News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Quote from: Fred on December 11, 2012, 08:38:23 PM
Quote from: Bobs69 on December 11, 2012, 08:28:39 PM
I have a SAD light.  Unfortunately I'm not up early enough to get to use it, Guess I should try again.   I think I'd be better off getting my shop cleaned up and get back out there a weld.  That's ultraviolet light right?  And I do like to weld!  It always put me in a good mood.

This looks like the light I have.  
http://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Medical-19079-Day-Light-Classic/dp/B007W85G0W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1355275602&sr=8-8

I bought it at a medical place that sells wheel chairs and such.  It was years and years ago, and the price I paid may have been at least $30 more then this one.

If welding makes you happy, that's what you should do for sure. I'm always turning out something on my lathe.  Aside from driving my charger, I'm at my happiest when I'm mucking around on something.

Can't you use your light at night or don't you need to?

You can't use the light at night.  They say it will keep you awake, make you irratible.

The light is recommended I think for shift workers.  And since that's me I forget who else.  Other then people who suffer from the winter blues, like me as well.

It is suppose to help reset your "Circadian clock."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_clock

So you can imagine, people who don't see the light in the morning and work indoors.  I think the Inuit have the highest rate of suicide.

Sometimes I would go tanning in the winter, oil yourself up listen to music and pretend you are on a nice beach.

Your internal circadian clock or rythm is thrown off and the light is suppose to help you with it.  You get vitamins from the sun.  D I think.  And the sun prompts your body into producing chemicals and that's about all I can honestly say I know. 

Hey, even Superman got his strength from the sun.

Fred

Thanks for the info Bobs69. That was an interesting read.  I have heard about the high suicide rate of Inuit's (I think that's correctly written) and it's terribly sad.

I don't pretend to know what you're going through, I only know that life sure can be difficult at times, no doubt about it. So you need to do whatever it takes to help improve your situation.
I wish you well.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

djcarguy

Happy holidays and too a better New year. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:  if ya made it this far in to the year,hangin and see what great and wonderful things the new year has too bring??? :2thumbs:

if its not going so good ,call,message or reach out and grab someone and talk and ask for help,please???

here's hopeing for a better year and some sunny days soon,i hope. take care and stay warm and healthy out there in your part of the big old world.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :yesnod: :eyes: :icon_smile_cool: ::) :o :D :D :smilielol: :lol: :icon_smile_wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :coolgleamA:

djcarguy

wellmade it too another year,, i guess any signs it will bee better this new??????   not off ta a gooode start soo far,,got fever and head cold,coff  and wind pipe blocks off .to sick to go to store ,,so son after days got me ,Nite-time cold meds and coff drops ,,so he can sleep,,he said ,haha......................  when on all the meds and vick and can get few hours sleep and then wake with coff  fit and cant breathe,ribs hurt and temp is spiking again. had bout same crap at thanksgiving,,,,,,,,sick of being sick ,i sound like a plugged up fish tank filter.      oh well in 3 ta 6 months we will get a few nice days here in orgon.........................

was looking to suport ending this month and and found 2acers with big shop and apartnent ,but bank says no till kid support is proven over and i sell my house????????

well iam sick an depressed and going to meds up and get some sleep,,,,will all bee better next year????haha  oh this is next year ant it??????????????                                         knew 2013 would suck and sure wood never buy a car with 13 in the year made???????????????? see ya-dj

JB400

Drink some oj, take a hot shower to clear your nose, and you'll be out in no time.  Take it easy, and get to feeling better dj :pity:  Worry about the other stuff another time.  Get some sleep buddy :2thumbs:

1BAD68

Thought I would give a heads up on Mucinex being that it's flu season and the topic here is depression.
Over Christmas, I got hit by the flu and eneded up at the doctor. He prescribed some antibiotic and also gave me Mucinex D 1200 mg due to severe congestion.
After taking the first dose of Mucinex, within a couple hours I could finally breathe.
But the next day I woke up feeling kind of gloomy and just blamed it on the flu/cold symptoms. Went to bed in a foul mood and woke up the following day really bummed out.
Just felt depressed and dark, moody and very irritable. Still thinking it was just the holiday blues along with being sick.
Day 3: Woke up but really didn't want to get out of bed. Felt really gloomy, almost hateful. Knew at that point, somethings not right so I went online and Googled Mucinex D.
Apparently a lot of people have suffered from these same symptoms along with thoughts of suicide, vivid nightmares, severe depression, etc. from taking Mucinex.
Just something to be aware of.

C_stripes

Get well soon DJ, it will get better. I have kind of been sinking again and part of it is I know I am getting sick. The last few days have been a little dark and gloomy out here. I find that green tea makes me feel better, just a thought. To make everything worse, broke up with my kind of girl friend. So that sucks and I am out of my medication and my insurance cards haven't shown up yet. Then I get all pissed off about being pissed off because there are people out there that have real problems and I bitch about that. Depression is a sick circle. On a good note, a friend from Utah is coming up next week and we are going to go check out grave yard carz.

Life will get better man, just keep working for it.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Hey, Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing?

Doing pretty good here, for the most part. Had an awesome week last week and been doing what I can to enjoy myself. Life is a bit gloomy, but good. I just took on a huge project(as if my life wasn't complicated enough) and now have a 67 Coronet R/T that I need to figure out what to do with.

Good news though, Soccer season is upon us and I will finally get to go watch the timbers play. Got to watch them practice a little last week.

Also went downtown to a place called the Montage. Kind of a shady area, but I find everything cool in Portland is, :) and ate frog legs and alligator gumbo. MMMM was it good.

Also, not sure if anyone has Cider bars around them, but Cider is F**KING AWESOME!!!!! MMM and it gets you buzzed pretty quickly.

It was a little cold downtown, but was still a lot of fun walking around and exploring the awesomeness of Portland, OR.

If you watch Portlandia, you will know this sign.

Peace out all, be happy and remember that summer is coming.
~Jeremy

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

472 R/T SE

Jeremy, we gotta hook up some time.  We've talked about getting season tix for the Timbers.

I'm currently sitting at my daughter's soccer practice.  She plays for the Vancouver Timbers, they're part of  the Timbers Alliance with a couple local PDX top clubs.  They're currently rated #1 in the premier level @ U12 in Washington/Oregon.

C_stripes

Ya, for sure. Show season is about to start, so we will have to check a few places out. I would love to see your Charger.

I really want to check out a few Timbers games this year. It should be fun.

Thats great that your daughter is on the #1 team in the area.

twodko

Go Timbers! I was born in Portland.......St.Vincent Hospital, if its still there. I was only there for a year or so before we moved to Calidickedupia. I clearly remember my grandmother taking me to the Rose Garden Park. Is that right? I remember the roses........love them to this day and have always grown them. Weird huh?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

472 R/T SE

Yeah, I think it's called the Rose Garden.
The Portland TrailBlazers stadium is also called that.

I used to take relatives/friends there when they visited.

djcarguy

Well have been depressed and stressed out, trying to end the kid support as kid is 21 now. Knew my family doc was no longer in the same building as it is all closed down.called and got location but appointment gal says hes not seeing new people,he was my doc for over 20 yrs. but as i have not seen him in afew years,iam on a list to see if he will see me??
    told her i need to see doc and get back on antidepressants ,was told if they dont call back in a week ,call them??    and if in really bad shape go to the emergency room?  what 500 ta 1500 for er visit and if answer suiside question honusly maybe get a 72 hour lockup,no thanks. my head doc ,shrink is only in office 1 1/2 days a week an is bout $200 for 20 minutes of his time an hour wait to get in office..an have to wait weeks for app.
     trying to just stay busy with this site and tv shows as a distraction and avoiding all stress . like the phone and door bell or going out in public...      its raining again---------lattter dj

Big Sugar

Dj.  Stay focused bud , stay off the dark roads and find a path that leads you to a brighter place, you know what you need to do bud, find a way to bring yourself up.   

Pm sent

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

71ChallengeHer

DJ,  if you need to chat. PM me. You are not alone here.  Stay strong.   :2thumbs:   

Ram07

Quote from: djcarguy on February 17, 2013, 08:22:58 AM
     Well have been depressed and stressed out, trying to end the kid support as kid is 21 now. Knew my doc was no longer in the same building as it is all closed down.called and got location but appointment gal says hes not seeing new people,he was my doc for over 20 yrs. but as i have not seen him in afew years,iam on a list to see if he will see me??
     told her i need to see doc and get back on antidepressants ,was told if they dont call back in a week ,call them??    and if in really bad shape go to the emergency room?  what 500 ta 1500 for er visit and if answer suiside question honusly maybe get a 72 hour lockup,no thanks. my head doc is only in office 1 1/2 days a week an is bout $200 for 20 minutes of his time an hour wait to get in office..an have to wait weeks for app.
      trying to just stay busy with this site and tv shows as a distraction and avoiding all stress . like the phone and door bell or going out in public...      its raining again---------lattter dj

Thats insane, that kind of money to see a Dr to get some help....wow!!!...No free helplines for you to call, it helps a to talk to a stranger...Keep busy...don't drink....be better soon!

JB400

Sit back and take it easy DJ :cheers:  No sense in worrying.  Get out of the house and go for a drive.  Go to the movies or browse the mall or Home Depot. Find someone to hangout with.  Plenty of things to do besides sitting at home worrying about what bothers you.

Think happy thoughts :cheers: :woohoo: :grouphug:   We're here for you :icon_smile_wink:

JB :2thumbs:              

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

Hey DJ,

Chin up my friend. I've been going through some shit too, but just started some meds this week. I was also worried about going to 72 hour lock down when talking to the Dr. I hated answering some of his questions and even more so, hates some of his answers. But in the long run, I know it will be for the best. It is crazy how much it costs to go to the Dr.s. I wish there was cheaper help.

I may be down there next weekend. If I get down there, lets go have lunch or something.

Be happy man, go listen to some good music and enjoy what you love. My favorite album to listen to when I am down is Green Day Dookie. Not sure why, other than I used to listen to them when I was young and happy and it takes me back. :)

Have a good day and PM me if you need anything.

~JKM

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

thanks jackie an guys for support an ideas.   not sure maybe hooker-stds-itching an burning wood take my mind off life,creative idea skippy?????????

i leave this putor box on too block phone and taped over door bell . put my signS back out front says,,,,,,NO TRESSPASSING        NO SALES              NO POLITICAL JUNK        NO CHURCH INFO OR LEAFLETS..............

HAVE A NICE DAY AND GO AWAY................

FOUND SOME FEW YEAR OLD MEDS IN TRAVEL BAG AN STARTED WITH HALF PILL AS HAVE TO START LOW DOSE AND WORK UP TO EASE THE SIDE AFFECTS AN LET BODY ADJUST.CAN GET MASSIVE HEAD ACKES AND DARK IDEAS.
     WONDERED IN BACK YARD,FEED THE BIRDS AND LAYED ON HOOD OF DART IN THE SUN FOR AWHILE, KINDA CHILLY. WILL BEE 54 IN MAY AND DEALING WITH THIS FOR DECADES IS OLD. WILL WORK ON IT AN HAVE PLAN FOR YEAR 1ST AFTER 13 YRS OF KID SUPPORT,,,ITS MY TURN ME AN MY CARS.  THANKS LATER DJ,,OH SORRY FORGOT CAPS AGAIN   ..LATTTTER   dj

Fred

It's definitely your turn DJ.
Hang on to that thought and make it come true.  :2thumbs:

Please watch out for that old medication. If it's past the use by date I wouldn't advise taking it, you could have an adverse reaction.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

472 R/T SE

You think it's hard to get into your Dr. now, wait until this Obamacare starts up.  We're already a country short on Dr.s' & it's about to get a lot worse.

The Dr. I'd been seeing for years joined a program that instead of only spending 10 minutes per patient & herding them in & out of the office he accepts 400 patients who pay $1600 @ year to see him for up to a half an hour per visit.

Must be working cause he has a waiting list.

djcarguy

for the medicare they take $105 a month if ya use it or not and some high deduc i never reached.$1260 a yr out of disablity checks???  for the base plan ,when the time comes for old age care what ya do if not rich or goverment retiree??

but now Doctor can sell club memberships too ya for $1600 a yr ,that is extorsion or should be illegal..  400 members at 1600 each is       $$$$$$640,000  DOLLARS ayr to them . bet they still pad the bill to insurance too.