News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

31 Nash rat rod , im ditching mopars for ever turning into a chevy guy NOT!!!

Started by moparstuart, November 04, 2012, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: kab69440 on November 05, 2012, 04:12:55 AM
How close is this friend and moderator to Central Ohio? My truck could use a fresh mill.  That bird catcher needs to go, though...

im going to keep it a runner driver until I have the hemi bought and running and ready to go into it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Stu, does this mean you sold the 500?   I would have kept the Roadrunner if not. :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

:Twocents:  If I was to want one, I think I would have started from scratch, build it my way ( with my screw ups), then pick and choose what rides I want to keep.  Building rods are a little different then rebuilding production cars. :Twocents:

Best of Luck :2thumbs:  It does look cool. :2thumbs:  Bad thing is, you can't fit all your family in it.  I'm one that enjoys tag alongs.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 05, 2012, 08:09:56 AM
Stu, does this mean you sold the 500?   I would have kept the Roadrunner if not. :Twocents:
yup the 500 sold 1 week after the road runner left .  :brickwall: :brickwall:   karma kicked me in the ass on that one.  Oh well I still have the convertible and my brothers 70 RR so no worries .  Also as soon at the Road Runner left I blew out the tranny in the convertible so thats why I needed a 2nd car ready to roll so when one is down I can hop in the other one .   Thats why i wont take this one apart untill the convertible is back on the road and I have a 392 hemi ready to set in it and go .
:yesnod:

moparstuart

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 05, 2012, 08:56:09 AM
:Twocents:  If I was to want one, I think I would have started from scratch, build it my way ( with my screw ups), then pick and choose what rides I want to keep.  Building rods are a little different then rebuilding production cars. :Twocents:

Best of Luck :2thumbs:  It does look cool. :2thumbs:  Bad thing is, you can't fit all your family in it.  I'm one that enjoys tag alongs.
My youngest son Ian who is 11 now  started at a very young age loving Rat Rods .  I was not hot on them or even into them at all . He made me watch documentories and  he drug me to every one at a show for the last 7 years or so .  I have turns around my attitude 100 % the innovation and the little creative thing here and there are what i like about them .  I have always wanted a fancy perfect Hemi Steert ROD . So now i have meshed my sons favorite with what i have alway wanted and this will be something we can do together and if we screw something up its the norm with rat rods .. I also like the idea of getting Fleemarket and junk store parts  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  We have the big muscle cars if the whole family wants to ride along , this will be a car we only keep local to kc for shows Ian and I can goto .

JB400

moparstuart

Ghoste

I don't think you got juked Stu and I think the Hemi will only make it better.  Nice ride.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 10:12:05 AM
I don't think you got juked Stu and I think the Hemi will only make it better.  Nice ride.
Someone has to pull his chain a little bit.  Glad you took time to listen to what your youngest likes, and get something that he enjoys.  You two are going to have a lot of fun with it. It's going be to be one cool ride with the hemi.  Are you going to go new hemi or old skool?

1970Moparmann

I knew there was a reason for the madness!   Well, since you have some dough to burn now you can ...????!!!!???*&^%^%$$##$  and have some fun.  :smilielol:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 05, 2012, 10:51:59 AM
I knew there was a reason for the madness!   Well, since you have some dough to burn now you can ...????!!!!???*&^%^%$$##$  and have some fun.  :smilielol:
yup didnt really want to sell the 500 after selling the RR and paying off my hospital bills  but the buyer must have wanted it more i guess   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 05, 2012, 10:28:15 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 10:12:05 AM
Someone has to pull his chain a little bit.  Glad you took time to listen to what your youngest likes, and get something that he enjoys.  You two are going to have a lot of fun with it. It's going be to be one cool ride with the hemi.  Are you going to go new hemi or old skool?
old school 50's hemi and if i find a nice running dirty nasty one , all the better 

BB1

Delete my profile

moparstuart

Bob

moparstuart

Ghoste

The beauty of the car hobby is variety.  We bicker a little and poke fun at the stuff we aren't into but there really is room for everyone.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 03:04:17 PM
The beauty of the car hobby is variety.  We bicker a little and poke fun at the stuff we aren't into but there really is room for everyone.
i'm trying to fit in them all    :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 03:41:16 PM
You haven't doe bad so far.  :2thumbs:
lol hopefully i wont be a chevy owner for long  it is really making me sick already   :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Lennard

Quote from: moparstuart on November 05, 2012, 02:41:04 AM
hey lennard thank you very much your the man  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
You're welcome, I see that you are now also owner of a vintage drive in movie speaker. :scope: