News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The New Dukes movie Review

Started by SlowT, August 05, 2005, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowT

Well today my wife,daughter,and I went to see the Dukes movie,and being the fan I am I was ready to hate it.
But for the most part it was pretty good the only 2 probs I had was that Johnny Knoxville was in it and the guy that plays Roscoe was a terrible actor.
The car scenes are great and the Rally driver they hired was amazing definetly worth the Money,and if your in it for just the car stuff there's plenty to keep ya busy.
87 WE-4 Mostly stock,no really lets run em I'll show ya.
Closet Mopar fan.
Dodge the father/Ram the Daughter

Wakko

I loved it!!! You're right, MC Gainey (Roscoe) was horrible and the accents were ear splitting...but the stunts and driving were great.  I loved the outtakes too.   Gonna see it again soon.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

694spdRT

I am planning to see it Saturday night. The theater in town had a local guy bring out his General Lee to put on display for the movie tonight.

I was busy working to get my Charger done tonight so I missed the premier. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ChargerRob

I'm gonna go see it and eat some  :popcrn:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Ex President

Loved it... Didn't set my sights too high as far as the acting, "and or accents" and it didn't dissapoint.

Lots of good one liners... "Jesse is a bit much though". And the stunts are some of the best i've ever seen.

Lots of tore up Chargers though... :(

67_Dodge_Charger

440SC

I liked it too.

I had a hard time believing there would be that many people that didn't like the flag in Atlanta, the deep south, of all places. I can see if they drove it up above the mason/dixon line into the yankee territory possibly, but not in Atlanta or anywhere in the south. Last time I was in Tennesee I'd see people with rebel flags stuck on their vehicles, licence plate frames, etc. Oh well.

Only thing I really didn't appreciate of the movie was the ton of foul language that they used so innocently, and also the drug (marijuana) use that they showed in a few scenes.
Speed kills, but you get there faster.

69_500

Loved the car action scenes, great jumps and just plain seeing the General Lee. However I didn't like the use of all the foul language. I mean a few here and there would have been overlooked, but it seemed like they were just swearing to hear themselves swear.

i didn't care for the whole weed scenes either.