News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

STREssed and cant sleep   did get app for next month with doc ,2weeks to get meds and 2ta 4 weeks to work up to a dose that will do any good.so may feel better in 6 weeks or so . i always did better in summer time and car show season..

Dealing with the  death  of my favorite aunt,,Miranda but she was Ruth most all my life an was way nicer to me and my siblins then my mom was.SHE moms sister 1 of 8 ,2 left mom an uncle denny,a car guy too.

SHe was a fun aunt and into cars. she got a brand new 65 mustang with stick shift and took us kids for ride and treats had it repaired and paint afew times . but after 20 years it got totalled out,,so she got a 67 cougar and she cared for and bragged how much better the cougar was than that mustang. she had the cougar like 15 yrs and got a 66dart for yrs then a in like 2005 some new ,,,more dependable dodge shadow? that the paint blew off going down the road.  she would kid she drove too fast an the paint blew off.she also use to go an ride motorbikes with her boy friend . but one day his new engine locked up ,dumped him on burnside in portland and messed him up for life.she never rode again an they broke up. its a shame she had no kids,ruth was fun and always good to me an my kids. will miss her and talken cars,she an granmaw loved riding in my 67 belvedere ragtop.gram said she felt like royalty riding in an being driven around in a classy convertible ,like the rich an famous.sure miss them both and my dad .  aunts life celebration party is few days after my Doc app.no time for meds ta work and few hrs on freeway ta get ta portland.  may go day before an stay at my brothers an ride with him in that traffic with my eyes shut.kinda long,thanks for    no negative reply,,please....lattttter dj aka rusty.aunt called me smilely,RIP AUNTY :D

resq302

sorry to hear about your loss, DJ.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.   :angel:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 16, 2012, 07:27:42 AM
SOME GOOD INFO AND REPLYS ON[[[[  DOES ANYONE USE LIGHT THERAPY]]]] THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH WINTER BLUES AND SADDNESS OR LOSS OF MOTIVATION,,WORTH A READ.

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE HOLIDAY,WINTER FUNK .BUT IN MY 2 YRS HERE HAVE POSTED ABOUT BEING DISABLED,BUT NOT DEPRESSION AND MEDS.  WAS FORCED OUT OF WORK 2001 AND COULD NOT GET WORK BECAUSE OF PSHYICAL INJURIES AND OPPERATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. AND IT TOOKS YEARS AND ALMOST MY LIFE TO FINALLY GET A DOC WHO SAW HOW BAD AND CLOSE I WAS TO CHECKING OUT. STILL TOOK LONG TIME AND LAWYER AND SHRINK TO GET DECLARED UNEMPLOYABLE AND GET DISABLITY. SOME TIMES ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS MY 3 KIDS . I HAVE GOOD AND BAD PERIODS LIKE RIDING SOME KILLER ROLLER COASTER.MARRIED TWICE AND 1 LONG TIME LIV IN ALL FELL APART.JOBS AND BOSSES AND COPS ARE NOT TO UNDERSTANDING.  OR WIVES EITHER SOMTIMES.

BUT WITH TIME OF YEAR AND LOSS OF OUR MOPAR BROTHER,I FELT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME AND OTHERS IF WE GOT THIS OUT IN OPEN AND BE A SUPPORT  TO  OTHER MEMBERS..   RIP TO A GREAT GUY,CHARGER STEVE.

MOSTLY ASKING AND ENCOURAGING ALL US SOMETIMES THICK SKULLED ,HE-MAN TO ASK FOR AND EXCEPT SOME HELP AND LIFE CAN GET BETTER AND EVEN OUT THE ROLLER COASTER OF LIFE.   :Twocents: DJ

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on February 21, 2013, 06:02:08 AM
  STREssed and cant sleep   did get app for next month with doc ,2weeks to get meds and 2ta 4 weeks to work up to a dose that will do any good.so may feel better in 6 weeks or so . i always did better in summer time and car show season..

Dealing with the  death  of my favorite aunt,,Miranda but she was Ruth most all my life an was way nicer to me and my siblins then my mom was.SHE moms sister 1 of 8 ,2 left mom an uncle denny,a car guy too.

