News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Quote from: djcarguy on August 28, 2015, 02:39:29 AM

My car guy uncle passed last week ,memorial the 5th 5 hrs away.

Dj, the 5th is more than 5 hours away.     :nana:   
Sorry to hear this.   Careful with those pills.    :yesnod:   
Set yourself some realistic goals Dj.  Think of things that you've always wanted or wanted to do and focus on doing those things.  Especially if they might be considered selfish.   Hell, post them up here and maybe some of us might be able to help out with something.    :2thumbs:   
Chuck.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

djcarguy

My 23 yr old son flys back to germany today has till dec 2016 there.hadnt seen him for 10 month was great but short visit ,he stayed at his moms.  great kid ,miss him more again now after seeing again.

did not go to uncles momorial 9-5-15.called his son ,sent my best an told him to hug a few others for me.   5 hr drive in my 30 yr 200k old car on labor day an all that sad stuff was not up too it.plan to go up round Turkey day ,,happier times,i hope.

well 6 am son is at airport?? an iam a sad dad an my brain is stuck in high gear.so eeeeing an posting to try an focus on anything else????????not working too good,think i will go food shopping an get sugary stuff that will put me in sugar over load an make me sleepy???????maybee old movie an knod off for a while.............hope ya guys are all doing good out there ,make plans an bee strong..DJ :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 22, 2012, 06:19:17 AM
       NEWS FLASH;;;;;  GOVERNMENT STUDY ::::: WARNS ABOUT POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH THE MIXING OF TURKEY,,,MEDICATION AND FOOTBALL AND DRINKING::::   THAT COMBINED WITH OVER EATING ,FAMILY AND STRESS MAY CAUSE LOSS OF SELF CONTROL,LONG PERIODS OF BLACK OUTS AND DROOLING:::

EXTREME CAUTIONS IS ADVISED ,,,HAHAHAHA  KIDDING HAVE A GOOD TURKEY DAY..........ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND  MEDS AND DRINKING CAN BE A VERY BAD COMBO,WITH FAMILY AND STRESSES......... EVEN WITH OUT MEDS,,,
          IF FEELING DEPRESSED OR DOWM IN DUMPS-BLUES,,DRINKING CAN TAKE YOU OVER THE EDGE... BEEE CAREFUL AND SAFE,OUT THERE.  HAPPY BIRD DAY,WELL NOT FOR THE BIRDS,HAHA.. WHO LIKES DUCKS I HAVE 4 HANGING OUT IN BACK YARD,HAVE BEEN FATTENING THEM UP .FEED THEM LOTS OF OLD APPLES TOO ,FUN TO WATCH DRUCK DUCK,,WADDLE.HAHAHA
                             HAVE A SAFE DAY, I BEEEEE STAYING HOME WITH HEAD COLD AN CHICKEN DINNER,,NO ENERGY TA CATCH AN FIX A DUCK RIGHT NOW.                        SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE IF YA BELLE ANT IN THE WAY.   3 AM ON COLD MEDS AND LACK OF SLEEP..LATTTERR  DJ  

djcarguy

feelin down ?/ 1/2 off lots car stuff at HOBBY LOBBY   an looks at lots of the old model kits,aero 426 said phone app for 40 % 0ff models an stuff.

CRAZY HOLIDAYS AN WINTER HERE AGAIN??  IAM TRYING TO FIND UPLIFTING STUFF AN MAKING WHOLE 3 NO BED HOME MANCAVE..TAKE CARE OUT THERE AN POST IF YA NEED TO VENT OR SOME SUPORT FROM OTHER CAR MINDED SRANGE DUDES.EVEN US HE-MAN NEED TO LET DOWN AN VENT OR ASK FOR HELP SOMETIMES...

TAKE CARE AN FIND SOME FUN EVEN IF ITS SMALL DISTRACTION TO GET MIND ON SOMETHING ELSE FOR AWHILE......LATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR.DJ DART AN TOY JUNKIE :drool5: :2thumbs: :cheers: :nana: :pity: :pity:  NOT PITY  JUST BRO SUPPORT :pity:

djcarguy

Had my meat loaf THANKS GIVING WITH my 34 yr old girl,her hubby an JOanna-3yr an BRian 8months, MY grankids,monday.was a good time an enjoyed seeing them an kidingly told my girl that was the best turkey ever,we had meat loaf ,tators,an a great salad,BEETS AN CRESSIONS?SP TWIST,ROLLED ,FRENCE DINNER ROLL THING>>??

