News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 21, 2017, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: billssuperbird on March 21, 2017, 09:35:44 AM
I like bitchin rides :popcrn: :cheers:

:2thumbs:

What channel, what network?  What day and time?  Can't seem to find it amongst the 500 channels of crap.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 68X426 on March 21, 2017, 05:24:33 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 21, 2017, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: billssuperbird on March 21, 2017, 09:35:44 AM
I like bitchin rides :popcrn: :cheers:

:2thumbs:

What channel, what network?  What day and time?  Can't seem to find it amongst the 500 channels of crap.

Velocity.

Best car show imho. Very talented group of guys!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 20, 2017, 04:58:25 AM
You may be right. I've never seen one up close.

A picture is worth a thousand words...here's Worman showing off his restoration "expertise"

BDF

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

So....
Are the critics so vocal because of the work the shop turns out or because they claim to be the best?
What is the big deal about claiming to be the best? Sure, it is bragging and maybe not good Christian habits but who is he hurting?  I don't hear Worman talk trash about any other car builder. He "name drops" Tony D'Augustino, Scott Smith and Dave Wise without disparaging them in any way.
Maybe he feels that his work is the best OR he has no real legit competition in the general area where he operates? Does anyone know of a better shop in Oregon?
I have seen work from "Restorations by Julius" and while they do look nice, the ones that I saw did not look 100 point perfect from my eyes, admittedly a pair of eyes that are not trained to spot every nuance these cars have.
The plain truth is, the show is entertainment, NOT a documentary. Muhammed Ali claimed to be The Greatest! Pro wrestlers talked trash too. Entertainers do this to entertain.
The show is good for the hobby. It gets some people fired up to work on their cars a bit even if the level of work we do is far below "Gold" standards.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 21, 2017, 10:12:38 PM
So....
Are the critics so vocal because of the work the shop turns out or because they claim to be the best?
What is the big deal about claiming to be the best? Sure, it is bragging and maybe not good Christian habits but who is he hurting?  I don't hear Worman talk trash about any other car builder. He "name drops" Tony D'Augustino, Scott Smith and Dave Wise without disparaging them in any way.
Maybe he feels that his work is the best OR he has no real legit competition in the general area where he operates? Does anyone know of a better shop in Oregon?
I have seen work from "Restorations by Julius" and while they do look nice, the ones that I saw did not look 100 point perfect from my eyes, admittedly a pair of eyes that are not trained to spot every nuance these cars have.
The plain truth is, the show is entertainment, NOT a documentary. Muhammed Ali claimed to be The Greatest! Pro wrestlers talked trash too. Entertainers do this to entertain.
The show is good for the hobby. It gets some people fired up to work on their cars a bit even if the level of work we do is far below "Gold" standards.

You did see the picture I just posted about 2-3 posts up?....anything that catches your eye?  :scratchchin:

66FBCharger

The show is good for the hobby. It gets some people fired up to work on their cars a bit

I agree with the above.
I figure Mark acting like a fool is for entertainment. I'm curious if he acts like that when there are no cameras on him.
I love seeing Mopars on TV.
And, it does get me fired up to work on my car.

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

41husk

I agree, I think it helps young enthusiast get a look at Mopar.  I wish some of the clowning and the "I am a Mopar god" attitude would go away.  As far as cost, I could never afford a shop to do my cars.  Regardless of good or poor quality work.  I have right at 14k in my restoration and i think it will be about 2k more to finish, but I have had my hands on ever aspect of it.  If I had to pay for every man hour along with parts and pieces I have purchased, it would probably be 80-100k.  I love my car but it is no concourse gold car or a hemi for that matter, but I think I'll keep her :cheers: :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparnation74

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 22, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 21, 2017, 10:12:38 PM
So....

You did see the picture I just posted about 2-3 posts up?....anything that catches your eye?  :scratchchin:
:2thumbs:  Pictures are worth a thousand words.....and there are plenty of pictures around...

When it comes to Dave, Will, and Alyssa and the cars/restoration processes the show is great...I do not think anyone will disagree...

It is poor business practices to piss on a competitor or a vendor publicly and there are not many business that will do that.  What happens when that unhappiness occurs they just don't use them anymore or the vendor doe not offer products anymore...

Kern Dog

Yes, the lower control arm, right?  I have read that some were all black while others were dipped in the goldish colored Cosmoline. This is certainly not my area of expertise but the black has a flatter sheen/shine and the Cosmoline is the wrong shade. Did I get it right? I know that they say that they build them just like they were when they rolled out of the factory but I also see what looks like Rhino-Liner type floors in some of the cars.

moparnation74

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 22, 2017, 01:35:32 PM
You did see the picture I just posted about 2-3 posts up?....anything that catches your eye?  :scratchchin:

Yes, the lower control arm, right?  I have read that some were all black while others were dipped in the goldish colored Cosmoline. This is certainly not my area of expertise but the black has a flatter sheen/shine and the Cosmoline is the wrong shade. Did I get it right? I know that they say that they build them just like they were when they rolled out of the factory but I also see what looks like Rhino-Liner type floors in some of the cars.
Nope...

Wrong end has the cosmoline applied.  The finish is painted to mimic natural steel which is not as they rolled either.  Where are the weld burns?  It is more work on that one part and time to make it OE correct.  The cost to do that would be astronomical for customer...Versus blasting, painting, and applying cosmoline.

Wonder if the date codes on the control arm are correct for that car as well....

I have yet to this day after the hundreds of cars to see a lower control that was originally black from the factory.

Most of that seen is from a previous spray bombing those components to look good again...

cdr

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 22, 2017, 02:00:52 PM
You did see the picture I just posted about 2-3 posts up?....anything that catches your eye?  :scratchchin:

Yes, the lower control arm, right?  I have read that some were all black while others were dipped in the goldish colored Cosmoline. This is certainly not my area of expertise but the black has a flatter sheen/shine and the Cosmoline is the wrong shade. Did I get it right? I know that they say that they build them just like they were when they rolled out of the factory but I also see what looks like Rhino-Liner type floors in some of the cars.
Nope...

Wrong end has the cosmoline applied.  The finish is painted to mimic natural steel which is not as they rolled either.  Where are the weld burns?  It is more work on that one part and time to make it OE correct.  The cost to do that would be astronomical for customer...Versus blasting, painting, and applying cosmoline.

Wonder if the date codes on the control arm are correct for that car as well....

I have yet to this day after the hundreds of cars to see a lower control that was originally black from the factory.

Most of that seen is from a previous spray bombing those components to look good again...

Mine are painted :) --------- black
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

moparnation74

Quote from: cdr on March 22, 2017, 02:52:44 PM

Nope...

Charlie

I am referring to what the factory did originally back in the day these were built.  This topic has been debated through the years and it has always been proven they were never black originally....

Personally, I wish the factory painted everything on these cars originally it sure would make life a lot easier when building a correct car.  I also think they look better in black anyhow....

What most do not know is there was not many parts on these cars sprayed almost all were dipped.  The dipping process kept up with demand, saved time, and cost. Could you imagine trying to put on a LCA that was dipped and then make adjustments etc....?  Or even get the torsion bars in?

Kern Dog

I read that the dipping process saved money because they eliminated the waste associated with overspray.

ACUDANUT

What is the deal here. Mark worm-man has not visited his post in over 5 years.  :popcrn:
IMO he could care a less about any comments we have here. :Twocents:

birdsandbees

Even the "dip" looks like he shoved it in an elephants ass .. way too dark!

Mine I did with the correct Rust Veto and not some spray bomb... and offered before if anyone in Ontario wants they can come by and use my 5 gallon can for a few dollars. Cost me the plus side of $400 for 5 gallons!

Yes I dipped them deep.. it was Monday and the tank was full !!  :lol:

RPM'd the very end.

