News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help with color lens

Started by billssuperbird, December 28, 2012, 03:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

superbird front turn lens are clear. i seen superbird with yellow. are they for cars out of the us.

oldcarnut

I'm no expert but I think the amber lens would have come from a 71 Fury instead of clear from a 70 so maybe they installed the wrong set for whatever reason.  Here's a 71 lens

pettybird

pettybird

...And Mike at BE/A made a run of them (they're beautiful) and he's nearly out.  Get yours before they're gone--he's told me repeatedly that he won't make another batch.

62 Max

My last N.O.S. original.

Redbird

The 1971 yellow Fury lenses are worth about Zilch. Folks that have them soon realize that, and then they see the 1970 clear Fury lenses sell for more. Soon the light goes on  :icon_smile_wink: and they think maybe if I advertise the 1971 pieces as "Export Only" 1970 lenses maybe someone will take the bait.

Now for day to day driving, why not just use the yellow ones? If you need to put the clear ones on for your Pebble Beach judging OK. For daily driving NOS clear lenses, seems like the more money than sense club to me. Clone, of course use the yellow ones.

Used, somewhat damaged clear lenses can come from every 1970 Fury 1,11, 111, Sport Fury, and Suburban. If it had a 1970 Fury unibody, when it went to the salvage yard, it came with $ 5 clear lenses.

Aero426

The BE/A clear lenses are VERY nice and you do not have to rob a bank to afford them.   

FJ5WING

after buy 2 sets of as nice of used as I could find Mike starting selling his repops and I forced myself to buy a set! :P

I cant wait until I can start installing all these nuggets of NEWness!
wingless now, but still around.

billssuperbird