News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm so sorry to hear that Black, that's terrible.

I've been depressed my entire life so I guess I got used to it, but sometimes it's hard to handle. I'm not one to go finish it though, I don't have that in me. Oh, and I'm seeing a therapist.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bobs69

Quote from: Dino on September 02, 2018, 08:21:04 AM
I'm just typing this out as a form of therapy, feel free to ignore!

After taking to several professionals it has become clear that I have been suffering from major depressive disorder most of my life. I always thought it was normal to feel like I did but guess not! I'm doing therapy and tried an SSRI but that didn't go well.

I finally got through PA school which at times was a bit more than a headache, but it's done and I have a sweet job lined up. So I'm good with all that.

Things at home are going poor; I can't tell where my marriage will end up but I'm not super optimistic. That's taking a huge toll on me.

I have lost interest in just about anything and everything. I can't find pleasure in anything I do, which is a bad sign, and I'm not sure how to get out of it.

If you see me posting my car for sale, it'll be because of uncontrolled emotion and sadness, I DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF MY CAR. So please stop me before I do something as stupid as that.

I know what I need to do to get better, or try at least, but I'm not motivated enough to do even that.

I could tell a similar story.  Sweet job making real good money, but it's like you have to be angry to find the strength to get stuff done.  That seems to help focus me.  I don't think it's the way to go.

djcarguy

:2thumbs: hope you,alls are doing ok,out there.    hold on dino most stuff gets better,con grads on schooling an new job. an best to you on marrage stuff.

you alls take GOOD  CARE  out there.   and stay out of trouble,SP                          / :2thumbs: :cheers:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on September 24, 2018, 06:20:47 PM
:2thumbs: hope you,alls are doing ok,out there.     

you alls take GOOD  CARE  out there.   and stay out of trouble,SP                          / :2thumbs: :cheers:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

JB400

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 16, 2012, 07:27:42 AM
SOME GOOD INFO AND REPLYS ON[[[[  DOES ANYONE USE LIGHT THERAPY]]]] THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH WINTER BLUES AND SADDNESS OR LOSS OF MOTIVATION,,WORTH A READ.

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE HOLIDAY,WINTER FUNK .BUT IN MY 2 YRS HERE HAVE POSTED ABOUT BEING DISABLED,BUT NOT DEPRESSION AND MEDS.  WAS FORCED OUT OF WORK 2001 AND COULD NOT GET WORK BECAUSE OF PSHYICAL INJURIES AND OPPERATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. AND IT TOOKS YEARS AND ALMOST MY LIFE TO FINALLY GET A DOC WHO SAW HOW BAD AND CLOSE I WAS TO CHECKING OUT. STILL TOOK LONG TIME AND LAWYER AND SHRINK TO GET DECLARED UNEMPLOYABLE AND GET DISABLITY. SOME TIMES ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS MY 3 KIDS . I HAVE GOOD AND BAD PERIODS LIKE RIDING SOME KILLER ROLLER COASTER.MARRIED TWICE AND 1 LONG TIME LIV IN ALL FELL APART.JOBS AND BOSSES AND COPS ARE NOT TO UNDERSTANDING.  OR WIVES EITHER SOMTIMES.

BUT WITH TIME OF YEAR AND LOSS OF OUR MOPAR BROTHER,I FELT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME AND OTHERS IF WE GOT THIS OUT IN OPEN AND BE A SUPPORT  TO  OTHER MEMBERS..   RIP TO A GREAT GUY,CHARGER STEVE.

MOSTLY ASKING AND ENCOURAGING ALL US SOMETIMES THICK SKULLED ,HE-MAN TO ASK FOR AND EXCEPT SOME HELP AND LIFE CAN GET BETTER AND EVEN OUT THE ROLLER COASTER OF LIFE.   :Twocents: DJ

djcarguy

Well  made it thru turkey day,now have to sleep till new year.Not a great year,but iam planning to see an piss on 2020,haha,,.??

went back an read 1st, 5 pages an last 2,,A Big THANKS !! for all the supportive post you guys,over these years..Think ,know it has helped me an hope others as well.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

have been wondering where so many of our members are an why so many guy are not active or posting car stuff. 1 guys profile I checked last post was 2015 seems like he was here few months ago,but 4 years?what the hello is going on ???

Turkey day at small diner,not a call or invite from 3 kids or any family.now week later no contact with any family.DId go to church sunday  got a few little old lady hugs an chat,,iam 60 now so if I say old you can guess these ladies are 39 for decade,,many decades..  THANKS  DJ  :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Quote from: djcarguy on December 06, 2019, 08:58:38 AM
.DId go to church sunday  got a few little old lady hugs an chat,,iam 60 now so if I say old you can guess these ladies are 39 for decade,,many decades..  THANKS  DJ  :2thumbs:

Does your church have ministries or groups that you can get involved in? It's always a good way to meet good people and do something positive.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ACUDANUT

Getting laid always helps. Too Bad Brothels are illegal.

Kern Dog

ACUDANUT

I don't know. I am not gay and don't have a rainbow flag as a avatar.  :scratchchin:

XH29N0G

I don't know what is the right thing to write, but I think that recognizing that seasons have an effect on us and when depression occurs is important.  Dealing with it is something else.  I found having someone to talk with like a therapist has helped me.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 09, 2019, 11:59:54 PM
But what if it makes your ass sore?

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 10, 2019, 12:49:17 AM
  I don't know. I am not gay and don't have a rainbow flag as a avatar.  :scratchchin:

Just take KD at his word.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Kern Dog

I like making jokes. I've never had a man in my ass or any other place. I have no interest in men. I like twat more than Chargers. I'm not bullshitting, it is true.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 10, 2019, 11:51:52 PM
I like making jokes. I've never had a man in my ass or any other place. I have no interest in men. I like twat more than Chargers. I'm not bullshitting, it is true.

Thanks for the clarification  :smilielol:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on September 24, 2018, 06:20:47 PM
:2thumbs: hope you,alls are doing ok,out there.    hold on dino most stuff gets better,con grads on schooling an new job. an best to you on marrage stuff.

you alls take GOOD  CARE  out there.   and stay out of trouble,SP                          / :2thumbs: :cheers:

djcarguy

Well  made it thru turkey day,now have to sleep till new year.Not a great year,but iam planning to see an piss on 2020,haha,,.??

went back an read 1st, 5 pages an last 2,,A Big THANKS !! for all the supportive post you guys,over these years..Think ,know it has helped me an hope others as well.. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

have been wondering where so many of our members are an why so many guy are not active or posting car stuff. 1 guys profile I checked last post was 2015 seems like he was here few months ago,but 4 years?what the hello is going on ???

Turkey day at small diner,not a call or invite from 3 kids or any family.now week later no contact with any family.DId go to church sunday  got a few little old lady hugs an chat,,iam 60 now so if I say old you can guess these ladies are 39 for decade,,many decades..  THANKS  DJ  :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 06, 2019, 06:46:52 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on November 16, 2012, 07:27:42 AM
SOME GOOD INFO AND REPLYS ON[[[[  DOES ANYONE USE LIGHT THERAPY]]]] THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH WINTER BLUES AND SADDNESS OR LOSS OF MOTIVATION,,WORTH A READ.

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE HOLIDAY,WINTER FUNK .BUT IN MY 2 YRS HERE HAVE POSTED ABOUT BEING DISABLED,BUT NOT DEPRESSION AND MEDS.  WAS FORCED OUT OF WORK 2001 AND COULD NOT GET WORK BECAUSE OF PSHYICAL INJURIES AND OPPERATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. AND IT TOOKS YEARS AND ALMOST MY LIFE TO FINALLY GET A DOC WHO SAW HOW BAD AND CLOSE I WAS TO CHECKING OUT. STILL TOOK LONG TIME AND LAWYER AND SHRINK TO GET DECLARED UNEMPLOYABLE AND GET DISABLITY. SOME TIMES ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS MY 3 KIDS . I HAVE GOOD AND BAD PERIODS LIKE RIDING SOME KILLER ROLLER COASTER.MARRIED TWICE AND 1 LONG TIME LIV IN ALL FELL APART.JOBS AND BOSSES AND COPS ARE NOT TO UNDERSTANDING.  OR WIVES EITHER SOMTIMES.

BUT WITH TIME OF YEAR AND LOSS OF OUR MOPAR BROTHER,I FELT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME AND OTHERS IF WE GOT THIS OUT IN OPEN AND BE A SUPPORT  TO  OTHER MEMBERS..   RIP TO A GREAT GUY,CHARGER STEVE.

MOSTLY ASKING AND ENCOURAGING ALL US SOMETIMES THICK SKULLED ,HE-MAN TO ASK FOR AND EXCEPT SOME HELP AND LIFE CAN GET BETTER AND EVEN OUT THE ROLLER COASTER OF LIFE.   :Twocents: DJ

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 13, 2019, 10:36:19 PM
Well  made it thru turkey day,now have to sleep till new year.Not a great year,but iam planning to see an piss on 2020,haha,,.??

Turkey day at small diner,not a call or invite from 3 kids or any family.now week later no contact with any family.DId go to church sunday  got a few little old lady hugs an chat,,iam 60 now so if I say old you can guess these ladies are 39 for decade,,many decades..  THANKS  DJ  :2thumbs:

JB400

ACUDANUT

Well, let us get to 2020. WOW, who would ever thought being around this long.  Hope everyone has a better year, than the last.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

djcarguy

wow just over 12hours to 2020,,big bunch of bull,new year,same old shhhhiiiiitttttt,bills,kids that don't give a crap to even call on XAMAS,screw it..

NEW YEAR  will start with,i have 2 sons for sale,HAHA HO  and 10 cars for sale or scrap...................bull,,,happy crappy new same old boring bull???

60 yrs old an feel 90,knee an shoulder are killing me,an depressed and bored,in fog bank rainy old oreegone......but it will bee great next century ?