News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little rant about For B Bodies Only

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 05, 2012, 08:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Quote from: RECHRGD on December 05, 2012, 09:56:40 AM
It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

You can only discuss what color the lower control arms were supposed to be when they left the factory so many times before you end up going in another direction. These cars tend to intimidate some people when they first get into them so they have a lot to learn, but really there are only so many parts and procedures you can discuss before it gets to be the same old stuff.  If we didn't have the less technical subjects to mess around with, we'd all be over on moparts or For B Bodies Only.

edit: Fixed stuff.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TheGhost

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 05, 2012, 04:01:55 PM
I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

:iagree: Big part of why I don't post very much here anymore. Constant BS topics that are centered around bickering and fighting. I remember back when the Charger discussion was full of Charger pictures, tech talk and restoration threads. Stuff people ACTUALLY wanted to see. Lately its just been garbage with the odd restoration and other cool stuff thread thrown in. Troy does an amazing job with this site and it's always been my home on the internet but I think some of the idiots that don't have anything positive to contribute need to go.

Tom, well said. I also noticed the insane post count of Stroker...

You do remember how you were when you first joined, right?  I remember how I was.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1970Moparmann

First off, sorry to stir the pot with this topic.  I'm not real good when I see more and more crap like what I posted in the first place.

Quote from: Tilar on December 05, 2012, 07:46:43 PM
It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

You can only discuss what color the lower control arms were supposed to be when they left the factory before you end off going in another direction. These cars tend to intimidate some people when they first get into them so they have a lot to learn, but really there are only so many parts and procedures you can discuss before it gets to be the same old stuff.  If we didn't have the less technical subjects to mess around with, we'd all be over on moparts or For B Bodies Only.

I have to agree with what was said. :icon_smile_big:

I remember when I got onto this forum to begin with, I can't tell you how many times I heard "Go search for it".  Well, I did just that.  Instead of posting a topic or question that was already discussed, I search and search and searched.  This is why I would even apologize at the beginning of a post saying "Sorry guys I looked and looked until my eyeballs hurt, and couldn't find the answer - please help with.....".  I don't see this happening as much, but let's face it, there is a crap load of information stored up from years of discussion.

I've taken some time off of this site in the past, but now, I really enjoy the site and as time goes on, I get to meet more of you live. :2thumbs:

Troy, and the mods, do an awesome job - THANK YOU. :2thumbs:  If you ever need any help, let me know :2thumbs:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PocketThunder

Quote from: TheGhost on December 05, 2012, 09:43:29 PM
I recently joined over there also.  Seems like a decent site except for the gold member thing.  At least they don't seem to have all the GL nonsense and non-stop silliness that seems to have taken over this forum.  It may be my imagination, but it seems that we're getting less and less technical subjects here now.  I just know I've been spending less time here......

:iagree: Big part of why I don't post very much here anymore. Constant BS topics that are centered around bickering and fighting. I remember back when the Charger discussion was full of Charger pictures, tech talk and restoration threads. Stuff people ACTUALLY wanted to see. Lately its just been garbage with the odd restoration and other cool stuff thread thrown in. Troy does an amazing job with this site and it's always been my home on the internet but I think some of the idiots that don't have anything positive to contribute need to go.

You do remember how you were when you first joined, right?  I remember how I was.

That's what i was gonna say...  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 05, 2012, 10:25:06 PM

That's what i was gonna say...  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big: 
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

I got a little post crazy but no where ever near that bad.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

JB400

MOST  of my posts are on word games.  Outside of that,  I'm on par with the rest of you.  A couple of nights with Fred and when Skip is drunk ( or sober, I don't know which), will bump it up too. :2thumbs:

Cooter

I know on our board, we are OVER JOYED to see a big poster who's enthusiastic about the site. Only here do we see complaints.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Double whammy on me then for liking the GL too!  Anybody want to loan me a Hemi?

Personally, I don't see why I or anybody else should have to answer to thier online activities as long as there is no harm intended :2thumbs:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 05, 2012, 09:56:37 PM
I remember when I got onto this forum to begin with, I can't tell you how many times I heard "Go search for it".  Well, I did just that.  Instead of posting a topic or question that was already discussed, I search and search and searched.  This is why I would even apologize at the beginning of a post saying "Sorry guys I looked and looked until my eyeballs hurt, and couldn't find the answer - please help with.....".  I don't see this happening as much, but let's face it, there is a crap load of information stored up from years of discussion.

I've taken some time off of this site in the past, but now, I really enjoy the site and as time

Sounds like Thread Nazi Brock might have slapped your ears back a couple of times. He went on a rampage for a while, trying to force the whole world to submit to the dc.com search box but when it became clear he was fighting an enemy he could not defeat, he retreated into seclusion for a time and later reemerged a better person.

Mytur Binsdirti

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 05, 2012, 11:49:58 PM
 A couple of nights with Fred and when Skip is drunk ( or sober, I don't know which), will bump it up too. :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:  :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.