News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need rear frame rail dimensions.

Started by Indygenerallee, December 15, 2012, 11:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

I was out working on the 69 today and was looking in my CD 69 B body service manual and I cannot find any actual measurement for the rear frame rails, it had one diagram but I thought I had seen a different one with better measurements somewhere (maybe here) If anyone has one I would really appreciate it if you post it as I am getting ready to install the rear sheetmetal on my Daytona.  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Anybody know where I can find them?  :shruggy:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Thanks Charlie, but that is the same one I have I had searched and remember seeing a different one posted before. Oh well I will use this one although it's not real specific.

matrout76

i have my car on the rotisserie and can take some measurements if that would help.

richRTSE

I did find this plymouth b-body diagram if that helps any...

cdr

44 inch is from the center to center of leaf spring frame section next to the main frame rail------37 1/4 is the main rail outside to outside
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Thanks for the feedback guy's! That is the pic I had seen before Rich! Thanks for posting it!! Thanks for the measurements Charlie!  :2thumbs: