News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Hemi Charger 500 in a Tractor Shed...... The End

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, December 07, 2012, 11:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: moparstuart on December 10, 2012, 10:41:01 AM
looks like that right upper stud may still have the safty keeper on it also like its never been off

You want the full size image for full view?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8064/8215684564_f54998fed5_o.jpg

It is HUGE... warning you now.

Ryan

Highbanked Hauler

Does that look like a Dana rear under that car? If it is a 4-spd it should have shouldn't it ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Indygenerallee

QuoteLOL guys like that will never "do anything" with that stuff, they just want to say that they have it. I think we're also entering a HUGE decline in prices. The baby boomers who have both the love for these cars and the cash to play big are declining in numbers. You've got ever shrinking numbers of car enthusiast as the boomers die off and the hippie liberals take over in fast numbers. If you can get 75K for a mint restored hemi superbird in 20 years, I'll kiss your ass.....just my positive Monday morning outlook on our hobby lol
This is exactly right. Such a waste, I knew several guys like this and what they did have they wanted a fortune for. To have all those old Hemi's sitting outside such a waste, all locked up.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemigeno

Quote from: tan top on December 09, 2012, 06:12:56 PM

see that C500 has red painted rear drum , by the looks of it  

The interesting thing about this detail is that if those are the original drums, the car could be a really early C500 which was coded for the W23 "recall" wheels.  Hemicars came with 15" wheels, and steelies (the only other OEM wheel option for a Hemi) would not have received the red paint treatment on the drums except by accident.  Recall wheels had slots in them which made the drum visible, so they got the red paint treatment too - during the brief period they were being installed, that is.

:Twocents:

charger_fan_4ever

If he sold off everything he would probably have enough to get 1 car done and on the road. Seems some would rather 10 cars in parts all torn up than 1 completed car.

tan top

Quote from: hemigeno on December 10, 2012, 01:19:47 PM

The interesting thing about this detail is that if those are the original drums, the car could be a really early C500 which was coded for the W23 "recall" wheels.  Hemicars came with 15" wheels, and steelies (the only other OEM wheel option for a Hemi) would not have received the red paint treatment on the drums except by accident.  Recall wheels had slots in them which made the drum visible, so they got the red paint treatment too - during the brief period they were being installed, that is.

:o
forgot all about that , being a Hemi & steel wheel deal ,  &  recall wheels had see through slots  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

Quote from: F8-4life on December 08, 2012, 12:20:41 PM
Great find! Is hot rod worth a subscription? Honestly Id probably be into the barn finds mostly but if they got other good stuff thats even better

Overall, I like what Hot Rod is doing.  I enjoy reading it even as a general interest magazine.   You can buy a subscription for $8.    That's right, eight dollars for a year.    It's hard not to get your moneys worth.   

https://www.circsource.com/store/multititleoffer.html?offerId=226

TheAutoArchaeologist

It is a Dana, I'm sure of that.

So much more to come.  I shot this yesterday...

Ryan

Patronus

OOooo, Im pretty sure that is a 3-0 x 6-8 screen door, some track lighting or blinds, AND some leftover S4S pine boards! Someone has some real valuable home improvement stuff laying around.  :D
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

472 R/T SE

I got in on some kind of previous subscriber deal with Hot Rod.  It was like $20 for 3 years or something. 

Ryan, did you at least mention to the Hemi 500 owner that you'd help him get the bottom of the car out of the mud in a nice way?

I see many, many years ago a previous owner of the 500 painted the rear end & fuel tank orange.  What were kids' thinking back then?   ::)   :ohhthesarcasm:

TheAutoArchaeologist

I was at one point asking for him to adopt me.  But that didn't go over real well.

I gotta talk to him tomorrow, I'll throw that past him, maybe get it out of the mud... into my garage or something.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Patronus on December 11, 2012, 12:27:21 AM
OOooo, Im pretty sure that is a 3-0 x 6-8 screen door, some track lighting or blinds, AND some leftover S4S pine boards! Someone has some real valuable home improvement stuff laying around.  :D

That riding mower is pretty rare, and what is that donut hanging from the rafters for?   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemigeno on December 10, 2012, 01:19:47 PM

I agree 100%

charger_fan_4ever

TheAutoArchaeologist

The car is a early 500 from what I have been able to work out.

The original engine is gone.  But I think the original transmission is there somewhere he said.

Ryan

JB400

Quote from: C928BRAN on December 12, 2012, 02:14:05 PM
Wheres the HEMI emblems?
Looks like they're removed or broken off.  It does look like the holes are there

charger_fan_4ever

We all know its not for sale going to be fixed one day, BUT if it was for sale what does one "figure" its worth as it sits with no motor ?  :popcrn:

25k,50k more ??

The Rk motors turn key blue hemi C500 was had for 98K.

Hemi anything in project form does not get offered up for sale that often, so i find it hard to gauge.

Would be kool to see the owner sell off everything minus a 426 engine to go in it to fund its resurection.

richRTSE

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on December 12, 2012, 04:12:13 PM
..... what does one "figure" its worth as it sits with no motor ?  :popcrn:

25k,50k more ??

Assuming the #s motor is long gone, I'd pay $25-30k for it as it sits, but I'd really want the fendertag, and the trans if its available....

TheAutoArchaeologist

The emblem holes are there, someone stole the emblems long ago.

The RK car is a long story.  It is currently at The Finer Details being completely redone.

I'd say with the rarity, color combo and a few other things 30ish.

472 R/T SE

Getting it up out of the mud would show him you really care about the ol' girl.

He's got to have some old steel wheels to at least throw on the back & then chock the axle in case they deflate?

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Devil on December 12, 2012, 05:05:14 PM
The RK car is a long story.  It is currently at The Finer Details being completely redone....

HUH?? :o
Who would buy it in that condition for 98K then redo it entirely?? Didn't seem to need it.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: WINGIN IT on December 13, 2012, 09:17:46 AM
Quote from: Devil on December 12, 2012, 05:05:14 PM
The RK car is a long story.  It is currently at The Finer Details being completely redone....

HUH?? :o
Who would buy it in that condition for 98K then redo it entirely?? Didn't seem to need it.

Rk paid 98k for it from the owner. Last time i saw rk list it was 139k. If this after their "touch up" ?

TheAutoArchaeologist

No, right now, as in this minute it is being taken down to bare metal at The Finer Details to be completely redone.

There is a LONG story that involves me at different points in the same story being threatened and thanked by the owner.

Lets just say he is a nice guy, but definitely different.

Ryan

WINGIN IT

So Ryan,  in your opinion did it need to be taken all the way down again?
( you can spare the long story for when you get cornered at a meet in person  :D  )