News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have fitment issues with BE&A Dash Bezels?

Started by 440, November 08, 2012, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 01:20:40 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  Are you using something to simulate the plated look and if so, how is the finished product?

Oh my bad.  The examples given are when you have the bezels vacuum plated.  I did use a paint to mimick chrome on my own though.

The whole story:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86736.0.html

Scroll halfway down page 3 to see the shots I took outside, right after I painted the chrome.

Badsically I used modellers paint to do the chrome and unless I tell you, you wouldn't be able to tell.  Troy saw my bezels and he couldn't really tell it was paint.

You need a gloss black enamel as smooth as possible and then mist this special chrome paint over it to get the desired effect.  I used an airbrush for it, I doubt you could get the same result with a spray can.  In essence, the gloss is still from the black paint, the chrome paint simply changes the color.  It's real weird but it works.  The paint is very cheap and that's good because you may end up experimenting quite a bit to get it right.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just don't clear it or you'll turn the chrome into a bright silver.

Dino

Quote from: 440 on November 28, 2012, 06:44:13 PM
Just don't clear it or you'll turn the chrome into a bright silver.

Correctemundo
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I should take a photo of the issues with the new bezels but not certain the problem will show up well. I think us poor overseas buyers get the returns/rejects because we are unlikely to return stuff back due to the expense of shipping

Ghoste

bull

I just got my repro set from PG Classic and right off I noticed an issue that sounds a lot like what Brian had. There's about 1/8" - 1/4" gap between the top of the small side piece on the right and the bottom of the long top piece above the glove box where the two butt together (well, they're supposed to butt together). You can't raise the small side piece much if any because it's molded to the curvature of the dash so I will be forced to egg out half or all of the top bezel mounting holes to close the gap. Can't say I'm too excited about carving up those original mounting holes. :brickwall:

Back N Black

Quote from: bull on July 26, 2013, 09:31:45 PM
I just got my repro set from PG Classic and right off I noticed an issue that sounds a lot like what Brian had. There's about 1/8" - 1/4" gap between the top of the small side piece on the right and the bottom of the long top piece above the glove box where the two butt together (well, they're supposed to butt together). You can't raise the small side piece much if any because it's molded to the curvature of the dash so I will be forced to egg out half or all of the top bezel mounting holes to close the gap. Can't say I'm too excited about carving up those original mounting holes. :brickwall:

When i installed my repro bezels i had the same problem. I tweaked the dash and now they fit perfect. When installing the dash it can get bent out of shape and require adjustment.

bull

Yeah, I should have come back and updated this earlier but I was able to get mine pretty close by filing the mounting holes out. I didn't want to do that but I figured it was a better alternative than the hassle and cost of Plan B.