News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

:cheers: :2thumbs:  MERRY X-MAS AN TO A GREAT NEW YEAR ,,Hope we all are doing ok an planning for a better new year..     Take care out there an try to treat yourself an fammily to a Happy Holiday . :2thumbs: :cheers:

BDF

ACUDANUT

Been a Shitty Christmas for me.  I had to put down my little buddy (Dog) yesterday.

Bobs69

There is not much I can say that would offer you relief.  The loose of a pet is extremely painful.  What you did was a selfless act.  Rather then prolong your dogs pain, you put his needs above your desire the hold on.

ACUDANUT

Lennard

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.  :'(

Bobs69

It's been a couple years since I lost my last pet, my dog Jake.  I miss him a lot.  Now that I'm back home (gone for work) and getting back to normal I'm trying hard to get back in the habit of "walking my dog."  I benifitted from the exercise and time with him outside, it seems a shame to give that up in his absence.

ACUDANUT

Bob, I feel your loss, and I am sorry. Go to you tube and type in "feed Jake" great song. I believe it was made by the pirates  of the Mississippi.

Fred

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 25, 2017, 02:22:31 PM
Been a Shitty Christmas for me.  I had to put down my little buddy (Dog) yesterday.

Sorry to hear it. So damn hard losing a much loved pet. We lost our boy nearly four years ago and have been without up until now. Have just brought home (yesterday) our new pup. She will be much loved and treasured.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ACUDANUT

I wish I could walk my Dog. However, I live in the country and the closest road to me is a gravel road and is heavily traveled. Not a good road to walk on.
In the Spring we will look for a Puppy.
Cheers to all.

JB400

Bobs69

It was a few weeks ago, but my wife tells me I was talking to Jake in my sleep.  I was calling him to go for a walk.  I've always talked in my sleep, but this.................... I'm not sure, made me happy I think.

Fred

That's wonderful news. Our little pup is 4 months old now. We took her out for her first walk this morning. She loved every minute of it.

p/s  good luck with those needle sharp teeth!!!!!

Don't forget to post some pics in the Pet thread.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

I would love to post pic's, but I always need a friend/sponsor to help post pic's here.

Fred

Oh, that's tough!
You'll just have to look at mine instead.  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Dino

I'm just typing this out as a form of therapy, feel free to ignore!

After taking to several professionals it has become clear that I have been suffering from major depressive disorder most of my life. I always thought it was normal to feel like I did but guess not! I'm doing therapy and tried an SSRI but that didn't go well.

I finally got through PA school which at times was a bit more than a headache, but it's done and I have a sweet job lined up. So I'm good with all that.

Things at home are going poor; I can't tell where my marriage will end up but I'm not super optimistic. That's taking a huge toll on me.

I have lost interest in just about anything and everything. I can't find pleasure in anything I do, which is a bad sign, and I'm not sure how to get out of it.

If you see me posting my car for sale, it'll be because of uncontrolled emotion and sadness, I DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF MY CAR. So please stop me before I do something as stupid as that.

I know what I need to do to get better, or try at least, but I'm not motivated enough to do even that.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

The part about not finding pleasure in things...I get that way sometimes as well. Food doesn't taste as good as I think it should,  life feels routine, movies and TV that I usually enjoy don't hold my interest.
I have had fleeting thoughts of selling the car as well but my conscious brain knows that it is a bullshit thought. Armchair psychiatry here....When I've been feeling "off", my mind sometimes wants a dramatic JOLT to kick start myself into feeling right. I've had momentary desires to do risky and dangerous things as well, skydiving, driving way too fast, climbing huge trees, etc. Again, I've been fortunate to have a good "reality check" to stop me from taking it too far. Maybe that is your safety valve? Imagine how you'd be without it!

JB400

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time Dino.  Do your best to stay positive and don't give up on your marriage.  Everyone has their ruts.

funknut

Sorry to hear you're going through some tough times right now.  Without getting into the details we also struggled with an SSRI that sent things from bad to worse.  On a better path now in the last couple months with no SSRI/SSNI but using Abilify.  Most therapists use it as an adjunct in addition to another medicine, but we have found low-ish doses of Abilify alone have been quite helpful.

Hang in there Dino!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Back N Black

Life can be tough sometimes, I just buried a friend last Monday. He suffered from PTSD and committed suicide and I did not see it coming. Last year I had 18 rounds of chemo and a stem cell transplant. He would come to visit in the hospital and was always upbeat, which kept me going. He would always say "you're tough man, I could never be able to go through what you are going through". But he always had a positive attitude and kept me going right up until last Monday. My advice talk to someone about what you are feeling and get the help you need.