News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: r4daytona on April 02, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
Hope you guys liked last night episode.  It was a bit bitter sweet because I'm not the type of guy that can sit around - I need something to keep me occupied and this has for the last 2-1/2 years.  Maybe I'll go back to buying some coins when I get some money- that would help in the process.

I'd like to go back to the shop soon, but need to save my money right now for the shows this summer so there's no money for a ticket right now.  I do have something funnier than the "bombs".

Tommy Lee from Coker Tire.  Can't wait to burn those back ones off.  I still have to make the trim rings have that brushed look but I kind of like the all polished look however, I know that a brushed ring is correct.
Had to DVR it, I'll watch tonight after Pops goes to bed probably.... should be a cool episode seeing your car
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TONY

Quote from: r4daytona on April 02, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
Tony Dagostino - I know you're here Tony.  Thanks for all your help with parts and answering my questions.  You really know your stuff.  i wish i knew what you forgot !

Tom,
it was great working with you, youre very welcome.  i enjoyed seeing the car done, i remember when i was out there it had just recently been completed. when you mentioned that you were going to drive your car, i envied you for that. i told you all mine does is hold up a car cover.

btw, your speedo gear is on its way

im looking forward to seeing it in person at carlisle this july

billssuperbird

nascarxx29

DVR the show lastnight they did a great job.Car looked awesome.Reminded of my daytona another R4 red on white int and stripe car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

r4daytona

Quote from: billssuperbird on April 03, 2014, 10:43:02 AM
How does the jack look in the trunk.  :popcrn:
Looks good, but I haven't drilled the hole for the hold down bracket yet.  I want to get a bumperjack in place first so I get the scissors you modified me in the correst position.  So for now I just place them in the correct spot.  Look good though, thank you

billssuperbird

Just 6T9 CHGR

Tom, the car came out great!   

Watching the episode last night, when the Legendary guys were installing the interior, I noticed they didn't put any vapor barrier behind the door panels?  have they since done this?

Also hopefully you changed out those inner tail light bulbs by now!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 04, 2014, 10:05:05 AM
...Also hopefully you changed out those inner tail light bulbs by now!  ;)

With a 1095.............  Thanks to Chris and his light bulb chart..........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

r4daytona

Yes, bulbs are correct,  No on the vapor barrier.  Not worried about that though because i can put it on later. I'd be ripping it off anyway.  My latches and strikers cleaned up really nice this summer and I wasn't expecting or required replated ones.  Like I've said all along, I did not intend on a concourse resto. nor did I pay for one.  With that said, Mark did WAY more than expected.  Anyways, the car was looking so nice this fall I told them to hold off on the barrier so I could have mine replated.   Probably after summer so thats why I really don't care about the barrier.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats cool.  Just curious as to why they left it off is all.  Those little projects are what I love doing now.  Little bit here & there at your leisure.  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."