News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2013 DSAC / Winged Warriors National Meet - Ann Arbor MI June 11-16th

Started by Aero426, December 04, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on March 15, 2013, 09:57:20 AM
Quote from: pettybird on March 15, 2013, 08:54:51 AM
just as long as you two realize that you're in the same boat, reliabilitywise.

At least you already know the mechanic  :lol:

:2thumbs:
:icon_smile_blackeye:   he acts like his car never breaks
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on March 15, 2013, 10:02:02 AM

At least you already know the mechanic  :lol:

:icon_smile_blackeye:   he acts like his car never breaks

I can actually say that I did help Doug change out the front calipers on "Marty" their Daytona in the Hotel "15 minute registration" parking zone at Indy in 2011! So not only do their cars sometimes need repair but  I turned a wrench on one of them!
That still does not equal the 2007 Litchfield meet where Doug rode as my ride-along pit crew and sprayed ether in my air cleaner whenever I needed to start the car!
:rotz:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on March 15, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 15, 2013, 10:02:02 AM

At least you already know the mechanic  :lol:

:icon_smile_blackeye:   he acts like his car never breaks

I can actually say that I did help Doug change out the front calipers on "Marty" their Daytona in the Hotel "15 minute registration" parking zone at Indy in 2011! So not only do their cars sometimes need repair but  I turned a wrench on one of them!
That still does not equal the 2007 Litchfield meet where Doug rode as my ride-along pit crew and sprayed ether in my air cleaner whenever I needed to start the car!
:rotz:
Oh i know i was there and have photo evidence of the both of you  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

pettybird

held1823

Quote from: pettybird on March 15, 2013, 03:19:47 PM
I deny everything.

on a more positive note, the mr. goodwrench skills draw one's attention away from the thin spot in the 'do.

(i can say that, seeing as mine is damn near all gone)
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on March 15, 2013, 04:19:53 PM
Quote from: pettybird on March 15, 2013, 03:19:47 PM
I deny everything.

on a more positive note, the mr. goodwrench skills draw one's attention away from the thin spot in the 'do.

(i can say that, seeing as mine is damn near all gone)
doug have a few more years to catch up to Scott  :icon_smile_big:  or to me for that matter .

pettybird

Now all I need to do is wrench until a decent looking girl doesn't notice the rest of me  :lol:

held1823

i might try to bring a surprise to ann arbor. she's a beauty, but since i date her mom, i probably should pass.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

chargerman69

Aero426

Update -  Please print out and return the registration form at the link below.  This will get you passes for the Greenfield Village show.

http://www.superbirdclub.com/DetroitRegForm.pdf

Schedule:
National Meet News   - June 11th thru 16th -  Detroit Area
We are about a month away from the big event.    Looks like it will be a very good turnout.   We are expecting 50 cars.  

I am sorry to report that there will not be a tour of the Chrysler or Ford Proving Grounds.   I know that this is a disappointment, but the short answer is that we were turned down.    In a bit of good news, we have been invited to participate at the Roush Automotive Museum open house in nearby Livonia.   This will be a fun and racing oriented event.     The Roush museum is typically not open to the public.  

We have also secured liability insurance specifically for the event.   To cover a portion of that cost, there will be a $20  registration fee.   It will also cover a donation we have agreed to make to a local church providing us trailer parking.  The club treasury will pick up the remaining shortfall of the insurance expense.    

Here is the final event schedule:
Tuesday, June 11th:  Arrival day, register, offsite parking for trucks and trailers.

Wednesday, June 12th:  Lingenfelter Performance tour, lunch locally, rest of afternoon pending and/or relaxation time.

Thursday, June 13th:  Jiffy Mix factory tour in Chelsea in morning.  Lunch locally.    Then we leave for car show and open house at the Roush Performance Museum in Livonia.  The official show hours are 5 to 8 PM, but we need to be there much earlier to set up.   This is one of those deals where it fills up early with locals.   Food and drink will be available on-site.

