News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

So last week I found out I will no longer be going into the military due to possible epilepsy, which I had failed to disclose on my form (they had access to my medical records), and the company I sold my Dart to start up, is now on the verge of bankruptcy (which also means personal bankruptcy) due to no work.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

68charger440

If you were trying to get into the military then you must be fairly young.  That is probably an asset that many uf us would give up quite a bit to have.  You can recover from quite a bit with time.  Remember the old sage advice..."Time heals all wounds"
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Kern Dog

I don't know why people would use an online forum to express such intense, personal details about themselves. I see posts quite often where the OP cries on and on about the cheating wife, asshole kids, people close to them that died, etc. I've had some shitty stuff happen to me just like anyone else but I don't understand why they'd open themselves up like that to strangers. This stuff we post online stays out there forever.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 07, 2016, 11:43:41 PM
I don't know why people would use an online forum to express such intense, personal details about themselves. I see posts quite often where the OP cries on and on about the cheating wife, asshole kids, people close to them that died, etc. I've had some shitty stuff happen to me just like anyone else but I don't understand why they'd open themselves up like that to strangers. This stuff we post online stays out there forever.

A lot of people dont have a good support system around them (family/friends, etc) and this may be the only outlet they have to express their frustrations, etc.

I personally wouldnt do it, as im a fairly private person, but I understand why some do. If it somehow helps them deal with their issues, then good for them.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 25, 2016, 10:14:33 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

I am not going to go back and read this whole thread. Reading anything with so many errors and all in capital letters just makes me  :brickwall:
The OP does have a point though.
Mental health is a real problem for some, yet admitting the problem is humiliating for most people. Imagine that you get the courage to admit that you do not have control of your own mind, only to deal with people that never trust or believe what you have to say later.
I am speaking hypothetically, though like anyone else, I have good days and bad. I have never considered suicide and I have never known anyone who has tried.
I have dealt with a few aches and pains due to my many years in construction. There have been times where I have been in such pain, I would have done almost anything to stop it. What about the people that deal with this every day? The religious people that bemoan assisted suicide as being a mortal sin are entitled to that opinion but holy crap...A person sees no end to the pain except a peaceful passing and they tell the afflicted that they are going to hell ??   :slap:

Depression blues?
I get the Winter blues pretty much every year. If I am in between jobs, I want to sleep in every day. My motivation to do things is limited. I feel like hibernating until mid February when the weather starts getting better and the daylight hours are longer. I never feel like hurting myself or anyone else, I just switch from being outgoing and engaged to being introverted and lazy. To those that do feel depressed, angry, vengeful or destructive, I can only guess that keeping it to yourself AND being by yourself is probably not good. You hear stories about otherwise sane people that dramatically change after using drugs or alcohol, right? This is surely due to the chemical changes that occur. Mental illness is often tied to a chemical imbalance too. This is some powerful stuff.
Most wonderful time of the year?
Not for everyone. To those having trouble, please think of it this way: Do not do anything permanent in the effort to solve a problem that is probably temporary.

Bobs69

I think there is a lot of ignorance around mental health.

Yeah there's a chance people won't trust you anymore (ignorant people looking for an excuse to take you down).  I speak from experience.  Rest assured I came back stronger, left on my own terms and am doing better then any of those people now.

Not being able to control your own mind embarrasses you?  Look at some of the sloppy people that can't control their own body ie weight control and what they stick in their mouth (booze cigarettes etc)

To draw a parallel example............ I won't die or lose because of embarrassment from something like getting a prostate examination.  "Go ahead doc, probe away."

djcarguy

Season Greeting an hope all are doing well. Hope some of us car guys are looking forward an planning for the new year?

If you are making car plans,or life plans that may motavate others please post them.

If ,like me winter an holidays are not your best or favorite time of year,hold on new year will bee here soon.

Will be better next year,they say?  who is the they saying stuff like this ??

I have a 18 lbs bird in the oven,so drop on bye. Iam trying to be up beat an have some new movies an snacks.

HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYY   HOLIDAYYYSSSS AN TOO A GOOD NEW YEAR  ?  DJ   :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Another Good old Boy ,early 80es an car guy has passed. he had a great out look an loved many years an makes of cars an old trucks. we went on many rides an searches for cars that interested him or me.Jess was a friend an nayber an will bee missed for alone time. 

Iam in a funk my son  left last night for his new base in Maryland,an news of Jess passing came this morning. Was trying to focus an plan an bee up beat for the new year.At a lose today so iam reaching out here,hoping to find a few post to take my mind off all this for a while.

Its sunny out thinking of going for a drive to get out of house before next snow an freeze hits. 

God bless an keep Jess an his family an friends.   Later DJ  west coast

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

Dino

No dark ideas or other unwanted ideations, but I lost my dad last week very sudden, and I'm torn to itty bitty shreds. The guy was my hero.

I'll be in Belgium for the week and then get my butt back over stateside, hopefully with somewhat of a mindset to start my next PA rotation..

A part of me died with him, I just hope I can keep it together enough to support my family.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BIGBLCK11

Sorry to hear that Dino.  My thoughts and condolences to you and your family.  I can't imagine when that day comes.  You seem to be a strong-willed and determined individual.  I am sure you will find your way through this, for you and your family.

Dino

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on November 21, 2017, 05:43:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Dino.  My thoughts and condolences to you and your family.  I can't imagine when that day comes.  You seem to be a strong-willed and determined individual.  I am sure you will find your way through this, for you and your family.

Thank you. I very much appreciate your kind words.   :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 08, 2016, 09:42:32 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on December 07, 2016, 11:43:41 PM

A lot of people dont have a good support system around them (family/friends, etc) and this may be the only outlet they have to express their frustrations, etc.

I personally wouldnt do it, as im a fairly private person, but I understand why some do. If it somehow helps them deal with their issues, then good for them.

I agree with Ponch... Things are relative to that person posting... There are many things we have in common when people utilize a board like this... So, sometimes there are instances where one possible door of insight can lead to very fulfilling and rewarding outcomes....... Experience is a great teacher and like going to school, students gain from their teachers.. This is just a different sort of classroom and counseling venue. Being pointed in the proper direction is sometimes the hardest part of healing........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BDF

Sorry to hear about your father passing Dino. Hang in there.

birdsandbees

Chin up Dirk ! Lots of memories to look back on I'm sure. Doesn't make the whole ordeal any easier up front, but it sure helps down the road. My parents are gone, kid sister and one of my daughters.. so I have a damn good idea of what's rolling through your head. None of it's easy, but you'll smile and cry.. sometimes at the same time.

Best wishes, Wayne.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Chad L. Magee

Dino - My condolences on you and your family's loss of your father.  I know that it will be hard, but please do not lose sight of what you must concentrate to get your degree.  I lost my father to COPD while I was in the middle of grad school so I can understand what you are going through.  I wish you well in PA school.
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

XH29N0G

Dino,  I just opened this. My heart pours out to you.  Hang in and hold dearly to the good.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Laowho

Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844-1889)

Spring and Fall:

to a Young Child

Margaret, are you grieving
   Over Goldengrove unleaving?
   Leaves, like the things of man, you
   With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
   Ah! as the heart grows older
   It will come to such sights colder
   By and by, nor spare a sigh
   Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
   And yet you will weep and know why.
   Now no matter, child, the name:
   Sorrow's springs are the same.
   Nor mouth had, no nor mind, expressed
   What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
   It is the blight man was born for,
   It is Margaret you mourn for.

ACUDANUT

I feel your pain Sir.   A lot of us think we can keep these rare Mopars forever. We only own them for a very short time..===

Dino

Thanks guys, I'm doing alright and hanging in there. Still on track to graduate, nothing there has changed. Thanks again.   :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Graduate from what ? How old you ?  I wish you success.  :cheers:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 24, 2016, 09:45:26 AM
Season Greeting an hope all are doing well. Hope some of us car guys are looking forward an planning for the new year?

If you are making car plans,or life plans that may motavate others please post them.

If ,like me winter an holidays are not your best or favorite time of year,hold on new year will bee here soon.

Will be better next year,they say?  who is the they saying stuff like this ??

I have a 10 lbs of Bird legs&thighs will bee in the oven,so drop on bye. Iam trying to be up beat an have some new movies an snacks.

HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYY   HOLIDAYYYSSSS AN TOO A GOOD NEW YEAR  ?  DJ   :2thumbs: