News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MCACN.....who's goin????

Started by jonw29, October 25, 2012, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonw29

I am planning to be there with my blue Talladega.I look forward to meeting SOO many of the living legends that lurk around here.

Aero426

I am planning on bringing the #7 race car and the lime green street Bird.   We will be celebrating 40 years of ownership on the green car that weekend.   

jonw29

That is a cool milestone Doug.See you there.

hitail

I'll be there with my Bird.
Hitail

69_500

I will be there with my Charger 500.

70Sbird

I'll be there as a spectator at least one (probably Saturday) of the days of the show...

Scott Faulkner

Mopar John

Linda and I will be there with our B5 Daytona! Have heard many others are coming with and without cars!
MJ

hemigeno

:wave:

Lord willing, I plan to be there with the Daytona.

Hey Doug - has the layout for the Aero display been settled yet?

Aero426

Gene, the layout is all up to Bob.    I had suggested we mix the cars double file like a Grand National starting field.    I don't know if he will do that, or keep all the Fords together and Mopars together. 

TheAutoArchaeologist

It isn't that way for the Aero section.  You guys have your "area" and can set it up as you would like.  I know, I am doing the floor layout right now for the show.

Basically we get the cars to that area then it is up to you as long as they fit in the area.

hemi68charger

Man, all the good shows are up North !!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Montreal Wing Car

I'll be flying in from the Great North!
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

Ben

69_500

Can I request to not be anywhere close to any of the 4 OE Daytona's that will be there. I mean my heap would look even worse in close area to those cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on October 26, 2012, 04:31:16 PM
Can I request to not be anywhere close to any of the 4 OE Daytona's that will be there. I mean my heap would look even worse in close area to those cars.

Just pin up the headliner, it'll look much better..  :nana:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

The headliner is the least of worries. What about the dents and rust?

held1823

those add character to it, danny.

what would be beyond incredible would be to have the other OE gold daytona there, as well. if i'm not mistaken, there has been just five of them?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar John

Quote from: held1823 on October 26, 2012, 07:08:03 PM
those add character to it, danny.

what would be beyond incredible would be to have the other OE gold daytona there, as well. if i'm not mistaken, there has been just five of them?
Ernie,
I believe you are correct as far as there being 5 OE GOLD Daytonas from the Mopar Nationals. The missing Daytona would be Steve Fox's black Hemi Daytona. I sent Troy Angelly an e-mail to see if Steve would have any interest in coming but havn't heard anything?
Troy and Paul Jacobs restored Steve's Daytona back in 2007.
MJ

70EK2Bird

Talked with Bob Ashton at the Mecum auction on Saturday and he asked me to bring my car out to the show.  So I will need to clean it up a bit, find some drip pans for underneath  ;) and bring it out.  Should be the only bird with a filled in nose and a 70s style paint job. 

Aero426

I think it will be very popular.

69_500

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on October 31, 2012, 04:23:44 PM
Talked with Bob Ashton at the Mecum auction on Saturday and he asked me to bring my car out to the show.  So I will need to clean it up a bit, find some drip pans for underneath  ;) and bring it out.  Should be the only bird with a filled in nose and a 70s style paint job. 
Personally I prefer seeing the ones with 70's custom paint jobs because it reminds me of my childhood. Used to see all kinds of them like that, now for the most part they are all back to normal and I wish some would keep the wild paint jobs.
Speaking of drip pans I know my 500 leaks some tranny fluid over each winter just not sure how much of a spot it would make in just 2-3 days.

70EK2Bird

:cheers:
Should have fun then talking about the old days.  I never had the opportunity to expericence these cars back then, but I am glad to have the chance now to keep mine the way it is and let the world enjoy :)

pettybird

Quote from: 69_500 on October 31, 2012, 07:30:42 PM
Personally I prefer seeing the ones with 70's custom paint jobs because it reminds me of my childhood.

<--what he said

69_500

Quote from: pettybird on November 01, 2012, 03:16:22 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 31, 2012, 07:30:42 PM
Personally I prefer seeing the ones with 70's custom paint jobs because it reminds me of my childhood.

<--what he said

Well not sure about too many back in the day stories unless you want to know what us kids were doing at aero meets in the early  80's. pretty much all I did back then was follow dad around with cameras. Not much different now except I go alone or with my son.