News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unrestored daytona anyone heres

Started by nascarxx29, November 06, 2012, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

355152 and 355156 are also 440/auto, B5 w/ blue interior - but I don't have complete tag information on those cars yet.  Their options will be really close to the three cars already posted, more than likely.  Supposedly 355151 is also B5 but I have very little info on it apart from Galen reportedly having the B-sheet.

pettybird

mauve66

Quote from: hemigeno on November 06, 2012, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 06, 2012, 02:09:18 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to disagree with your disagreement.  The 500 was just thrown together at the last minute.  The Daytona was more refined.  While racing was more on the minds of most, I'm sure the sales department had their fair share in what went on in these cars.  They had to know right off the bat they would be a flop sales wise.  So why not throw in a few luxury touches to make it more appealing.  Besides, these cars cost a little bit more to buy than a standard Charger or even a 500.  More luxury for the money?

I'm not sure where you got your information from, but it does not at all coincide with what I've researched of the Daytona's developmental process.

As for the seatbelt clips, console stowage clips were mounted on 1969 C-body consoles but not on B-body versions.  You have to dig into the parts book to see the distinction, but it's there.  While it might suit some folks' argument to say "you never know what might have happened with Chrysler back then", the problem with arguing that this is a factory-installed console has to get around the fact that Hamtramck did not make C-body cars in '69.  So... not only would there had to have been a shortage on the Hamtramck line of blue B-body consoles at the exact moment this car's interior was being installed, but a shipment of C-body consoles would had to have been mis-directed to Hamtramck and accepted by the plant's parts procurement employees.  Maybe it's because I'm from Missouri and all, but I'd have to know a bit more about the history of that car before signing on to the "It's a factory-installed console" petition.

Cool car nonetheless!!!

:Twocents:

i knew i liked you for some reason :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

Quote from: mauve66 on November 08, 2012, 10:13:41 AM
I'm not sure where you got your information from, but it does not at all coincide with what I've researched of the Daytona's developmental process.

As for the seatbelt clips, console stowage clips were mounted on 1969 C-body consoles but not on B-body versions.  You have to dig into the parts book to see the distinction, but it's there.  While it might suit some folks' argument to say "you never know what might have happened with Chrysler back then", the problem with arguing that this is a factory-installed console has to get around the fact that Hamtramck did not make C-body cars in '69.  So... not only would there had to have been a shortage on the Hamtramck line of blue B-body consoles at the exact moment this car's interior was being installed, but a shipment of C-body consoles would had to have been mis-directed to Hamtramck and accepted by the plant's parts procurement employees.  Maybe it's because I'm from Missouri and all, but I'd have to know a bit more about the history of that car before signing on to the "It's a factory-installed console" petition.

Cool car nonetheless!!!

:cheers:

That's just my diplomatic way of saying I'm stubborn, skeptical and hard-headed.  :P

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 08, 2012, 11:46:23 AM

Cool car nonetheless!!!

That's just my diplomatic way of saying I'm stubborn, skeptical and hard-headed.  :P
me too  and missouri born and raised also    :icon_smile_big:
   it really pisses my wife off to no end that i question everything
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Quote from: moparstuart on November 08, 2012, 11:59:05 AM

As for the seatbelt clips, console stowage clips were mounted on 1969 C-body consoles but not on B-body versions.  You have to dig into the parts book to see the distinction, but it's there.  While it might suit some folks' argument to say "you never know what might have happened with Chrysler back then", the problem with arguing that this is a factory-installed console has to get around the fact that Hamtramck did not make C-body cars in '69.  So... not only would there had to have been a shortage on the Hamtramck line of blue B-body consoles at the exact moment this car's interior was being installed, but a shipment of C-body consoles would had to have been mis-directed to Hamtramck and accepted by the plant's parts procurement employees.  Maybe it's because I'm from Missouri and all, but I'd have to know a bit more about the history of that car before signing on to the "It's a factory-installed console" petition.

Cool car nonetheless!!!

That's just my diplomatic way of saying I'm stubborn, skeptical and hard-headed.  :P
me too  and missouri born and raised also    :icon_smile_big:
Add me to that list as well.

WINGIN IT

mauve66

As for the seatbelt clips, console stowage clips were mounted on 1969 C-body consoles but not on B-body versions.  You have to dig into the parts book to see the distinction, but it's there.  While it might suit some folks' argument to say "you never know what might have happened with Chrysler back then", the problem with arguing that this is a factory-installed console has to get around the fact that Hamtramck did not make C-body cars in '69.  So... not only would there had to have been a shortage on the Hamtramck line of blue B-body consoles at the exact moment this car's interior was being installed, but a shipment of C-body consoles would had to have been mis-directed to Hamtramck and accepted by the plant's parts procurement employees.  Maybe it's because I'm from Missouri and all, but I'd have to know a bit more about the history of that car before signing on to the "It's a factory-installed console" petition.

Cool car nonetheless!!!

That's just my diplomatic way of saying I'm stubborn, skeptical and hard-headed:P

mine says something about my pic being in the dictionary under those very words
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Not from Missouri, just skeptical enough after looking at these cars for so many years to have an extremely difficult time believing that one ever came from the factory with seat belt clips on the console.

JB400

The Missouri deal only means we're playful enough to get the information out while others think we're serious :D

Ghoste

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2012, 07:00:37 AM
Not from Missouri, just skeptical enough after looking at these cars for so many years to have an extremely difficult time believing that one ever came from the factory with seat belt clips on the console.

Since "C" bodies were not made at the same plant, it would be strange for a belt clip console to show up among normal consoles and be installed on the line without question.
Then the dealer would have seen it and not questioned it.  Then the original owner would not have questioned it.  Finally - all these years later, it gets questioned!! 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

held1823

curious as to why the c body console was added. it would seem that used b-body pieces would have been more plentiful, so perhaps the owner already had it on hand.  did they both mount to the same brackets?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

ksquared

Quote from: pettybird on November 08, 2012, 10:03:25 AM
Holy central office laziness!

I have thought of that many time too.  Like why do they choose an exterior color with an optional interior color choice, then put in the basic black?

Does anybody know about the percentage of cars ordered by dealers/customers who chose their options vs. cars made by the Dodge central office where somebody just checked boxes?

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on November 11, 2012, 01:49:31 PM
curious as to why the c body console was added. it would seem that used b-body pieces would have been more plentiful, so perhaps the owner already had it on hand.  did they both mount to the same brackets?

its blue
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Quote from: held1823 on November 11, 2012, 01:49:31 PM
did they both mount to the same brackets?

AFAIK, they did mount to the same brackets.