replace all the metering plates or just the end carb plates. Will have to look into getting some at the March Indy meet.

They replace the outboard carbs metering plates and allow you to use standard Holly  jets in them.

69rtse4spd

Pulled the back carb off to check if the float was stuck, not. Already had blue gasket & red metering plate. Someone already went through the carbs. Reset float level on the rear one, took it for a test drive. WOW, motor likes the 6-pack, with the four barrel on it, the tire marks were nice & straight. Now they go side to side. :2thumbs:. On a side note, last test drive, 1/2 mile from the house noticed some lifter noise. Pulled the drivers side valve cover & one of the adjusable rockers lock nut had come lose. :o. So we checked all of them, lucky we were close to home & no harm was done, have to get a rev-limiter now. BUT ME LIKEY 6-PACK.  :2thumbs:

JB400

You just can't have a party without a 6 Pack! :2thumbs:  :D

69rtse4spd

Got some more numbers on some 6-pack carbs, they are as follows,1989 list4392, 0890 list4792, 1229 list 4393-1, 1049 list4394. Just had them rebuilt by Phil Fish, he said they were, 340 6-pack center & 691/2 set up & one 70 outboard carb. 

69rtse4spd

Thinking of selling the carbs, anybody interested, contact me here, can send phone Pict's.

69rtse4spd

carbs are for sell.