News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 charger seat hard back/board

Started by flathead1946, October 15, 2012, 12:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead1946

I am looking for the hard back/seat back boards for my 1968 chargers front seats. .I dont know what they are called. My  seats are missing them. anybody out there making them or anyone have a set to sell? thanks in advanced.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

richRTSE

I'm pretty sure the YearOne pieces are just the board itself, and do not include the metal strip along the bottom edge, and the 4 hooks/clips that hook to the seat frame...not sure if anyone makes those pieces. I had to reuse the ones from my old seat backs when I needed new backs.
:Twocents:

flathead1946

Thanks for the info. Mine are missing completely. anybody have a good complete used set???

twodko

Quote from: richRTSE on October 15, 2012, 05:44:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the YearOne pieces are just the board itself, and do not include the metal strip along the bottom edge, and the 4 hooks/clips that hook to the seat frame...not sure if anyone makes those pieces. I had to reuse the ones from my old seat backs when I needed new backs.

There always seems to be quirky little differences in these cars. My 69 never had the back seat out, when I pulled it for upholstery I not only found the second broadcast sheet but discovered my board simply hooked onto the same hooks the seat back hooked onto. Weird.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cdr

Quote from: twodko on October 15, 2012, 08:11:43 PM
Quote from: richRTSE on October 15, 2012, 05:44:59 PM

There always seems to be quirky little differences in these cars. My 69 never had the back seat out, when I pulled it for upholstery I not only found the second broadcast sheet but discovered my board simply hooked onto the same hooks the seat back hooked onto. Weird.  :shruggy:
I think he is talkin about the back of the bucket seat
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Brock Lee

This part needs to be reinvented. Even if you have the lower brace and the 4 hooks, you still have a headache ahead and likely disappointment. The originals used a thinner vinyl than you get today. Once assembled with new board and vinyl, they don't fit like the originals.

Charger-Bodie

I used a set of plastic ones from eBay. They work very well. They are textured so you don't need to cover them. I covered mine with the correct vinyl. They look just like there supposed to other  than the fact that they aren't dented where the hooks are and they don't pop off.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 19, 2012, 03:12:32 PM
I used a set of plastic ones from eBay. They work very well. They are textured so you don't need to cover them. I covered mine with the correct vinyl. They look just like there supposed to other  than the fact that they aren't dented where the hooks are and they don't pop off.
thanx,now thats good to know  :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............