News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No, not Santa on the roof... It's the General Lee Junker!!!

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 23, 2012, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

mine broke something when it hit the ground.. it immediately darted right and hit the guardrail doing the major right fender damage. The other car actually landed right and slammed into the concrete center barricade on the left side of the highway. That car belonged to the guy in Kansas i believe it was. He sent 2 cars down for them to use, one got freeway jumped, the other general see sat in the back of their lot and never had a finger laid on it. I watched both of those freeway jumps they were pretty awesome to watch in person. They shut down the interstate in downtown BAton rouge and cable pulled the cars with hydraulics. It was nuts.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

It is the same car then.  At some point after you it ended up in the Whitworth collection being shown at the Peterson Museum in LA.  From there it came to Canada and was to become a billboard north of Toronto last I heard.

69charger2002

thats pretty wild. I sold it to Volo auto museum who quickly made a huge profit and sold it to a collector out west wanting to show it in a museum, has to be the one in LA you're talking about .. I did read in hot rod magazine where a collection of cars were at auction, this one was included... It sold for less than i originally sold it for that time around. I did see a youtube video of this car not long ago. A group of people played a joke on the buyer i guess, and when he drives up the general lee is sitting on it's roof and everyone laughs as he walks around it.. Same car.. Is that the guy that now has it in Canada? Amazing what all a car can do and where it can go in 7 years.

Ghoste

The video you saw was from where I work.  Convoluted story but basically it went from LA to here where it was stored briefly for a dealer who sent it on to another auction in Toronto and was sold there to the party with which I last saw it.

69charger2002

any idea how much it sold for the last time it changed hands? just curious.  Money wise that car has been on an extreme roler coaster ride

Ghoste

01maxblack01

I ended up with this Charger. Just saw this post and was interested in any info on the car.
Thanks

lukedukem

Quote from: 01maxblack01 on September 27, 2017, 08:01:56 PM
I ended up with this Charger. Just saw this post and was interested in any info on the car.
Thanks

69charger2002 is your best bet. He's still active

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC