News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

Finoke

I agree and thanks for this post. I lost my son at age 21 last year due to a drug overdose. I believe the underlying cause was depression. He never wanted to talk about it and I didn't quite know what to do.

It's definitely the best for everyone to get things like this out in the open, even though it feels almost impossible to do so.  :2thumbs:

skip68

Wow!   Sorry to hear that finoke.  I think it's a great idea to have a place to vent here.   I'm sure we've got plenty of members here going through tuff times and or personal tragedies.   Thanks for posting finoke.  :cheers:  I see you've been here since 05 but rarely post.   Time to brake that habit and get to know us idiots.  :2thumbs:   
Chuck ..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I fully agree with Dj, post up.  We are a support group.  Not just for cars either. :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

I go through this a lot , especially in the cold dark winter days .Things have been better since I moved to Panama or the most part .
Oddly I recently had chocolate after a looong period without , generally I dislike chocolate anyway but I was given a large bag of M&M peanuts , it really distroyed me for a few days . I did some reasearch on line , I found out this is not all that uncommon & coffee can have a similar reaction possibly due to copper content in nuts chocolate & coffee too , if your body  already has a high copper content this can push you over the edge , I have know for a loong time that I have a violent reaction to coffee so now chocolate is on my no go list too  :2thumbs:

Patronus

I lost a friend just a couple weeks ago. I was floored! Of course by his decision, but also because I had been thinking the same. I cannot explain the gut wrench to be there for his brother and family. We are a tight knit group of guys. I can't help but think I should've made a difference..
My pain is better now, only due to daily morphine and pharmies. To anyone: Life is a battle. And in war you buddy up. It helps to talk about it...And once you start you're on your way.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

Yep, had buddies inside a restaraunt drinking coffee at 5:00pm. Stupid kid pulled out in front of a semi as the semi was coming down an off ramp.  Truck driver swerved and clipped the front of the car and plowed throught the restaurant.  Killed one instantly, and the other a week later.  The one that was killed instantly, I can still hear him call my name out.  That happened a month a go.

Chryco Psycho

Neal_J

I nominate djcarguy's post for Best Post Ever.

It doesn't matter who you reach out to for help - family, friends, counselors, medical professionals - just ask for help and it will surely come.

May we all find peace.

Neal

JB400

Anyone that posts their problems are a winner :2thumbs:  They have come to the realization that they have a problem and want the help.  That's the first step to a healthy recovery. :2thumbs:

twodko

I couldn't have said it better. Reach out and live, it's worth it!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Neal_J on November 13, 2012, 01:43:12 PM

It doesn't matter who you reach out to for help - family, friends, counselors, medical professionals - just ask for help and it will surely come.

May we all find peace.

Neal
I second that.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Ranger Max on November 13, 2012, 01:33:10 PM
I have been working on these problems all my life and it just seems like one step forward two steps back.
Chryco will relate......we already have 2 feet of snow here in Great Falls MT.

After reading some of your posts, I really need a geographical change. I think it would do me a world of good.

I have a lot of great stuff happening in my life, - really - I should be doing back flips but just don't feel like it.
Sorry to say sometimes hearing bad stuff makes the shoes I am wearing look O.K.

Btw, I will try and post more.

Great Falls is not far south of where I spent a lot of my life ... cold & dark in the winter . Fortunatly you have options available to you I never had , work may be tough but as a US citizen Arizona New Mexico , Nevada , Florida are all options on the mainland  + Hawaii , US virgin islands & Puerto Rico  etc .
I would not wait , I have moved around so much in my life it no longer scares me at all , you can find good people anywhere & opportunities as well . Come & visit Panama if you are inclined  , 12 month summers & 13 hrs of daylight year round kicks ass !

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on November 13, 2012, 09:40:18 AM
 Time to brake that habit and get to know us idiots.  :2thumbs:   
Chuck ..........

I just want to say..................speak for yourself!  :nana:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on November 14, 2012, 05:30:00 PM
Chuck ..........

Yeah, but you'll still listen :nana:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 14, 2012, 05:32:41 PM
Quote from: Fred on November 14, 2012, 05:30:00 PM
Chuck ..........

Yeah, but you'll still listen :nana:

I'm all ears.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Neal_J on November 13, 2012, 01:43:12 PM

May we all find peace.

Neal

Depression is one of the worst diseases around.  Family members have had it for years, and I'm sure it's in my blood.  It's always hard to look at the positives when there are so much negatives in your life.   I agree 100% that this is the post of the year.  Us dumb ass guys are more guilty of keeping things inside without any type of release. 