As I said earlier.. GYC's lost me while watching an episode where they stated that they spray every cars underside with black "magic" !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

cdr

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 22, 2017, 03:06:42 PM
Quote from: cdr on March 22, 2017, 02:52:44 PM

Nope...

Charlie

I am referring to what the factory did originally back in the day these were built.  This topic has been debated through the years and it has always been proven they were never black originally....

Personally, I wish the factory painted everything on these cars originally it sure would make life a lot easier when building a correct car.  I also think they look better in black anyhow....

What most do not know is there was not many parts on these cars sprayed almost all were dipped.  The dipping process kept up with demand, saved time, and cost. Could you imagine trying to put on a LCA that was dipped and then make adjustments etc....?  Or even get the torsion bars in?

10-4

hemi-hampton

Not every customer want's or can afford to pay for OE Gold or 100 point or 1,000 point show car, Sometimes you get what you pay for, & sometimes you get more then you paid for & still not OE Gold. Some people want to drive it & beat it & don't care for Factory paint marks & inspection marks & head bolt marking & some people (customer's) think all that is stupid anyways. LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 22, 2017, 07:51:04 PM
Not every customer want's or can afford to pay for OE Gold or 100 point or 1,000 point show car, Sometimes you get what you pay for, & sometimes you get more then you paid for & still not OE Gold. Some people want to drive it & beat it & don't care for Factory paint marks & inspection marks & head bolt marking & some people (customer's) think all that is stupid anyways. LEON.

Everyone keeps missing the point.  There is nothing wrong with the work gym is doing if that's what the customer wants and is paying for. The problem is that he is claiming that he's doing oe restoration and he just isn't........
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparnation74

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on March 22, 2017, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 22, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

The problem is that he is claiming that he's doing oe restoration and he just isn't........
That is it exactly :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

QuoteWhat is the deal here. Mark worm-man has not visited his post in over 5 years.  popcrn

He's too busy counting more money than all us experts will ever see.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

DAY CLONA

Yes, the lower control arm, right?  I have read that some were all black while others were dipped in the goldish colored Cosmoline. This is certainly not my area of expertise but the black has a flatter sheen/shine and the Cosmoline is the wrong shade. Did I get it right? I know that they say that they build them just like they were when they rolled out of the factory but I also see what looks like Rhino-Liner type floors in some of the cars.

Here's a pic of a "restored" arm that's more acceptable for comparison, but the entire point was missed, point being is you have an individual/group claiming to do OE restorations, an individual/group who at this level being on TV proclaiming their abilities "only a few can do this", having viewers blindly follow or believe some of the hype or drivel that the show produces does a dis-service to those in the hobby that have perfected their trade in true restorations

The mistakes made are amateur at best sometimes, and they shouldn't be, it seems a majority of the work borders on 2nd to 3rd rate body shop skill, and it shouldn't, the original pretense of the show was resurrecting dead Mopars back to life, but it slowly morphed into GYC professing they were the best of the best in Mopar restorations

If you want to put yourself out there as being the best, then do the best

DAY CLONA

How happy is the owner of this 71 RR done by GYC?

again mistakes that amateurs only make

hemi-hampton

"I have seen work from "Restorations by Julius" and while they do look nice, the ones that I saw did not look 100 point perfect from my eyes, admittedly a pair of eyes that are not trained to spot every nuance these cars have"

When I made my comment I was not specifically talking about GYC but more this comment above & any other shop that may not do all cars OE Gold or similar. The guy that bought my Charger had Julius tell him $125k. What if this guy say's my budget is only $50k & I'm looking for a Nice Driver not OE Gold Trailer Queen I can't drive for fear of getting a rock chip or newly painted exhaust manifold discoloring due to the heat. If Julius agrees to do for $50K then it's not going to be OE Gold winner Quality. Then people will nitpik it saying thats crappy work not knowing the circumstances. What episode or where & when did Mark Worman say he does OE Concourse correct work? I missed it. LEON.