News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a 69 charger 500 worth needing full resto?

Started by Shelby67air, October 09, 2012, 11:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Shelby67air on October 11, 2012, 12:13:34 PM
Thanks alot, this forum is really helpful, everyone reading this is great. You guys really know your stuff. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. Thanks for everything! Going to look at the car today

Not trying to discourage you in anyway, but I will shoot this out there.

I looked into a repro back glass and repro trim for it. Your looking at about $2k right there.

Consider dropping atleast ~$30K into if your doing the whole restoration yourself. If you farm out the work add atleast another $25-30k to that.

I couldn't justify having 50k invested with no pedigree. :Twocents:

This car sold for $65k
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-121676

Last year the bugshield C500 was for sale in the 45k range original paint and all.

Shelby67air

Ok, my best friend the body guy said that the car doesn't look to bad for him to do. He likes the car and likes the color. Any breakdown as to color? The current owner said its one of 5 in this color red. Where can I find more info on that? He mentioned winged warriors article that broke down the colors and numbers. This is really cool, like a big puzzle. p.s sending more pics soon

Ghoste

I don't know the article he mentions but it doesn't matter, the car is rare even in the most common color and well worth owning.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

And remember, the ones on the 69 registry site are just the ones that have been reported to the site.  The number indicated there could be all that were ever made in that color or just a fraction.  It does give you an idea of what the breakdowns are appproximately like though.
Chrysler didn't track that kind of stuff the way other mfg's did so its a little difficult to pin down sometimes.  We can't even get unanimous agreement on Charger 500 total production numbers.

moparstuart

Quote from: Shelby67air on October 12, 2012, 07:04:10 AM
Ok, my best friend the body guy said that the car doesn't look to bad for him to do. He likes the car and likes the color. Any breakdown as to color? The current owner said its one of 5 in this color red. Where can I find more info on that? He mentioned winged warriors article that broke down the colors and numbers. This is really cool, like a big puzzle. p.s sending more pics soon
I doubt only 5 in Red .  If its R-4 the reddish orange color there are alot of those . 
if it R-6 Deeper Red they are rarer but i suspect way more then 5   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I think so too.  Chris has only had 1 of the R6 ones reported to him but I would bet more are out there.  Danny might know.

Ghoste

Oh, and that's another thing!  Don't forget to register it with the 69 Charger Registry site.  Your info will never be made public but it does really help the entire hobby with things like this (learning the number in a certain color and so forth).  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Oh, and that's another thing!  Don't forget to register it with the 69 Charger Registry site, your info will never be made public but it does really help the entire hobby with things like this (learning the number in a certain color and so forth).  :2thumbs:

charger_fan_4ever

Danny had this one marked down as R6.

Is there now a tag or broadcast sheet with the car ?

XS29LA47V21

An interesting topic I think.  There is a couple very good thoughts above, including buying a nice done car vs building for yourself and enjoy it while having a bunch in it.  Historical hobby precedence reconfirms nearly every time......... it is cheaper to buy one done, with the only exception if you do mostly all of the restoration yourself.  Ok, maybe another exception is when they become less popular, who wants a T-bucket anymore or Vcode cars for north of 100-120k anymore, etc, just saying?  It's a hobby have fun, ok I will get off my soap box.

Very generally speaking, 25% of 500s are red, 25% of 500s are green with less than 50% the other range of colors which impact the value (to me).  Alternatively, maybe those percentages are much higher for many years for those two colors available for sale and for color change cars which for these collector cars seem to be hard sellers, while both those traits influence values.  IMO. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,77912.25.html

I personally believe the value range on these rare cars are as wide (% perceived value) as they have ever been, We all have opinions, 15k is way low IMO if it has all the 500 pcs, fairly complete, minimal rust and clean title.... so I will be a shark and say if you do not want it, please PM me the sellers info if it can be bought at 15k.   I had a similar car a couple yrs ago and the sharks did not get anywhere close to buying it at 15k, I think Stu's price is fair honestly if a 500 builder is what you are looking for.  Not many out there.  I also really like the bug shield car and price for a car keeping as "survivor" as is (ok pull off bug shield).  Not all sellers/collector of specific and rare cars are motivated sellers either which also obviously impact the perceived value.....  Good luck.
:Twocents:

charger_fan_4ever

Curious as to what happened. Did it get a new home ?

talkiemopar

One of my 500,s is R6 red auto,with 30K miles.  Rick. :cheers: :icon_smile_tongue:

hemi68charger

Quote from: talkiemopar on October 26, 2012, 11:30:18 AM
One of my 500,s is R6 red auto,with 30K miles.  Rick. :cheers: :icon_smile_tongue:

One of your 500's?  Begs the question, there are more?  :o
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Off the top of my head I can think of 6 R6 red 500's. I would love to see more info on this car though and more pics. If it was not so far away I would love to just go take pics of it myself.

talkiemopar

The other one is bronze with white interior,4 speed,with 66K miles.Sherry wants me to sell both of them, :badidea:but i don't know? :brickwall: :shruggy: :blahblah: :blahblah: :smilie_help:

Shelby67air

Ok, update, after much thought and reading I've taken the plunge. I bought the car Saturday, loaded into my trailer, and brought it home. Now for the fun restoration.
Started inventoring what I have and haven't got yet.

fc7_plumcrazy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on October 12, 2012, 09:13:33 AM
Oh, and that's another thing!  Don't forget to register it with the 69 Charger Registry site, your info will never be made public but it does really help the entire hobby with things like this (learning the number in a certain color and so forth).  :2thumbs:

:thumbs:

good luck with the purchase & resto :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Shelby67air

sry here it is, seeing the light of day. Been in the dark for a long time. Now the collection of parts begins! After working alot to pay for them