News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MASTER CYLINDER RESEVOIR GASKET

Started by mbandit, February 09, 2006, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbandit

I have a 69 Charger with a dual chamber master cylinder (small semi-circular chamber at the front and an oblong chamber at the rear).  I need to get a new gasket for the cover.  Anyone know where I can get one or what the part # is?  There a pic of the cover and gasket on E Bay, item # 4610084369.

Tx,

Mel

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: mbandit on February 09, 2006, 03:03:53 PM
Anyone know where I can get one or what the part # is? There a pic of the cover and gasket on E Bay, item # 4610084369.

Tx,

Mel

Ummm Mel, me thinks you answered your own question??? ;)

Seriously though I believe I have seen that gaskets in the HELP! section of your better local parts store
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mbandit

HE'S SELLING THEM ON E BAY AS A PAIR, I JUST WANT THE GASKET, I ALREADY HAVE A CHROME COVER.

I TRIED THE PARTS STORES AND THEY DON'T HAVE THEM....

4402tuff4u

If you dont want to deal with ebay, I believe P-S-T will carry them; 800-247-2288
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

mbandit

Not in PST's catalog... that 'flip the page' thing is neat though.  Surely there's a Chrysler part#?:

4402tuff4u

Call them and talk with Lee, it's about $ 40.00. Not all items are shown in the catalogue. :icon_smile_wink:

mbandit

$40 for the rubber!!!  The chrome lid was only $20.  I might have to resort to goop...

John_Kunkel

Like Chris said, the HELP! section of your local auto supply might have one.

The factory part number is 2881512, try here:

http://www.collectorsautosupply.com/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

4402tuff4u

Dont be surprise, this is the real cost of this hobby. The vendors know that you need this stuff and that's why the prices are what they are. You might be able to locate it somewhere else. Go to the search window, and look for "vendors list". Troy put together a nice list with many websites and phone numbers of vendors you can call for the rubber gasket and other pieces. Do it right, do it once. :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Using Partsvoice.com with the # John provided, it looks like the part is still avail. at the dealer!

Thanks for the # John
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mbandit

The local Chrysler stealer says that's a bad part #....

beenaround

i just ran the# through dealer connect it is cancelled "ns1" but the locater shows 6 dealers who still have it on the shelf.2 in ny 1 each in ct,nc,in,and pa.anyone who wants the dealer info can pm me if they like.

mbandit

Just 6T9 CHGR

Use www.partsvoice.com and it will tell you what dealers still have it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

beenaround

correct just 6t9 as long as the dealer has signed up for parts voice.i have access to chryslers locator so i can check all of the us for #'s.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

is_it_EVER_done?

If you have a pic-a-part nearby, pull one out of a Mopar or Ford car. If yours is deformed, it's most likely due to contamination of your brake fluid, and you should flush your hydraulic system out.

d72hemi

Quote from: mbandit on February 09, 2006, 04:38:10 PM
$40 for the rubber!!!  The chrome lid was only $20.  I might have to resort to goop...

I just paid under $20 at Auto Zone for the entier assy. ;D

mbandit

Got an OEM one from a dealer for $10.  The brake system has bee flushed completely.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cool :thumbs:

Care to post the part # for future refrence??
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mbandit

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just making sure it was the correct #...I guess so
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mbandit

THERE'S 5 MORE LEFT IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED

mbandit

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!  Bitten by the Charger again!   Its the wrong one!  The one sent to me is the reverse image of what I want.  The gasket (diaphragm) should have two dimples in it - a small one with one curved face at the curved end of the cylinder lid and a long oblong dimple at the other end.  Somebody help me.

If anyone wants the one I got from Mopar its yours for $10 shipped.  Its NOS in Mopar packaging.

Mel