News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2013 DSAC / Winged Warriors National Meet - Ann Arbor MI June 11-16th

Started by Aero426, December 04, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70EK2Bird

Well I hoped to have my car done by now, but ran into an issue with the input shaft after we had put everything back in the car.  Ordered a new shaft and now we will need to get that installed then get everything back in the car.  

Still need to get it aligned since we changed all the suspension parts while we had everything else out.

Will be spending next weekend getting the trans back in and then finding out what else is not right  :P

Will be done by Monster Mopar so it will be there.

Have fun, look forward to Talladega next year

1970Moparmann

Pat, one things leads into another......... 

Are you not planning on Mopar Nationals now?  Your going to Indy instead?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70EK2Bird

Will be at the Nats and Indy.

Just taking more time than we thought to get everything going, but it should be all worth it when done.  Fresh 440, new bearing in the trans, new clutch and all new suspension stuff up front.  Should be a turn the key and go from now on :)

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 07, 2013, 08:13:31 AM
Quote from: 4cruzin on June 06, 2013, 10:32:26 PM
Planning any parties in the hotel parking lot?   :cheers:

Anytime there is more than one wing car in a parking lot it's a party!
If my car makes it there, it will be in the parking lot and I'll be in the mood to celebrate for sure!
:cheers:
will it have a brand new hemi under the hood   :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 07, 2013, 09:58:54 AM
Planning any parties in the hotel parking lot?   :cheers:

If my car makes it there, it will be in the parking lot and I'll be in the mood to celebrate for sure!
will in have a brand new hemi under the hood   :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Maybe a brand new 392 Hemi...... :D

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 07, 2013, 09:17:28 AM
Planning any parties in the hotel parking lot?   :cheers:

I live within an hour and would like to come out and hang with the wing cars and the owners . . . just wondering what day everyone will be hanging out?  Or a dinner get together?? 

If the weather's nice, there is always a group in the parking lot--Scott wasn't kidding.  There's a club room that's a popular hangout, too.  As for dinner, we usually eat in packs.  Stop by around dinnertime and latch on to one. 

70Sbird

Looks like I'll be flying solo again this year so drop by If you see a blue Superbird from Illinois and a balding guy hanging around it!
There will be a few empty seats in the car and a full cooler in the trunk! I look forward to seeing everyone there. I still have some work to do on the car, but I'm planning on driving to Detroit early Thursday morning and hooking up with the group at Roush.
Doug S, will we have a spot sectioned off at the Roush event for us? I doubt I can get there by 1:00, but I should be there around 3:00 or so

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 10, 2013, 10:46:59 AM
Looks like I'll be flying solo again this year so drop by If you see a blue Superbird from Illinois and a balding guy hanging around it!
There will be a few empty seats in the car and a full cooler in the trunk! I look forward to seeing everyone there. I still have some work to do on the car, but I'm planning on driving to Detroit early Thursday morning and hooking up with the group at Roush.
Doug S, will we have a spot sectioned off at the Roush event for us? I doubt I can get there by 1:00, but I should be there around 3:00 or so
sure wish i could go with you   

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 10, 2013, 11:10:38 AM

anytime......

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 10, 2013, 12:11:46 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 10, 2013, 11:10:38 AM

anytime......
i wish  ,  money and taking the time off are the problem  ,  but it would get me there to pick up a certain package    :icon_smile_big:

Aero426

Scott, they are giving us a set number of spaces.  I am sure there will be people coming and going, so plan on coming over to Roush.    Call me if you want a status update on what's happening.  414-687-2489.

70Sbird

Thanks Doug :2thumbs:
Well, the majority of the external oil leaking seems to be stopped, so now in prep for the trip I Just needed to flush the brakes and fix the exhaust tip suspended by a hose clamp....found a frozen bleeder screw that took some heating cycles to break free, and the other exhaust tip that I though was good, was also loose! so, I lost another evening fabbing up some new hangers and bleeding brakes.....So now the car may not even get washed before I leave....
Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

See you when you get here...the attendance is pretty good already!

Hopefully I had my snafu for the week with a shifter stop bolt doing its job WAY too well and not letting me into R,1 or3...

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 11, 2013, 03:48:00 PM
Well, the majority of the external oil leaking seems to be stopped, so now in prep for the trip I Just needed to flush the brakes and fix the exhaust tip suspended by a hose clamp....found a frozen bleeder screw that took some heating cycles to break free, and the other exhaust tip that I though was good, was also loose! so, I lost another evening fabbing up some new hangers and bleeding brakes.....So now the car may not even get washed before I leave....
so is this hemi that was in the bed of your truck installed in the bird yet

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2013, 06:23:33 AM
:yesnod:

Scott Faulkner

4cruzin

I see that everyone is going to Chelsea on Thursday with lunch locally . . . .

QuoteThursday, June 13th:  Jiffy Mix factory tour in Chelsea in morning.  Lunch locally.    Then we leave for car show and open house at the Roush Performance Museum in Livonia.  The official show hours are 5 to 8 PM, but we need to be there much earlier to set up.   This is one of those deals where it fills up early with locals.   Food and drink will be available on-site.

This is a very quaint little town just off of I-94 and really there is not alot there but the one place that you should eat is the "Common Grill"  . . . good food with average prices.  Probably not the cheapest place in that town but the best food for that area . . . . .

I can try to answer and other questions about the area that anyone has if I can . . . lived here my whole life just about . . .

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on June 12, 2013, 07:46:55 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2013, 06:23:33 AM
:yesnod:
now i have proof 

pettybird

Quote from: pettybird on June 11, 2013, 11:22:58 PM

Hopefully I had my snafu for the week with a shifter stop bolt doing its job WAY too well and not letting me into R,1 or3...

Well...Marty started overheating really badly, and we suspected a bad thermostat.  Off to the parts store for another, and it did nothing different.  Pulled the water pump to check the impeller, which turned out to be fine.  Broke open the original thermostat and now I have flow through the radiator.  The second thermostat was faulty..,awesome.  Thanks to Stan McGuire and Steve Leibenow for the assistance and for the 12 other people standing around form the moral support ;)

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 13, 2013, 06:21:34 AM

Well...Marty started overheating really badly, and we suspected a bad thermostat.  Off to the parts store for another, and it did nothing different.  Pulled the water pump to check the impeller, which turned out to be fine.  Broke open the original thermostat and now I have flow through the radiator.  The second thermostat was faulty..,awesome.  Thanks to Stan McGuire and Steve Leibenow for the assistance and for the 12 other people standing around form the moral support ;)
dammit  wish i would have been there to watch and take pictures of it of course   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Doug do you ever get to a meet without some issues? Jk

Really wish I could be up there instead of working.

6pkrtse

Somehow I have not been in ther aero section in awhile & missed this sticky & did not even know the aero meet was in Mich this year until yesterday when all of the aero/wing cars pulled into the Roush open house in Livonia. Coincidently, I work at Roush & brought my red Charger into work yesterday for the open house/cruise in. It was great to see all of the wing cars & meet alot of people & put names with the faces. Thanks for bringing such awesome machines to our event.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

6pkrtse

I didn't take any personally, sorry. They all look the same just in different colors. There was blue, orange, green, yellows all present.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

chargerman69

what time is everything tomorrow and how can I fine you guys that are going I need no asap

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 13, 2013, 08:15:41 AM
Quote from: pettybird on June 13, 2013, 06:21:34 AM

dammit  wish i would have been there to watch and take pictures of it of course   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Scott has plenty of pictures from today.  Marty seems to have blown a head gasket and it will need to be towed home...first time one of our cars won't make it home under its own power.