My wife and I saw some "issues" with communication with our 8 year old about a year ago.  Our Doc suggested a therapist to "talk things through" and it made leaps and bounds help with our son.  I was afraid I was seeing some depression even at such a young age.  The therapist helps my son communicate thoughts and feelings more openly and like I said, has changed him to a fun loving kid again.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

I used to think it was just mind over matter until I started getting my anxiety attacks some years back (I'm pretty much over them now). It was terrible. I felt like I couldn't breathe and my clothes felt constricting. I'd be driving down the street and all of a sudden I'd have to pull over and literally rip my shirt off and drive back home again. Couldn't stand any tight clothes, not even jeans and had to run around in track pants and t/shirts. Whether it was all in my head or not, I don't know but I do know there was nothing I could do about it............It just took over my life and I had to live with it. That sort of thing can drive you to suicide for sure. The wife was very understanding, thank God.

mauve66

talking to someone who creates a theory based on whatever you tell them is not help, is $250 hr down the drain, each person must decide whats best for themselves, no matter what the subject in life, there comes a point of diminishing returns, only that individual person can decide when its not worth the trouble anymore

anyone that thinks suicide is the "easy" way out hasn't done it, that's why there are so many failed suicides each year, it takes enormous willpower to overcome the human minds will to live.  Don't think so?? 
call the ambulance and just lay down in a tub full of water, your mind will reject the idea of what your doing even though you "know" that help is already 2 blocks away

the only thing you can do is thank that person for the time they gave you on this earth and make YOUR next decision, don't try to "make sense" of THEIR decision

i'll catch flak for this post but we're all entitled to an opinion, even if it's not popular, just don't make YOUR opinion a law for OTHERS to live by
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

JB400

Quote from: mauve66 on November 14, 2012, 08:34:39 PM
talking to someone who creates a theory based on whatever you tell them is not help, is $250 hr down the drain, each person must decide whats best for themselves, no matter what the subject in life, there comes a point of diminishing returns, only that individual person can decide when its not worth the trouble anymore

anyone that thinks suicide is the "easy" way out hasn't done it, that's why there are so many failed suicides each year, it takes enormous willpower to overcome the human minds will to live.  Don't think so?? 
call the ambulance and just lay down in a tub full of water, your mind will reject the idea of what your doing even though you "know" that help is already 2 blocks away

the only thing you can do is thank that person for the time they gave you on this earth and make YOUR next decision, don't try to "make sense" of THEIR decision

i'll catch flak for this post but we're all entitled to an opinion, even if it's not popular, just don't make YOUR opinion a law for OTHERS to live by
Agree 110% + a few more

Big Sugar

Robert is right to some degree, it can somtimes depend on how willing the sufferer wants to sort their life out, a Docter can only help to some degree and some doctors really don't have the talant to sort out a persons emotions over short periods of time, it's really about how willing the patient is to want to accept change or help.
  Inevitably that dark long depression will rear it's ugly head again and if your thoughts were dark before you can bet the darkness will appear again.

But DJCARGUY is a stand up guy ! and he is the kind of person who can make a difference, that was a pretty bold topic to fire up and I'm glad you did it. I honestly beleve there are more people who suffer from depression now more than ever , and suicidal thoughts are probably way higher than we all care to admit....and if that is the case then we need to keep a wider eye open for the friends and family around us that may be suffering quietly.

Thank you for that post !

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

djcarguy

SOME GOOD INFO AND REPLYS ON[[[[  DOES ANYONE USE LIGHT THERAPY]]]] THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH WINTER BLUES AND SADDNESS OR LOSS OF MOTIVATION,,WORTH A READ.

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE HOLIDAY,WINTER FUNK .BUT IN MY 2 YRS HERE HAVE POSTED ABOUT BEING DISABLED,BUT NOT DEPRESSION AND MEDS.  WAS FORCED OUT OF WORK 2001 AND COULD NOT GET WORK BECAUSE OF PSHYICAL INJURIES AND OPPERATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. AND IT TOOKS YEARS AND ALMOST MY LIFE TO FINALLY GET A DOC WHO SAW HOW BAD AND CLOSE I WAS TO CHECKING OUT. STILL TOOK LONG TIME AND LAWYER AND SHRINK TO GET DECLARED UNEMPLOYABLE AND GET DISABLITY. SOME TIMES ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS MY 3 KIDS . I HAVE GOOD AND BAD PERIODS LIKE RIDING SOME KILLER ROLLER COASTER.MARRIED TWICE AND 1 LONG TIME LIV IN ALL FELL APART.JOBS AND BOSSES AND COPS ARE NOT TO UNDERSTANDING.  OR WIVES EITHER SOMTIMES.

BUT WITH TIME OF YEAR AND LOSS OF OUR MOPAR BROTHER,I FELT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME AND OTHERS IF WE GOT THIS OUT IN OPEN AND BE A SUPPORT  TO  OTHER MEMBERS..   RIP TO A GREAT GUY,CHARGER STEVE.

MOSTLY ASKING AND ENCOURAGING ALL US SOMETIMES THICK SKULLED ,HE-MAN TO ASK FOR AND EXCEPT SOME HELP AND LIFE CAN GET BETTER AND EVEN OUT THE ROLLER COASTER OF LIFE.   :Twocents: DJ

Cooter

Yeah, try and work your problems out, or at the very least get someone to help you through it. It's not very fun to watch your ol man slice his throat from ear to ear @ age 13.....Trust me, there was a time in my life when I coulda used that SOB.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"