News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10" magnum 500's

Started by Fred, October 14, 2012, 10:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Whoopie! my wheels arrived this morning and they look great. Tomorrow I'm going to get the tyres fitted.
Can't wait to get them on and take her for a spin. I mean.......burn some rubber!   :drive:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Lennard

Very nice, I think it should be illegal to put anything smaller than 10x15s with 295/50-15s on a second gen Charger. :2thumbs:

Fred

Thankyou Lennard. I'm really quite excited. I'll post some pics when they're on...........after I've enjoyed myself for a bit that is.  :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 14, 2012, 11:32:29 PM
after I've enjoyed myself for a bit that is.  :2thumbs:
Now Fred, what you do in your personal life is none of our  business.  Just show us some pics of the car after you get the wheels on.  Don't forget to break them in properly.  :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Patronus

Nice! I came real close to buyin' some of those. Maybe one day..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Mopar Nut

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 11:42:18 PM
after I've enjoyed myself for a bit that is.  :2thumbs:
Now Fred, what you do in your personal life is none of our  business.  Just show us some pics of the car after you get the wheels on.  Don't forget to break them in properly.  :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:
It's the spiked club soda.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 14, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
Whoopie! my wheels arrived this morning and they look great. Tomorrow I'm going to get the tyres fitted.
Can't wait to get them on and take her for a spin. I mean.......burn some rubber!   :drive:
Very nice, what tires are you using?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

I thought I'd go with rubber.  :smilielol:

Goodrich T/A 295x50x15

JB400

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 15, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 11:42:18 PM
after I've enjoyed myself for a bit that is.  :2thumbs:
Now Fred, what you do in your personal life is none of our  business.  Just show us some pics of the car after you get the wheels on.  Don't forget to break them in properly.  :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:
It's the spiked club soda.
I think there was some chocolate, coffee, and some chili pepper involved as well.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 12:32:15 AM

Goodrich T/A 295x50x15
I received my BFG T/A two 295/50/15 and two 245/60/15 Saturday, waiting on the wheels.

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 15, 2012, 12:35:19 AM

Goodrich T/A 295x50x15
I received my BFG T/A two 295/50/15 and two 245/60/15 Saturday, waiting on the wheels.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Me, I'm set to go. Too awesome.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: Patronus on October 15, 2012, 12:17:51 AM
Nice! I came real close to buyin' some of those. Maybe one day..

:2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 12:38:48 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 15, 2012, 12:35:19 AM

Goodrich T/A 295x50x15

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Me, I'm set to go. Too awesome.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
They should ship tomorrow.

Fred

Sounds good.
Mine only took 8 days to Australia from Summit. If I were going to get them here I'd be waiting till Xmas or possibly longer. With no difference in cost.

Back N Black

What back spacing did you go with on the 15X10's,   5.5?

Dino

Very nice Fred!  I wouldn't mind trading my old 14's for a set of those.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 12:48:37 AM
Sounds good.
Mine only took 8 days to Australia from Summit. If I were going to get them here I'd be waiting till Xmas or possibly longer. With no difference in cost.
Not too long at all, mine should be here tomorrow from American Racing in Ca.

Fred

Quote from: Back N Black on October 15, 2012, 10:58:15 AM
What back spacing did you go with on the 15X10's,   5.5?

No, to be safe I went with the 5" bs. The gap between tyre to leaf spring is 1 1/16 ". (with 295/50R15's)  If I'd known I'd have so much gap I would have gone with the 5.5"bs.  But when they're coming all the way from the States it make returning them hard and expensive so I played it safe. 
Having said that...........I'm very happy with them. They look awesome!

Fred

Quote from: Dino on October 15, 2012, 11:10:09 AM
Very nice Fred!  I wouldn't mind trading my old 14's for a set of those.

I just put them on and they do look awesome.  :2thumbs:

twodko

That's indeed a comfy space between tire and spring @ 5" BS but how close are the tires to the fender lip?

I have the same wheel only in 15x8 with 275 60 15 mounted......if I could sell these I'd go 10" w/295 50 no question.

Can't wait to see some pix, good on ya Fred!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

The gap from the tires to the fender lip is a little too close for my liking, about 1/4" or less.  For my setup (all original sheet metal), the 5.5"bs would have been perfect on both sides of the tyre. You can't know this until you try it. Asking people's oppinions gives you some ideas but that's about all.

Fred

Rims and tyres united    :icon_smile_big: .........

Bob T

Nice one  :2thumbs: It will alter the handling the you will be painting your street in no time at all  ;)
Coming from the guy who just took his 15 x10's off  3 days ago and put on 14 x 6 with w/w 205/75/14's  :rofl:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Bob T on October 16, 2012, 04:55:24 AM
Nice one  :2thumbs: It will alter the handling the you will be painting your street in no time at all  ;)
Coming from the guy who just took his 15 x10's off  3 days ago and put on 14 x 6 with w/w 205/75/14's  :rofl:

Snow tires, eh? :scratchchin:   

Getting ready for winter? :icon_smile_big:

twodko

Beauties Fred, she'll be right.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!