News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Closeout Panel question

Started by wingcar, December 11, 2012, 11:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

I have a question for the group: 
I know someone who is in the planning/part buying stage of building a Daytona clone and will be using a fiberglass reproduction rear window plug.  He wanted to know whether or not he still needs to buy a "closeout" panel.  I told him that he would only need a closeout panel if he is using a Chevy Vega plug, but it was not needed with a Daytona style plug.  Am I correct, or am I giving him bad information?   Just don't want to lead him down the wrong path........
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

BigBlockSam

QuoteI told him that he would only need a closeout panel if he is using a Chevy Vega plug, but it was not needed with a Daytona style plug.  Am I correct, or am I giving him bad information?   Just don't want to lead him down the wrong path........

:yesnod: yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

he will still need the panel to modify and shorten the deck lid .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcar

So The "closeout' panel is used to modify the front of the deck lid only......is that correct?  I ask because he is talking about buying the piece that goes on the front of the deck lid from a vendor.....Is this considered the "Closeout panel?
I have an NOS deck Lid and so I have never seen a Modified deck lid......thanks again.  (Just trying to keep him on track)

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcar on December 11, 2012, 03:31:31 PM
So The "closeout' panel is used to modify the front of the deck lid only......is that correct?  I ask because he is talking about buying the piece that goes on the front of the deck lid from a vendor.....Is this considered the "Closeout panel?
I have an NOS deck Lid and so I have never seen a Modified deck lid......thanks again.  (Just trying to keep him on track)
He wont need a third gen dutchman to make the trunk lip , but he will need the panel close out panel to modify the deck lid if he is using a standard charger lid .  Gean Gregory make a nice steel one .    
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

QuoteGean Gregory make a nice steel one .

:yesnod: thats what i used . :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

DAY CLONA

He'll need trunk hinges/rails as well, as the closeout panel, what's he planning on for a window?

wingcar

He was talking about using the one janak sells
(I have an NOS rear window that he has tried to talk me into selling, but if I did sell it...I would like to see it go on an original Daytona that needs a window as it's date coded....but that's a whole other story)