SHe was a fun aunt and into cars. she got a brand new 65 mustang with stick shift and took us kids for ride and treats had it repaired and paint afew times . but after 20 years it got totalled out,,so she got a 67 cougar and she cared for and bragged how much better the cougar was than that mustang. she had the cougar like 15 yrs and got a 66dart for yrs then a in like 2005 some new ,,,more dependable dodge shadow? that the paint blew off going down the road.  she would kid she drove too fast an the paint blew off.she also use to go an ride motorbikes with her boy friend . but one day his new engine locked up ,dumped him on burnside in portland and messed him up for life.she never rode again an they broke up. its a shame she had no kids,ruth was fun and always good to me an my kids. will miss her and talken cars,she an granmaw loved riding in my 67 belvedere ragtop.gram said she felt like royalty riding in an being driven around in a classy convertible ,like the rich an famous.sure miss them both and my dad .  aunts life celebration party is few days after my Doc app.no time for meds ta work and few hrs on freeway ta get ta portland.  may go day before an stay at my brothers an ride with him in that traffic with my eyes shut.kinda long,thanks for    no negative reply,,please....lattttter dj aka rusty.aunt called me smilely,RIP AUNTY :D

djcarguy

aunt ruth, i talked to her on phone early dec she was in a great mood an hopeful bout her cancer an treatment. in her mid 70es she had the colon camera ,movie screen test . had colon opperation and they found cancer and had afew cancer treatments an was hopeful an wanting to get home. but enjoying staying an being cared for by my aunt jeanie her sister inlaw an friend of 50 yrs.  i called few days after xmas she sound good but tired and said no dont come up,shes fine just tired come when she is home at her place.

we talked bout kids an family and my cars an summer plans to get my 67 ragtop out this summer . how justin my youngest was turning 21 an support wood end ,she didnt think he could be 21 all ready ,kidded she was not old enough for me too have kids that old . talked over an hour ,bout doing new roof on my house and car plans .how she needs to get better and come down for visit and ride in the convertable wood put some color in her cheeks. she said if all goes good she wood bee down in june for that ride an visit ,on way to moms.
       bout 2 weeks after our talk she passed away ,she knew the cancer had gone too her lungs when we talked but never said aword about it too any of us .only aunt jeanie, an her brother denny knew as she wood not let them tell the bad news at the holidays.   ruth passed mid january ,life party is next week end . family thing is too meet at her house and help clear it so it can be sold.  what ever family does not want will be sold or donated as she had no kids and never married.  if she still had one of her old mopars or fords i wood buy it,but sadly they are long gone now.have asked for old pix with the cars and any car stuff.  take care ,still hangin in,,DJ see doc in few days hopfully get back on anti-depressents,not eating or sleeping  till  i just fad out in front of tv or at this box.lattter dj

JB400

71ChallengeHer

DJ, please try to keep your spirits up . All your friends are here for you .   :2thumbs:  now get off your butt and go get something to eat. It will make you feel better just to move around. Trust me, I know.  :pity:   

djcarguy

saw ,doc got pills tuesday. leave sat for aunts memorial ,if i get car an me lined out. maybe gone few weeks.plan to go up to uncles near tacoma,little town Sumner,wa.   

take care,lattter.dj

JB400

Hey DJ, glad to hear you're getting out and about :woohoo: :vert: :drive:  Sad to hear it's to go to a funeral though :pity: Anyway, it'll do you some good to get out of the house and see family.  You should be able to enjoy it.

Condolences to you and your family about your aunt :angel:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 16, 2012, 07:27:42 AM
SOME GOOD INFO AND REPLYS ON[[[[  DOES ANYONE USE LIGHT THERAPY]]]] THREAD FOR PEOPLE WITH WINTER BLUES AND SADDNESS OR LOSS OF MOTIVATION,,WORTH A READ.

I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE HOLIDAY,WINTER FUNK .BUT IN MY 2 YRS HERE HAVE POSTED ABOUT BEING DISABLED,BUT NOT DEPRESSION AND MEDS.  WAS FORCED OUT OF WORK 2001 AND COULD NOT GET WORK BECAUSE OF PSHYICAL INJURIES AND OPPERATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS. AND IT TOOKS YEARS AND ALMOST MY LIFE TO FINALLY GET A DOC WHO SAW HOW BAD AND CLOSE I WAS TO CHECKING OUT. STILL TOOK LONG TIME AND LAWYER AND SHRINK TO GET DECLARED UNEMPLOYABLE AND GET DISABLITY. SOME TIMES ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME GOING WAS MY 3 KIDS . I HAVE GOOD AND BAD PERIODS LIKE RIDING SOME KILLER ROLLER COASTER.MARRIED TWICE AND 1 LONG TIME LIV IN ALL FELL APART.JOBS AND BOSSES AND COPS ARE NOT TO UNDERSTANDING.  OR WIVES EITHER SOMTIMES.