Friday, June 14th:  Visit Yankee Air Museum,  In addition, they will have their B-25 bomber operational for us.   Rides are discounted to $350, normally $425.  This is pricey, but flying a war bird is a bucket list item.  The flight experience is approximately 30 minutes in the air. Great Father's Day gift.   Do it if you can.    We have four people committed.   They need a total of five to seven people to fly.  We can add an additional group if we fill the first one.   You must pre-register for B25 rides for Friday.  Call Dave Wright at 734-483-4030 x236 to sign up and pay.  It's under Aero & Wing Warriors Car Club.  You can't register day of show unless we have one flight booked already.   Friday afternoon, we leave for Ypsilanti Depot Town.  We will visit the Hudson Museum, and Fire Engine Museum in Ypsilanti along with a cruise.

Saturday and Sunday, June 15th and 16th:  Greenfield Village Motor Muster.  This is the big event.   You get four tickets, and free admission to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.  Cars can be placed on-site as early as Friday evening if you wish.   Packets will be given out at the show.

Hotel Info: Ann Arbor Holiday Inn Express,  3600 Plymouth Rd.  Ann Arbor, MI.  Call 734-769-9800.  Special rate is $99.00  per night.  Rooms block is under the name (Aero and Wing Warriors).   If you have not made a reservation,  do it now as the rooms will be released on May 11th.

chargerman69

The daytona and the superbirds are my top dream cars too,, but i've never seen a daytona and only one superbird richard petty's street one cause of were i live you don't see one for your whole life here, Man if i could ride along with someone for a few min's it wood be huge for me

pettybird

Quote from: chargerman69 on May 08, 2013, 09:51:50 PM
The daytona and the superbirds are my top dream cars too,, but i've never seen a daytona and only one superbird richard petty's street one cause of were i live you don't see one for your whole life here, Man if i could ride along with someone for a few min's it wood be huge for me

Well, show up. 

chargerman69

70Sbird

Doug (Aero 426),
I'm sending my registraton in this week, but I have a question. I see on the bottom that you are asking for the names of the other people in my car. As of now I'm going solo again this year but I am still trying to recruit a couple of copilots. If I dont have names yet should i just leave it blank, or are the names just for the nametags and have nothing to do with the ticket counts for Saturday/Sunday?
Thanks.
Scott

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Quote from: 70Sbird on May 13, 2013, 12:34:55 PM
Doug (Aero 426),
I'm sending my registraton in this week, but I have a question. I see on the bottom that you are asking for the names of the other people in my car. As of now I'm going solo again this year but I am still trying to recruit a couple of copilots. If I dont have names yet should i just leave it blank, or are the names just for the nametags and have nothing to do with the ticket counts for Saturday/Sunday?
Thanks.
Scott

Hi Scott, the name request was more for making up name tags than anything else.   You will still get 4 tickets. 

Kismgby

Sadly I think I'll have to pass.  Too many buckets and not enough $$$ to fill them all.   :'(  The $4.50/gal isn't helping and new tires on the daily driver ($820) were the icing on the cake.

Too bad...I would have let Chargerman69 drive...It's much more fun than riding shotgun.   :2thumbs:  ...and I wear nicer cologne than PettyBird   ;D

Well, if I get an influx of cash in time....there may still be hope!

Aero426

Info on the Thursday afternoon show at the Roush Museum in Livonia.    We should be arriving in the early afternoon, about 1 PM.   

The Roush Automotive Collection is pleased to announce the second Open House event scheduled for the 2013 summer season to be held on Thursday, June 13th from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Activities planned for the Open House event include a Roush Fenway autograph session, car cruise-in, RPP tours, drag race simulator, door prize drawings, and an engine build competition.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race car driver Carl Edwards and Nationwide Series drivers Chris Buescher, Travis Pastrana, Trevor Bayne and team owner Jack Roush will be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs from 5:30 pm until 7:00 pm. Autograph session times and appearances may be subject to change. Please call Event Hotline for details at 734-779-7276.