was there 4 hrs an home by 9;30 an sleep by 10. son inlaw is into cars so we get along an have stuff to talk about. except not thursday was a good time. my girls mom is on her 3rd or so hubby since i lived with her ,so we tallerate each other on B-days an stuff . But iam black listed from TURKEY day an X_MAS stuff the last few years since latest hubby got hook my her. :pity:

WELL HOPING YA ALL A GOOD TURKEY DAY OUT THERE. IF YA BORED LOG ON SURE FEW OF US WILL BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HERE TO SEE WHATS GOING ON.  ITS SUNNY HERE IN OREGON,IF YA CLOSE BY I WILL BEE COOKING 10 LBS OF CHICKEN DARK MEAT LEGS AN THIGHS,,HATE WHITE MEAT,HAHAHAHA..                       TAKE CARE OUT THERE..DJ--BYE OFF TOY SHOPPING,HAHAHA

djcarguy

HAVE A GOOD THANKS GIVING AN BEEEEE GOOD TO YOURSELF AN FAMILY. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: DJ   

dyslexic teddybear

Like many, a lot of crap has happened with my family in the last few years.......but a lot of good things happened too. :yesnod:

Don't let the bad overshadow the good.

This is a good day to remember that. A good Thanksgiving to all. :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 08, 2015, 08:01:06 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on November 22, 2012, 06:19:17 AM
       NEWS FLASH;;;;;  GOVERNMENT STUDY ::::: WARNS ABOUT POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH THE MIXING OF TURKEY,,,MEDICATION AND FOOTBALL AND DRINKING::::   THAT COMBINED WITH OVER EATING ,FAMILY AND STRESS MAY CAUSE LOSS OF SELF CONTROL,LONG PERIODS OF BLACK OUTS AND DROOLING:::

EXTREME CAUTIONS IS ADVISED ,,,HAHAHAHA  KIDDING HAVE A GOOD TURKEY DAY..........ALSO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND  MEDS AND DRINKING CAN BE A VERY BAD COMBO,WITH FAMILY AND STRESSES......... EVEN WITH OUT MEDS,,,
          IF FEELING DEPRESSED OR DOWM IN DUMPS-BLUES,,DRINKING CAN TAKE YOU OVER THE EDGE... BEEE CAREFUL AND SAFE,OUT THERE.  HAPPY BIRD DAY,WELL NOT FOR THE BIRDS,HAHA.. WHO LIKES DUCKS I HAVE 4 HANGING OUT IN BACK YARD,HAVE BEEN FATTENING THEM UP .FEED THEM LOTS OF OLD APPLES TOO ,FUN TO WATCH DRUCK DUCK,,WADDLE.HAHAHA
                             HAVE A SAFE DAY, I BEEEEE STAYING HOME WITH HEAD COLD AN CHICKEN DINNER,,NO ENERGY TA CATCH AN FIX A DUCK RIGHT NOW.                        SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE IF YA BELLE ANT IN THE WAY.   3 AM ON COLD MEDS AND LACK OF SLEEP..LATTTERR  DJ  
WEEK TILL THE BIG DAY AN IAM OUT OF VODKA ALLREADY??  BEST WISHES AN HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD SILLY SEASON AND PLANS FOR A BETTER NEW YEAR.BEST TA YA AN YOUR PLANS?  TAKE CARE OUT THERE,AND BEEEEEE GOOD TA YA SELF. LATTTTER dj :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Christmas is going to suck this year. My Mom died last week and we were really close.  She was only 77.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

birdsandbees

As am I Acudanut, don't let it get in the way of the clear picture and a reason to celebrate Christmas. Didn't look like my wife was ever going to put a tree up, with our daughter passing in August, but while Leah was out on Friday I put the tree up. I put it in a different room and moved some furniture so it would fit, as generally where the tree would go was the front room our daughter spent the last few weeks in on our main floor. Gonna be tough, but for those of us still here life moves forward while we feed off the memories of the past. Merry Christmas, be well ! Wayne
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 20, 2015, 11:53:03 AM
Christmas is going to suck this year. My Mom died last week and we were really close.  She was only 77.

My condolences on your loss....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Dino

Acudanut I am very sorry for your loss.  My deepest sympathies.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

Thank you guys.  I miss her so much already. Like all Moms, she carried our burdens and trials in life and was always to go to person for life issues.  If your Mom is still alive, call her.

Paul G

My condolences to you.

When my Mom passed in 04 For some reason I felt like an orphan. I have 5 sisters and a family of my own, but I still felt like I was alone in the world after her passing. Oddly, others I spoke with about this had similar feelings.

I watched my parents deal with the sorrow of loosing their parents as the grandparents passed, then I had to go through it as my parents passed. Eventually our children will go through it as well. Such is life I guess. Live every day to its fullest. 

Best wishes.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

djcarguy

13 Days sober again,not sure why for me its easy to stop for 1-6 months at a time, then the patterns or stress seem to kick in again.
  Back round Tky-day i was very low an depressed,got busy buying toys an models,was fun for a week or 2. then started drinking the long evenings away.Friday week before X-mas was on way out to buy more vodka. Nice little old nayber lady came over with lemon pie an bag of chex mix .She wanted to know if i was ok an how i was.Saying thanks for doing her yard work for being a good nayber,an Merry X mas. so i ate some pie an watched the news bout a 8 yr old girl who lost her family in a fire. how her ant an unckle took her in an started some go fund me page to help with her burns. like 500k people had sent her cards an money.It really touched me.as i have always donated to saint judes an kids causes.     

i have not drank or got an more booze an for now,,13 days. just been staying home an behaving myself.been to church few times in last week an a half. spoilling my self with pie,ice cream an sugary stuff.
       but no personal contact the 24-25-26 was very depressing an sad.only spoken words for those 3 days was my girl called few minute Xmas day an she kept saying only have few minutes then off to her inlaws. no call or even a email from 2 sons ,4 sibling or mom ...no mom call no biggy to me.  have to go to wally mart or food store to talk,it sucks.    sure missing summer an car stuff an contact.YES <I THANK some good guys an times on this site.   tring to make some plans an joining a model club...well take care out there,Iam tring to plan an look to the new year..lattter DJ

skip68

You need to keep yourself busy dj.   Idle time is dangerous for anyone with addiction or depression.   Seems like you've got all 3 mixing together.   Get out and go exploring every day.   Try and get involved with your church and community helping others less fortunate.    I think you're lacking praise, feeling needed and lonely.  
Doing what I said would fill those voids.   There's a lot of people out there that could really use your help dj and in return it will help you.    :Twocents: :yesnod:  
One day at a time.  

Living's easy, you just have to wake up and breath.  It's the choices we make that make living hard.  
Focus on something and make it happen.   That's great that you've gone to church a few times.   :2thumbs:    Volunteer to help everywhere you can.    :yesnod:
Chuck.    :cheers: :2thumbs:

Lord Warlock

Really think you should try to avoid alcohol if possible, taking a depressant while depressed already isn't a good combo.  Read you are stopped again, keep at it.  I should talk, I don't drink but I do smoke...and need to quit.  Plan on quitting for the new year, but absolutely positive i'll fall off the wagon a time or two in the process. 

As for depression, I fight daily bouts with it now, only had to work out of a deep dark episode once before, but now I find myself on the border.  Others seem to think me being talkative means i'm in a good mood, but it isn't, just means I don't want to burden others that can't do anything to help from worrying too much.  I do have a way out, can take prescribed pain killers and anti depressants if I want to, choose not to take the AD drugs. they keep you feeling drugged all day, and I prefer to avoid that.  Can self medicate with my own garden if I want.  Lately not feeling like life is getting better, feel its slowly getting worse, every piece of good news I get, is balanced with a piece of not so good news that I get soon afterward.  Over the holidays I was allowed to put off the next series of treatments so I could visit family, that ends next week and I'm back on the 3 week regimen of chemo, recover, start feeling normal then start it all over again.  Non stop blood tests, 3 months of chemo treatments then more CT scans or PET scans to judge if treatment is doing anything. 

Keep telling myself to give myself a reward for surviving last six months...and because I may not be able to enjoy things much longer.  Not feeling healthier, feel like i'm drained all the time, even though I do spend a lot of time with my cars, not getting much done on them.  I did get to sell one of them a couple weeks ago, and have hopes of selling another soon, then have to decide how long to hold on to the most important car, actually took titles to dmv this week to add wifes name to each title.  Only stupid requirements by DMV saved me from completing this task, have to fill out old titles like I sold them to wife...just to add her to title.  Seems stupid to me. 

This weekend could be a very expensive weekend or not,  all depends on if I opt to go the reward route, will cost me about 8k, and may add some smiles per mile, but doubt it will use it that much. But it is on the car I use a lot still.  Plan on taking it to Mr Norm's shop for an upgrade, just haven't called and ordered the part yet, keep putting it off because its a large purchase.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

djcarguy

May day, E-mail virue deleted all my new an old an saved mails... Is there a way to recover them???

First time it just deleted line by line the new ones,an i was able to recover some ,or restore from the deleted bin.  THen it deleted al new, old and delete the one in the delete or restore last stop box???

IAM asking for help as emails is main contact i have to out side,1 son an 4 sibling an few other relatives an friends?  had saved messages from bubba friend of 40 yrs who passed few yrs ago ,from als. an info of facebook an pay-pal passwords,stuff like that.

ANY WAY to recover? have new computer waiting was trying to find way to save important stuff over to new one?       well guess i could take it as a sign new year ,new computer an start over?   have stuff ,messages back to 07 when my dad died,bubba few yrs ago .

have not clicked on address book to see if its gone as i dont want to possibly let it spead to it??

WEll was not sure where to ask??  lattter DJ any info helpful,thanks DJ

HANDM

Happy new year everyone and god willing it will be a happy one....

I've been struggling off and on for the last 6 months with the usual depression issues so two weeks ago I finally quit smoking marijuana as it was/ is the root cause of my problems. After 31 years (I'm 43) of HEAVY and I mean HEAVY use, it's about time.

The chief reason was/ is, I started vaping "shatter" which if you don't know, is extremely concentrated THC extracted using butane and my wife astutely observed that after two months of heavy use, I was very aggressive, and very likely to fly off the handle for no rel reason at all. I of course yelled at her that it's (the shatter) not the problem. Two day later my business partner said basically the same thing..... The following Saturday, hit the the concentrate and had major anxiety all day, it was then that I finally woke up and realized that I was done with it

Of course I've been going through depression and anxiety because of it as it's been part of me for 3/4 of my life, but it's nothing compared to the anxiety that I would have regularly from smoking it, and being rather depressive it certainly wasn't helping.

HANDM

I would also like to add an uplifting story (for me at least)

About four months ago, one of my close friends revealed to me that he has stage 4 melanoma (skin cancer) and that he had been running a low grade fever for the last year and that it could take him at any time.

Two months later I hadn't heard from him so I drove by his house only to find it vacant and up for sale. I immediately called his phone only to find it disconnected. Needless to say, I was in tears by the time I got home.

I've lost so many dear loved ones in the last 16 years I just couldn't believe that I'd lost another.

Fast forward to last week, I at Disneyland with my beautiful family when out of the blue (my eyes are welling up as I type this) this friend calls me from a number I didn't recognize and leaves me a message. Standing in line for the monster inc ride, I listen hear his voice and instantaneously start crying tears of joy. My wife and kids are asking "whats wrong?" and I can barely say "it's tears of joy"

He had quit his job of 20 years, moved to oak harbor, lost the fever and has never felt better, praise the lord and with his will he'll be around for a long while....

skip68

Lord Warlock

If anyone needs someone to talk to, or to work through a depression episode, send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.  Having someone to talk to is important in getting through tough episodes of depression. I'm home all the time now, and have nothing to do all day unless I force myself to go outside and accomplish something. 

It was probably a mistake to push for a prognosis from the cancer docs, after hearing what I asked to hear, been a bit more depressed than before, mainly because I found my time span to survive has dropped considerably.  I'll find out the next status update on Monday, I usually take the wife with me for CT Scan reviews.  After the doc apt we're going to dmv to put the cars in her name as well as mine, just to simplify things when my health fails. 

Have something to look forward to now though, have to wait a month for part to arrive, then several weeks to have it installed for me.  But having a goal has been uplifting some. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Bobs69

I haven't been reading all the posts completely I'll admit.

However, I struggle with depression all the time.  I have for years.  I certainly don't have the all the answers.  However:

Eat right

Set obtainable goals

Reward yourself. ( I had a buddy that would get excited about successfully swapping windshield wiper blades and reward himself by taking the old car out for a test drive.)

Very, very, very VERY hard to do - stop looking for approval from people.

Exercise.

A reason to get out of bed in the morning even when you are not working.

Don't compete with others.

Keep family close (and the important people)

Anyone else got some ideas for us?