News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood turn signal kit???

Started by rebby, October 11, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 30, 2012, 11:19:04 AM
The seller has a different pic up from the Auction that you bought from. It has even less of the hardware shown in it.
He took the short main wiring harness out of the picture.

squeakfinder

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 30, 2012, 11:34:19 AM
when i  spoke of a gasket,  when you seperate the lens from the housing, there is a thin rubber gasket that fits between the two, I don't really see how it serves a purpose other than not letting moisture into the lens itself, mine was broken when i disassembled it, a thin coat of silicon sealant would work just as good.  
[/quote    

Did you receive the Kit?  Is the cast housing's included like they were in Lenards kit?          :popcrn:  
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Lennard

Here you can buy the housings and under LIGHTS/LENSES you can find the gaskets.

http://www.chargerspecialties.com/signals.htm

squeakfinder

I'm just wondering if I'd be getting the complete kit for 70 bucks plus shipping like you did. That sounds like a steal.

Lennard

Quote from: squeakfinder on October 30, 2012, 02:51:16 PM
I'm just wondering if I'd be getting the complete kit for 70 bucks plus shipping like you did. That sounds like a steal.
Be aware that it is not a complete set, this is what you will get:

Read my previous replies. ;)

squeakfinder

O.K.  I was going by your post #13. The pic you posted had the housing in it.

rebby

Quote from: squeakfinder on October 30, 2012, 03:29:51 PM

O.K.  I was going by your post #13. The pic you posted had the housing in it.

That's what I've been looking at as well. I'm temped to just roll the dice and buy one up and see what arrives.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Lennard

Quote from: squeakfinder on October 30, 2012, 03:29:51 PM
O.K.  I was going by your post #13. The pic you posted had the housing in it.
And also this piece of text:
Quote from: Lennard on October 24, 2012, 08:12:02 PM
Well, today the kit came in and to my surprise it's a complete set including the turn signal housings. Not bad for $69... this complete set cost $229.95 on eBay. They must have made a mistake in my advantage for once. :2thumbs:
And now they even took the short main wiring harness out of the picture/auction.
They were probably such a hot selling item on eBay that they now try to squeeze more profit out of it.

Lord Warlock

My package arrived today,   I just opened it and received exactly what was advertised, the wires, (all 3 including the main harness wire) the two lenses-both yellow instead of orange like the older originals (not enough to justify trying to recolor them though) the housing retainers, bolts and nuts.  No housings were included in my kit though (darn) There was also two gaskets for the lenses included. 

I'll just have to clean up my original housings to use with these parts, I don't anticipate replacing the bolts as they are pretty well stuck in the housings as they are now.  It gives me something to work on the rest of this week,  today i put the new battery tray in place and installed most of the rear window moulding clips before the 3/32 drill bit broke. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

A followup,  the lenses and gaskets fit the old housings just fine.  The new bulb plugs however do NOT fit into the old housings, this was even after i sanded the inside of each housing to ensure a good contact with the bulb housing.  I took the old wiring and the bulb housings snugly fit into the old housing but slid easily in and out completely to the lip, the new ones do not go in further than the initial edge.  The bulbs are also a different size, the old bulbs were longer whereas the newer ones are short and round.  Getting the new ones to fit the old housings will require some grinding, or I may elect to use the old bulb wires with the new plug to the main harness, those plugs did fit just fine with a little pushing to get past a new connection. I'd prefer to use the new wiring for obvious reasons, plus there is a cover on the new but the old ones no longer have a cover if they ever had one.

Just something to keep in mind if you order them.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

Does the other kit have the same issues I wonder?

Lord Warlock

I did remove the old studs on one housing and install the new ones, primarily because the nuts were missing on one housing, and the replacement nuts did not screw down on the old studs.  The nuts, while they appear to be the same size as the originals, they are not perfect matches as the originals had the star type lock washers attached to the nut and the new ones don't.  Not that i really care that much but someone might.  I could take a pic of the originals if needed.  Still don't know how i'll proceed at this point, don't want to grind out the housings and find out i should have just gotten new ones for an extra 80.00.  Never can tell exactly how much material to take off either just to get the bulbs to go in. 

Has the other buyer tried fitting the bulb wires into the housings he got?  do they fit?  I'd be interested to find out if other buyers run into the same issue.  I'm the type that will usually make it work rather than send a part back or bitch about a minor detail.  And i do have options available to me.  Now that the battery tray is installed i can hook up the battery then test out the blinkers with both wires and see if one works and the other doesn't before i decide to damage my original housings.

C928BRAN

hit buy it now, curious what i will recieve

rebby

Quote from: C928BRAN on October 31, 2012, 07:59:06 PM
hit buy it now, curious what i will recieve

Keep us posted. At this point, I'm thinking that I'll just spend the extra coin and go w/the tried and true kit from Charger Specialties (at a much higher cost, the first one that I bought from them years ago was a LOT more affordable than they are now, should have bought 2).
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Charger-Bodie

I took the chance and mine showed up today with everything,but the little clips that hold the pigtail harness to the hood.  :2thumbs:

IMO these are FAR nicer than the ones from Charger Specialitys.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C928BRAN

i got exactly what the picture shows, no housings, or pigtail. :-\

Ghoste

And you both ordered from the same place?

C928BRAN

come out of canada     pg classics

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: C928BRAN on November 06, 2012, 02:17:26 PM
come out of canada     pg classics

Mine too. Must just be the luck of the draw. I was all set to end up with what was shown. I just got a bonus.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

mauve66

i always heard that pg was the canadian, seconds-not firsts, side of BE&A, maybe thats why they don't quite fit right or come with the same parts all the time??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mauve66 on November 06, 2012, 09:23:04 PM
i always heard that pg was the canadian, seconds-not firsts, side of BE&A, maybe thats why they don't quite fit right or come with the same parts all the time??

They aren't seconds. They aren't the licenced by mopar, so no part stampings with pentastar. Mike at b,e&a sells the authentic resto parts licences my Chrysler.

mauve66

oh, ok, corrected.  wonder why they are shipping different sets??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mauve66 on November 06, 2012, 09:38:06 PM
oh, ok, corrected.  wonder why they are shipping different sets??

That is a mystery. Not sure what to say about that one.

Ghoste

Also, they aren't affiliated with BE/A in any whatsoever, are they?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2012, 02:01:14 AM
Also, they aren't affiliated with BE/A in any whatsoever, are they?
PG Classic and BE/A are partners and sell the same stuff.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."