Autograph session line procedures: There will be three lines. Jack Roush will be in Line 1 that requires a wristband. Carl Edwards and Trevor Bayne will be in Line 2 that requires a wristband. Chris Buescher & Travis Pastrana will be in Line 3 that requires a wristband. Choose 1 of the driver lines to receive a wristband for. Limit 1 item per driver. Limit 1 item for Jack Roush. Wristbands will be passed out beginning at 4:30 pm to those in line. 150 wristbands will be passed out for Line 1, 200 for Line 2 and 200 for line 3 (550 wristbands total). You MUST have a wristband to receive signatures however wristbands do not guarantee signatures. There is no cost for the wristbands or the autograph session. Line procedures may be subject to change. This event is free and open to the public. No Pre-registration required for the open house, cruise-in, engine build or autograph session.

Sign up to tour the ROUSH Performance Facility which is separate from the ROUSH Collection Museum. Shuttles leave from the ROUSH Collection to transport guests to the ROUSH Performance Facility where they can see firsthand what goes into producing a ROUSH Mustang. Tours will be held at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. Tours typically are 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes in length. Limited seating is available; to ensure your place on the shuttle please Pre-Register by calling 734-779-7290.

The Roush Automotive Collection Retail Store & Museum will be open from 9:30 am – 8:00 pm for your shopping needs and for free self-led tours. Come early & get what you need for the autograph session or to walk around the museum. A selection of authentic race car parts are available for purchase. Treasure hunters will find race car body panels from the NASCAR ROUSH Fenway teams and race driven tires. Race driven tires are only twenty dollars each and are great to get autographed! A drag race simulator will also be available to test your reaction time. See if you have what it takes to be a drag racer.

A series of door prize drawings are held throughout the evening. Drawings will be held at 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm. Door prize give-aways include a pair of MIS Grandstand seat tickets for the Quicken Loans 400 on June 16th 2013. Additional door prize give-aways include a variety of ROUSH Fenway memorabilia. Contestants must be present to win. One entry per person per night. Multiple entries in door prize drawing will lead to disqualification for all prizes.

Two teams from the ROUSH Engine Build Department will compete side-by-side to see who can execute a complete engine build-up, including a live test run, in the quickest time. With all this fun you'll be sure to work up an appetite, Cottage Inn will be on site selling pizza from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm and will be back for the dinner rush at 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm. A local vender will be selling soda and water.

Designated parking will be available around the Roush Automotive Collection and is free. The Roush Automotive Collection is located at 11851 Market St. Livonia, MI 48150. Market street is north of Plymouth Rd. between Newburgh and Levan Rd.

Aero426

By the entries coming in, a few members are planning on bringing modern cars to the meet.   That is fine, but I need to let everyone know that the Motor Muster show at Greenfield Village has a 1976 cut off for entries.    The modern cars won't be allowed into the show grounds.   

chargerman69

Mopurr

So is anyone going to be going across I-70 and then north?

hemi68charger

Man, looks like you guys and gals are going to have a TON of fun................ Say "hiya" to everyone I know and  :nana: to those I don't.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

70Sbird

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 06, 2013, 10:32:26 PM
Planning any parties in the hotel parking lot?   :cheers:

Anytime there is more than one wing car in a parking lot it's a party!
If my car makes it there, it will be in the parking lot and I'll be in the mood to celebrate for sure!
:cheers:

Scott Faulkner

4cruzin

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 07, 2013, 08:13:31 AM
Quote from: 4cruzin on June 06, 2013, 10:32:26 PM
Planning any parties in the hotel parking lot?   :cheers:

Anytime there is more than one wing car in a parking lot it's a party!
If my car makes it there, it will be in the parking lot and I'll be in the mood to celebrate for sure!
:cheers:

I live within an hour and would like to come out and hang with the wing cars and the owners . . . just wondering what day everyone will be hanging out?  Or a dinner get together?? 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .