News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little rant about For B Bodies Only

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 05, 2012, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

As I put on this forum, I posted info on my buddies car in the For Sale section of the website.  Yesterday, I did the customary "Bump" to get it back to the top and I get a message from a Moderator that you cannot do this unless your a "GOLD MEMBER".  Seriously!!!  WTF!!!!!  Is everything about freaken MONEY!!!

Troy, thank you for going in a direction that you always have with this site.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

AND, they removed the BUMP.  I guess there is no "we"ll let it slide this time".   Pull the freak'in ad and I won't go on the damn site!

I hate how politics gets involved with too many aspects of our lives! :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Old Moparz

It's simple, Troy needs to be in charge of the internet.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RECHRGD

I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......
13.53 @ 105.32

moparstuart

Quote from: RECHRGD on December 05, 2012, 09:56:40 AM
I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I spend alot of time over on www.forbbodiesonly.com   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

resq302

the problem is when it gets to be winter time, we all start to get cabin fever.  some more than others.  and since we cant take our cars out on the road and pound some pavement, we start pounding the keyboard to take out our frustrations.  I would say take the silliness and pointless threads on here for what they are worth and just keep checking out and replying to the posts you feel the need to.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

I'll read posts over there (I'm a member, too). I refuse to post anything in the classifieds anymore due to their asinine rules. You can't modify or delete your classified ads, so they stay there forever. You can only reply to them & mark them as sold. Some readers never see this. Some of the want/for sale ad pages are almost 175 pages long, and that is just the "old" ads section.
I've had people email or pm me about parts that were sold 5 years ago. It gets annoying.
FBBO's reason? It draws traffic to their 'site from Google or other searches.

Despite pm's to mods, they won't change their philosophy.
There was a thread on FBBO about this very topic. I put up a reply that I disagreed about this rule about not being able to modify or delete your posts. Ironically, the mods deleted my post!  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Maybe its a Moparts splinter group.  :lol:  (I'm a member there too but mostly just lurk)

TUFCAT

I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

:iagree: :shortbus:

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on December 05, 2012, 11:49:49 AM
I'll read posts over there (I'm a member, too). I refuse to post anything in the classifieds anymore due to their asinine rules. You can't modify or delete your classified ads, so they stay there forever. You can only reply to them & mark them as sold. Some readers never see this. Some of the want/for sale ad pages are almost 175 pages long, and that is just the "old" ads section.
I've had people email or pm me about parts that were sold 5 years ago. It gets annoying.

There was a thread on FBBO about this very topic. I put up a reply that I disagreed about this rule about not being able to modify or delete your posts. Ironically, the mods deleted my post!  :rofl:

I bet it was me that deleted it   :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bill440rt

Quote from: moparstuart on December 05, 2012, 01:05:03 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 05, 2012, 11:49:49 AM

I bet it was me that deleted it   :nana: :nana: :nana:

Ah-HAH!! It was you, You, YOU!!  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

histoy

I haven't been able to access that site for the last 2 weeks.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

ACUDANUT

why bother with another site,  when your here @DC.COM  This is our home. Love it or leave it. :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  

I agree. The General Lee talk really needs its own section here.

BTW, there's a really cool guy who posts there named Richard Cranium   :smilielol: :lol:

JB400

New to the forum stuff anyway.  Haven't crossed my mind to get onto another one.  Seems like I hit the bullseye the first time with this forum :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 05, 2012, 02:46:30 PM

New to the forum stuff anyway.  Haven't crossed my mind to get onto another one.  Seems like I hit the bullseye the first time with this forum :2thumbs:
:badidea: Stroker I think you need to branch out and see the world!  :D  This is no place to be a post whore when theres plenty of other good sites available. :think: You started in September, and manage to post on nearly every thread, averaging 37 posts a day - that's only 3,300 posts since September 7th.   :blahblah:
Unfortunatelty there's been more threads leading to friction amongst members lately. :pullinghair:  You've posted on every one. Multiple times.  :horse:
You apologized for being involved in some negative threads and took partial blame.  That was cool. :patriot:  But think how much fun you're missing on other Mopar websites out there?  :whistling:  You might also chat with some of your friends from DC.com... :nixon:  WE do manage to hang out on other sites in our sparetime. :ohhthesarcasm:
Just sayin'.  Sorry about the :soapbox: .  Remember I'm not blaming you specifically, or saying you've done anything wrong or obnoxious (well, except that post count thing :D).  I honestly don't think you're a trouble maker. :poke: I think you're a nice young guy needing some help on a 1969 Charger project. :icon_smile_wink:  If so, then you came to the right place.  :yesnod:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 05, 2012, 09:07:57 AM

I don't think many folks here realize what Troy (and his staff of mods) has to put up with and does for this site. But I certainly do appreciate it. I don't know where he finds the time.

I do occasionally branch out but don't really like the format or the holier than thou attitude that the staff of some other sites seem to exude. It's gotten a bit crazy and tiresome here this fall but if history serves many of them get tired and move on. I just wish some folks would spend more time on their judgment rather than their keyboard.  :Twocents:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

chargerboy69

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 05, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 05, 2012, 02:46:30 PM

New to the forum stuff anyway.  Haven't crossed my mind to get onto another one.  Seems like I hit the bullseye the first time with this forum :2thumbs:

:badidea:  Stroker I think you need to branch out and see the world!  :D  This is no place to be a post whore when theres plenty of other good sites available.  :insertsarcasm:  You started in September, and manage to post on nearly every thread, averaging 37 posts a day - that's only 3,300 posts since September 7th.  :think:

I noticed this too,  three months and over 3000 post.  I have been on here since 2005 plus roughly 3 years on the "old" board and still do not have 2500 post.  :-\  I guess some people have more spare time on their hands than others.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69bronzeT5

I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

:iagree: Big part of why I don't post very much here anymore. Constant BS topics that are centered around bickering and fighting. I remember back when the Charger discussion was full of Charger pictures, tech talk and restoration threads. Stuff people ACTUALLY wanted to see. Lately its just been garbage with the odd restoration and other cool stuff thread thrown in. Troy does an amazing job with this site and it's always been my home on the internet but I think some of the idiots that don't have anything positive to contribute need to go.

Tom, well said. I also noticed the insane post count of Stroker...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

Like I said, the bickering and the fighting always seems to go up over the late fall and winter months.  Troy even mentioned this to me one year at Carlisle when I asked if he needed any help with adding moderators that I would be glad to step up.  Lets face it, it gets darker, we can't play with our toys outside as much due to the weather, and we all start getting a little stir crazy, even if it is behind a keyboard.  If you look around, it not just this board.

I can only assume that resto threads are down because the economy is still in the toilet, gas prices are high (even though the price is now down to $3.39/gal for reg at Hess by me) and that people are putting money elsewhere focusing on needs of the family and house vs. a hobby.  I know I haven't spent as much on my charger in the last two years and have cut back a lot on the shows I have attended too.

All things considered, Troy (and the other mods) do a fantastic job on this site keeping everything together and all the unnecessary BS to a minimum.  Being a mod is not an easy job especially with a group like us.   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bull

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 05, 2012, 03:04:28 PM

I don't think many folks here realize what Troy (and his staff of mods) has to put up with and does for this site. But I certainly do appreciate it. I don't know where he finds the time.

I do occasionally branch out but don't really like the format or the holier than thou attitude that the staff of some other sites seem to exude. It's gotten a bit crazy and tiresome here this fall but if history serves many of them get tired and move on. I just wish some folks would spend more time on their judgment rather than their keyboard.  :Twocents:

:iagree:

I rarely frequent other auto or Mopar sites and during the past couple of years I have tried to tone it down a bunch here, and I think I have been successful. One of the reasons I did so was for the sake of those who have to run this site. They are not getting paid to create and police this site so why should we make things difficult for them? Why act like an idiot to the point someone else has to be your mom and slap you upside the head? It's infantile, really. We're adults and I think most of us have the capacity to control ourselves, even during the winter months.

RECHRGD

I totally agree that Troy does an amazing job and I would not want his job for the life of me.  I've been on this forum from the beginning days with Jessie.  There just doesn't seem to be the same energy as in the past.  Yes, there has always been disagreements and conflicts but, in my opinion, they were dealt with with calmer heads than today's group.  Many of the old timers don't come around anymore and I just can't blame that on the season of the year or the economy.  As far as the posts that seem to go on and on and on about nothing between three or four members, I just don't get it.  Maybe that's where the dark season comes in, but I don't remember much of that in the past.  Anyway, I still consider this to be my home forum, I just don't have that many subjects or people that I want to post to anymore.
13.53 @ 105.32

Cooter

Am a member over there as well. Nice site, but the mods/Admins have everybody so scared to even reply to your thread, the site is primarily boring as hell. If I'm not interested in what's being discussed, or it appears to be the same old posts I've seen for the last 4 weeks, I don't go back but to check in.

Everything was better "Way back when". It's that way in all aspects of life. Something changes, be it folks' attitudes toward BS posting, or GL threads, everybody wants it to go back like it was. I mean, how many times can you answer a "What's it worth" thread for flippers testing the water before that too gets boring? Or, how many times can one talk about how the 2nd Gen is better than the 1st gen.? Bout the only time you see something new is when someone posts about their build. Well, I guess there ain't no building going on because of the sh*tty economy. So I guess it's back to BS threads to keep things "Lively"...Only problem there is the fact that the GL is Constantly one of those threads. Politics aren't allowed, so maybe there needs to be more "Chosen" threads that most will agree with be it negative, or positive. That way, at least we are united in a declaration of either agreeing to dislike something, or agreeing to like something.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

I left this board years ago as Doc74 and as much fun as I had here, I feel the fights were worse.  We just got a bunch of them in a short period of time but I feel it's a better place.  That 'political threads will be locked' banner was put there for a reason.

I do miss those days and nights in the chat room, we had a blast in there for the longest time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Khyron

This ^^^

all the rests of the posts are blah blah blah :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.