BUT WITH TIME OF YEAR AND LOSS OF OUR MOPAR BROTHER,I FELT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR ME AND OTHERS IF WE GOT THIS OUT IN OPEN AND BE A SUPPORT  TO  OTHER MEMBERS..   RIP TO A GREAT GUY,CHARGER STEVE.

MOSTLY ASKING AND ENCOURAGING ALL US SOMETIMES THICK SKULLED ,HE-MAN TO ASK FOR AND EXCEPT SOME HELP AND LIFE CAN GET BETTER AND EVEN OUT THE ROLLER COASTER OF LIFE.   :Twocents: DJ

djcarguy

Quote from: Neal_J on November 13, 2012, 01:43:12 PMsup][/sup]

It doesn't matter who you reach out to for help - family, friends, counselors, medical professionals - just ask for help and it will surely come.

May we all find peace.

Neal

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

I'm thinking maybe that could just as easily have the opposite effect.   :scratchchin:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on April 09, 2013, 06:12:54 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM
DEPRESSION, OR WINTER BLUES AND SAD TIME THAT LAST,,, PLEASE ASK DOC AND FAMILY OR FRIENDS FOR HELP.

THIS HAS BEEN ON MY MIND ALOT THIS LAST WEEK . IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN AND SAD,PLEASE REACH OUT.

I HAVE LOST FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BEEN THRU THIS FOR YEARS MYSELF 30 SOME. NOW MEDS LAST 16 YRS.

PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE ,AND IF ANY DARK IDEAS OR MOODS LAST REACH OUT FOR HELP. THE MIND IS THICKY AND WE CAN NOT JUST WILL THINGS BETTER,OR JUST SNAP OUT OF IT.

SO PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP ,AND THINGS CAN GET BETTER.   I  AM VERY CONCERNED LATLY BOUT THIS AND THE TIMES AND STRESSES PEOPLE ARE DEALING WITH,THESE DAYS... OK TO PM ME IF YOU DONT WANT TO REPLY IN OPEN ,ITS OK.LATTTER DAVID J    WE CAN ALL USE A FRIEND OR HAND SOMETIMES : :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Summer is over in Oregon we had few days in 70es an 2 in mid 80es.. now 2 weeks of rain and news says snow in the mountains,like 3 inch rain in the valley this week.

real bad an sad news bout Oaklahoma and my heart goes out too all the family's and kids.

the 19th was my granbaby Joanna's 1st birth day,cant believe its a year all ready. party with bout 30 people at thier house was good.but above my comfort level so i spent it in the garage looking at son in laws new paint 68 chevelle SS and 64  falcon and sitting back yard with few of the guys talking cars and guns. i was last too leave so had some time with my girl and granbaby an son n law.was very good over all an left with a full belly. my birthday is the 26th seven days after Joanna's . have a coupon for free dinner at some mexican place and may get the b-day mini pizza at round table and watch some races sunday.did my mowing an clean up few weeks ago an have been in lots of pain sence,back,ribs and knees.2 weeks of pills and sleep when i can. been on meds for depression few months ,less nervous and stressed ,but kinda feel like a zombee with a head fog mild headache.  well hope for some more summer and hope too get too a few car shows...  take care out there an drive safe.............dj :shruggy: ;)

Big Sugar

Hey Dj.   Hopefully you can get your dosages down enough to where you feel less zombie like , that will help. I can read in your posts that your pushing thru all this and that posative attidude will keep you moving forward, and that is really important, getting stuck not going to help you.
   Find a way to smile my friend, and smile everday !   Whatever it takes.

Take care
Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

charge69

DJ,   The weather this year is kinda crazy but, rest assured, summer is not over yet! Your area will get some nice weather soon enough. I know, especially up where you live, the weather can have a huge influence on a person but, don't let the gloomy weather get you down. Pretty weather will get to you any time now.

Happy to hear you had a nice Birthday visit with your granddaughter. With your birthday coming up, treat yourself to something different for once. Just be sure to get out of the house for a while and be around a few people, even if you are not interacting with them. Sometimes just going somewhere where you are around other people just doing whatever in their daily lives and seeing them without intruding makes me a happier person.

Try cutting back a little on your meds if they make you feel foggy or bad. Doctors tend to overmedicate people in an effort to cure them when there just is not any real way of achieving that. A good freind of mine has known an elderly couple for many years (in their 80's) whom the wife was taking many medications for numerous ailments and had become bedridden and just quit eating. She had become so bad, her husband of 60+ years had reached his limit. He told my friend that she took a lot of medicine and he did not know about any of the side-effects of mixing them but he just couldn't take her being like that any more. She had just become a non-responsive patient in her bed and had quit eating anything. He couldn't get her to even drink an Ensure or likewise nourishment supplement drink!  He took her off all the medications and stated it was just going to have to kill her or cure her as he was at his wits end. Well, a year later, she is up and around and feeling better than she has in years.

I am in no way advocating stopping any of your medications but just trying to convey one incident I personally know happened. I am also a firm believer that Doctors just "throw something up against the wall til something sticks" in most cases. I have seen this and been a "victim" of that type of treatment too many times to disregard it.

Just keep on "keepin' on" and life will get better.  Happy Birthday to you a little early also !!

djcarguy

i gots a danes wing today older one,but was stressed bout the cash ,but it was awesum haveing it in the front of my driver.cant wait to put it on the dart.allready planning what i can sell  to order a nose cone.   have had 4 great weekends in a row,waiting for the crash. but the sun is shining and I    GOTTS ME A DAYTONA WING,NEVER DRILLED OR MOUNTED  OR PRIMED OR PAINTED... WILL drill an mount then deside on finish???

lattter dj,,allso on sugar hi with very little sleep,,,,,,,,time ta zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz     :smilielol: :drool5: :coolgleamA:

JB400

Congrats on acquiring a wing for the Dartona :2thumbs:  Get that baby mounted and post some pix :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Cooter

DJ, hang in there bro. Going through it right now. Stressed ain't the word for it. Been up, quit smoking for about 5 years, and smoked my first again tonight. Might be losing the job this week, Found out my POS house is "Settling" and the roof needed a patch which I did, but didn't really want to. Wind blew my privacy fence over, had to repair that Sat. Then, Cruise night was cancelled due to "mushy" parking lot. I know, brother, I know.

Then, to top it all off, Some mother's will be the perverbial "Sweet little ol lady" right up until they pass. Well, I woulda never thought I had drawn the other.
My daughter goes up to see momma every Sunday. Well, this past Sunday, she decides she's gonna give my daughter what-for. Out of the blue. Course, I gotta hear bout it second and third hand.

Life does have a way of sucking pretty hard sometimes, but I've learned only the strong survive. You gotta be strong bro.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bobs69

You guys are not alone on this.  I know that doesn't help, or mean much.  I've gone down hill too, have been fighting it pretty hard, so I think.

tsmithae

DJ, great for you for starting this thread and I hope you know that you have all of our support here.  :pity:

Bob, feel free to spill if you feel the need. I'm going to...

About 7 years back I had a work accident that resulted in a blown meniscus and I went from biking 10-20 miles a day to crutching/wheeling around for ovep 2 years. I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and about 2 years worth of physical therapy. Needless to say I wasn't able to socialize much and slowly visits from friends came fewer and further between as they got sick of me beiny cranky/depressed/drugged out of my mind. All of this led me into a pretty dsrk depression that lasted for about 3 years and right at the end of that 3 years my favorite uncle (he's the one that is the got me into classic cars) passed away suddenly leaving me with a huge hole and a lot of questions... to top that off, the girl I was seeing at the time was on suicide watch and refused to even see me when my uncle passed.

Long story short, I have almost full use of my knee and I can bike/run again (most days) but I still can't shake the depression. I'll go weeks and be just fine and then for some reason (usually knee issues flaring up randomly) I fall back into a slump,  lose all motivation, get antisocial, and despressed. I'm currently going through one of those now and finding true friends thay will listen in short supply.

I don't know exactly what I expect here but I need to put my thoughts out there and get them out of my head...
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

JB400

Thanks for sharing. :cheers:  Everyone is here to help everyone else out, no matter what the issue is. :2thumbs:

tsmithae

Thanks Stroker, feels good to know that we can all set aside differences to help each other when we need it. 
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0