News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood turn signal kit???

Started by rebby, October 11, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

But one is the licensed version and the other, while not what we would call strictly seconds or rejects, is not the approved by Chrysler part?  Do I have it straight now?

Dino

Well I'm not going to order these if I don't know for sure what I'm getting.  My originals look worn out but they work fine so I'm just going to leave it alone until it gives up or falls apart.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

But if you order the more expensive ones, do they not come exactly as illustrated.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2012, 08:42:25 AM
But if you order the more expensive ones, do they not come exactly as illustrated.

Yep. Thats why I opted to go for these. I have a dect set of housings. My thoughts wer If they dont come they dont. Even if they only sent what was shown in the pic it was still a great deal imo.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

I ordered a set and got what was in the picture
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Who would have thought such a simple thing wouldn't be?  :lol:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on November 11, 2012, 02:23:55 PM
Who would have thought such a simple thing wouldn't be?  :lol:

I don't know about you Ghoste but I end up saying that more often than not.  :brickwall:  All good info though.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Lord Warlock on October 30, 2012, 11:34:19 AM
when i  spoke of a gasket,  when you seperate the lens from the housing, there is a thin rubber gasket that fits between the two, I don't really see how it serves a purpose other than not letting moisture into the lens itself, mine was broken when i disassembled it, a thin coat of silicon sealant would work just as good. 

:cheers:  Thanks. On the same page now.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Lord Warlock

did anyone else have any issues with the lamp wires fitting into the original housings? I ended up using the original lamp wires with the newer lower plug to the harness.  Still haven't tested it out, have to get new bulbs as the ones that came with the kit don't fit the original wires. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

Are there still issues with the boot fitting poorly onto the socket with the repops?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2012, 08:31:35 PM
Are there still issues with the boot fitting poorly onto the socket with the repops?

I got those boots that BE/A was making.  While they fit over my Charger Specialties repro housings that I had for about 10+ years, the boots themselves only lasted a season.  They dried out & cracked off....the "rubber" turned into paper :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

mopar0166

Got the ebay kit for 120 bucks,  cleaned and reused my housings that I had, works great and a great value