News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R and R salvage

Started by scat pack fever, October 23, 2012, 01:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scat pack fever

I was reading some posts about the all mopar salvage yard in Aurora Missouri. I thought I would share the pics I took in the mid 90's. I don't have a picture of it, but the thread was about a burnt charger 500. I rmember the car being burnt to a crisp. The A pillar and roof was caved in and the door had 2 holes where the hemi emblem would have gone. I took a video camera with me and taped the cars in the mopar building. Still looking for the tape.

nvrbdn

i would love to see that tape. i had a few pic's from the yard in the charger section, plus a couple original post cards from the yard.  that building was pretty cool with all the cars in there. also had the sox cuda next to the counter when i was there on one of my trips. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

I think Mopar city in Oregan IL got much of the inventory from R+R when they closed.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: scat pack fever on October 23, 2012, 01:38:02 PM
I was reading some posts about the all mopar salvage yard in Aurora Missouri. I thought I would share the pics I took in the mid 90's. I don't have a picture of it, but the thread was about a burnt charger 500. I rmember the car being burnt to a crisp. The A pillar and roof was caved in and the door had 2 holes where the hemi emblem would have gone. I took a video camera with me and taped the cars in the mopar building. Still looking for the tape.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  i was there in 86 at the hight of his collecting
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

areibel

Was that the place owned by a guy named Ron Slobe (spelling may be off)?  I remember calling him once in the early 80's, I think he had an ad in Hemmings or somewhere, I probably talked to him for 20 minutes- he didn't have what I wanted but seemed like a nice guy!
There was one other place I wanted to visit and never did, a yard called Thunder Road in Kentucky (Lodisburg?).  Another place that sounded like Mopar Nirvana!

JB400

Been there a few times, remember seeing the cudas.  Grabbed a couple doors for 50 bucks a piece.  Mopar Collector's guide reported they crushed the cars.  One was a black 68 4spd Charger complete. :icon_smile_dissapprove: The Il place got at least the phone number.

scat pack fever

Quote from: areibel on October 23, 2012, 06:46:34 PM
Was that the place owned by a guy named Ron Slobe (spelling may be off)?  I remember calling him once in the early 80's, I think he had an ad in Hemmings or somewhere, I probably talked to him for 20 minutes- he didn't have what I wanted but seemed like a nice guy!
There was one other place I wanted to visit and never did, a yard called Thunder Road in Kentucky (Lodisburg?).  Another place that sounded like Mopar Nirvana!

Yes! Ron and Cathy Slobe. He was going to hire me as a 3rd parts puller before he died of cancer. John was the other guy who ran the place with Ron. They moved to the building next to the main junkyard building. There were 2 junkyards there in the 90's. The other was ford and chevy. The Sox and Martin cuda was in the newer building. He had one bulding with just engines, one building with nothing but interior, and then there was the "mopar building." one side were six pack cars and the other side were hemi's. There were 2 rows of cars down the middle, which included the 1972 six pack charger and a later 60's white dodge truck with a 426 super stock from the factory. It was a shortbed and John said it reminded him of an altered wheelbase.

TheAutoArchaeologist

The "Mopar Building" from my friend Scotts files.

That's the red 72 V-code charger on the left

Ryan

scat pack fever

Those are nice pics. Here are some more. The red roadrunner was a hemi. That is me in the rt/se.

nvrbdn

my buddies 72 charger had a fire from his uncle welding on the car with the interior in it. we made the trip down there and got windows, windshield, cut a roof off a car, complete interior for 400.00, then i got a rear seat, front bumper with complete grill,and a few interior parts for 125.00. that was toward the end of the reign.  the time i went to get my windshield was the time he took me in the mopar building. he had a windshield just inside the door and when we walked in i about dropped. he said go ahead and look around. it was a nice moment in time. :drool5:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dave Kanofsky

Ron Slobe was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. 

I met him at the Nat's in '88 and bought a '70 SuperBee project car from him a few months later.

In '89 we stopped at his place and got the grand tour, he spent all afternoon with my family like he knew us forever.

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

cudacharger

Quote from: scat pack fever on October 23, 2012, 08:14:17 PM

Yes! Ron and Cathy Slobe. He was going to hire me as a 3rd parts puller before he died of cancer. John was the other guy who ran the place with Ron. They moved to the building next to the main junkyard building. There were 2 junkyards there in the 90's. The other was ford and chevy. The Sox and Martin cuda was in the newer building. He had one bulding with just engines, one building with nothing but interior, and then there was the "mopar building." one side were six pack cars and the other side were hemi's. There were 2 rows of cars down the middle, which included the 1972 six pack charger and a later 60's white dodge truck with a 426 super stock from the factory. It was a shortbed and John said it reminded him of an altered wheelbase.

I would love to see any video you have of this building back in the day.  I have one of Ron's cuda's that was plucked from this famous building.

scat pack fever

Quote from: cudacharger on October 24, 2012, 02:02:06 PM
Quote from: scat pack fever on October 23, 2012, 08:14:17 PM

I would love to see any video you have of this building back in the day.  I have one of Ron's cuda's that was plucked from this famous building.

I'll try and find it. I have another picture of my step Dad and I sitting in the back part of a cut in 2 satellite. I am holding a video camera. I remember watching the tape, but that was in the mid 90's. I have to go through a bunch of tapes. ugh!

tan top

remember his ad in hemmings in the late 80s  having hemis  & six packs  etc  for sale  ,

:coolgleamA: good pictures , thanks for posting  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fc7_plumcrazy

I remember that John left the shop back in 1999/2000. By the time a lot of the six pack and Hemi projects were already sold.
I remember a 70 v-code Coronet RT CV in EB5 and a 70 V-code RR CV in FY4. Outside was a 68 Hemi Charger RT in UU1 blue. From Ryans pics the 70 Charger RT was a v-code car in FK5 with V1G gator roof

Carsten

ralley72

I took a day off work in 1999 to drive down there, heard alot about this place and the great people that work  there and buy parts from. anyway this was on a Monday and they were closed on Mondays. Never made it back. I missed out.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

nvrbdn

yep you did. we would head down there on a friday afternoon. 4 1/2 hour drive. there was a hotel a few miles away headed back toward springfield that we would stay at. the next morning we would hit the yard and shop. it was a good memory. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Is there any other mopar salvage yard around the center of MO?  I'm in the west central part, and used to drive down to Aurora a few times.

ralley72

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 29, 2012, 12:26:26 PM
Is there any other mopar salvage yard around the center of MO?  I'm in the west central part, and used to drive down to Aurora a few times.

There is a guy near Buffalo Mo. that has alot of B body stuff, not a salvage yard per say, not open to the public, but he does place ads on Springfields craigslist selling parts, engines, trans. sometimes car bodies. Most is 68 and 69 Plymouths and Dodges. Good guy to buy from but a little high.

What city in western central Mo?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

moparstuart

Quote from: ralley72 on October 30, 2012, 09:22:25 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 29, 2012, 12:26:26 PM
Is there any other mopar salvage yard around the center of MO?  I'm in the west central part, and used to drive down to Aurora a few times.

There is a guy near Buffalo Mo. that has alot of B body stuff, not a salvage yard per say, not open to the public, but he does place ads on Springfields craigslist selling parts, engines, trans. sometimes car bodies. Most is 68 and 69 Plymouths and Dodges. Good guy to buy from but a little high.

What city in western central Mo?

Mike
I bet your talking about brent nipper
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE