News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Window Switch

Started by ODZKing, October 24, 2012, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

When we took the 73 Charger apart, I carefully marked all the colors so reassembly would be with minimum pain.  I disconnected the switch and thought I was set.
Well, both switches were loose and have since found better ones since.
The passenger is no problem that is the same, BUT the driver side has a metal bar across so it can not be opened. Does this come apart differently? Does this metal surround seperate from the switch?
Other than splicing the wires which I'd rather not do, how do I reconnect these wires to the switch?   :shruggy:

Carrnutt

I believe as in my later year ones, the switch is pushed / pulled out of the housing and thus the harness towards the front. It almost looks like your original one had been cut, except for the fact that it is flat as opposed to raised as the new one is. I, of course could be mistaken, but look to see if you can do it that way on the old one (so as to not destroy the new one.)
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

charger Downunder

The switch should come out of the housing and the slide the plastic bit out.
Put a screw diver between the housing and switch and pry it back.
[/quote]

ODZKing

I thought it was cut as well, but if it is, it is REALLY neatly done.
OK, I'll pry ... see what happens.
Thanks.  :2thumbs:

ODZKing

Yep, it is spring loaded with sort of a U shaped spring over 4 posts. Pry and pops right off.
Thank You   :2thumbs:

Carrnutt

1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins