News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looks like the West Coast Customs Charger may be for sale soon...cheap

Started by Ponch ®, November 13, 2012, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

This one?

'CSI' Star Gary Dourdan
Files For Bankruptcy

QuoteOn this episode of "TMZ: Bankruptcy Scene Investigators" ... former "CSI" star Gary Dourdan throws in the towel and files for Chapter 11.

The troubled actor filed papers on August 30th -- and according to the docs, has a little over $1.8 mil in assets ... but is in the hole to his creditors to the tune of $1.73 mil.

A large chunk of that debt -- $1,689,704 million -- is owed to various banks, including Union Bank, which apparently holds the mortgage on his home that may be in default.

As for his assets -- $200 cash, $3k in a bank account, $4k in furniture, $200 worth of books, $1,500 in clothes, $500 in watches ... oh and a 2006 Dodge Charger worth $7,000.

Here's the kicker ... Gary says his disposable income is only $321 a month ... claiming his bills ($14,562 a month) eat up just about all of the $14,883 he pulls in on average.

The good news ... the actor says he "anticipates major acting roles" in the future ... which can help pay off his debt.

The end.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/10/csi-gary-dourdan-bankruptcy/#ixzz2C8DCCew9
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Mopar Nut

That's what happens when you get caught with Cocaine, he should have bought the Coca Cola Charger.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

JB400

It was nuts to chop up such a great looking car, when all they had to do was transplant the hemi into the older charger.  Oh well, at least it does look nice, minus the wheels.

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 13, 2012, 04:24:39 PM
It was nuts to chop up such a great looking car, when all they had to do was transplant the hemi into the older charger.  Oh well, at least it does look nice, minus the wheels.

Why is it nuts? You basically get the suspension, electronics, etc from a new car but with the look of a 68 Charger.  I could see your point if it was a rare car or a numbers matching something, but as far as I know, it wasnt.

That being said, the execution wasn't all that great. The bodywork looks out of proportion and I don't like what they did with the paint, wheels and customized interior.

There was/is a member here who did the same thing (68 body on a 07 SRT Magnum chassis), but his looked much better because he actually modified the 68 body to line up better with the LX chassis (moved the wheel wells, etc) and everything looked proportionate.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg845978.html#msg845978

bull

It's amazing to me that someone making $14,883 a month would have to file bankruptcy.

JB400

I'm one that likes bolt on mods.  It'd be kind of hard to put that car back to stock.  You'd have to really enjoy the lx platform.  Using the original chassis gives the next owner a choice in what they like out of their car.  With this car, it's pretty much set in stone, unless they want to salvage one from a donor or amd.

Mike DC

QuoteI'm one that likes bolt on mods.  It'd be kind of hard to put that car back to stock.  You'd have to really enjoy the lx platform.  Using the original chassis gives the next owner a choice in what they like out of their car.  With this car, it's pretty much set in stone, unless they want to salvage one from a donor or amd.

The next owner of that '68 might have been buying an entire replacement undercarriage from AMD regardless of whether this owner converted it to a modern platform or not.  There's plenty of rusty shells out there for these projects. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2012, 02:15:51 AM
It's amazing to me that someone making $14,883 a month would have to file bankruptcy.

it is, but then again back when I was high school kid making $7/hour, I couldn't fathom how people making $3K a month could go broke.

In the immortal words of the immortal Biggie Smalls: Mo' Money Mo' Problems

Mike DC

$14,000/month is not much in some circles.  

There are other cultures were $140/month is plenty.  

It's all relative.  

Fred

The thing is, they start living the lifestyle and end up spending it faster than they can make it.
Those kind of lifestyles cost big bucks.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

moparstuart

they showed warricks grave and his family on CSI last night maybe he will get a check   ;D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

However much or however little you make, live within your means.  It's very simple yet many do not grasp that concept.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Fred

Exactly, you can get by very well if you live within your means. But I guess with them it's all about keeping up with the Jones's or maybe even surpassing them and they seem to think there's no tomorrow but there is and it can leave you sleeping on a park bench.

Dino

I understand people like actors that have struggled for years, waiting tables and hoping for that big break.  when it comes and the money rolls in, I'd go a bit nuts as well but somehow these folks forgot about the backup plan, the buffer and the nest egg. 

I'd feel bad for him if he hadn't beat his wife or gf or whoever she was.  Now he's just a punk and he can go fudge himself for all I care.

mauve66

Quote from: Dino on November 15, 2012, 12:39:44 PM
However much or however little you make, live within your means.  It's very simple yet many do not grasp that concept.

no if only the politicians could do that, oh wait, they have their own healthcare and retirement, oh wait, this is the wrong forum
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Dino

Quote from: mauve66 on November 16, 2012, 02:16:28 PM

no if only the politicians could do that, oh wait, they have their own healthcare and retirement, oh wait, this is the wrong forum

I think that's the one political issue we can all agree on.  Governments do not live within their means, never have and never will.

mauve66

i see he had 1.8 mil in assets and only owed 1.73 mil, so how do you qualify for bankruptcy with math like that???  i had to sell stuff to pay my creditors
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Quote from: Dino on November 16, 2012, 02:21:55 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on November 16, 2012, 02:16:28 PM

I think that's the one political issue we can all agree on.  Governments do not live within their means, never have and never will.

But they sure as hell expect us to!

mauve66

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 16, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on November 16, 2012, 02:37:41 PM
i had to sell stuff to pay my creditors
He did too, that's what got him into trouble.

not THAT stuff, you gotta know your customer base better to stay in business................ :smilielol:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 14, 2012, 01:19:50 AM
The bodywork looks out of proportion and I don't like what they did with the paint, wheels and customized interior.

There was/is a member here who did the same thing (68 body on a 07 SRT Magnum chassis), but his looked much better because he actually modified the 68 body to line up better with the LX chassis (moved the wheel wells, etc) and everything looked proportionate.
You mean how the front wheel arch touches the rim but the rear looks much lower? from what i recall of the episode, they just dumped the body onto the chassis and welded it up (but much of it wasn't shown for some reason).