News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 charger thunder by barris kustoms

Started by chargerman69, January 02, 2013, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

J-440

I gotta be careful to choose the right expression.  Oh yeah I've found it... :puke:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

RCKSTR

GordonGriggs

Ive got the movie that this charger is in on dvd.

JB400

Cooter

It RERALLY looks like a Marlin now. I think it wasa customized Coronet as the rear quarter tells tale. Looks like Buick wheels too.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bakerhillpins

The back end of that car looks heavy.  Not sure if that was the look he was going for.  Not my favorite car either.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

"Bondo Barris" is a Hollywood hack but somehow he got all the high dollar movie work back then.  :shruggy:  Later when he did cars for himself, just about all of them sucked.

The70RT

Front looks like a 67 Olds 88  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wingcar

Just as a little side note regarding the "Thunder Charger"....I remember seeing an ad in Hemmings Motor News over twenty plus years back for the Thunder Charger.  I called at the time and the owner told me that he had welded on a front roof section as the car was sagging so badly that you couldn't open or close the doors.  Barris never added any supports to the bottom of the Charger to make up for the loss of the roof.  But, remember that movie cars were not supposed to last much past the movie's release.  Never saw the car in person since he was back East and I lived in California at the time.  Would love to see the car today...if it survived.   
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Musicman

That's not the orignal paint job either... that was the Hollywood version for the movie.... George was never that subtle.

bobs66440

Musicman

Yes, but it was quite futiristic for the day... Sliding glass roof, ajustable rear spoiler controlled from inside the car, rectangular headlamps etc, and it had a Hemi.

Mikesmoparperformance

It is a cool car :cheers:. What do you guys think off a 66 charger? Cool car or not? :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

TUFCAT

Quote from: wingcar on January 08, 2013, 03:51:21 PM
....I remember seeing an ad in Hemmings Motor News over twenty plus years back for the Thunder Charger.  I called at the time and the owner told me that he had welded on a front roof section as the car was sagging so badly that you couldn't open or close the doors.  Barris never added any supports to the bottom of the Charger to make up for the loss of the roof.  But, remember that movie cars were not supposed to last much past the movie's release.....   

Like I said before...."he was a HACK"!

bobs66440

Quote from: Musicman on January 08, 2013, 04:41:18 PM
Yes, but it was quite futiristic for the day... Sliding glass roof, ajustable rear spoiler controlled from inside the car, rectangular headlamps etc, and it had a Hemi.
I like the hood ornament.  :icon_smile_big:

Musicman

How about the Ridler Award winning Electro Charger?

Ghoste

I'd like to know what happened to that one too.  :yesnod:

bobs66440

greenpigs

X2

I think it is the wheel\tire setup that make it look as good as what it does.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 09, 2013, 12:24:55 PM
I'd like to know what happened to that one too.  :yesnod:

you know some guy has it in his backyard and once the movie gets popular he will sell it for 'ONE MILLION DOLLARS'

Ghoste

The Ridler car wasn't in a movie though.  Although you may just be right about that Barris one.  :lol:

TUFCAT

[Dr. Evil's thoughts].....

A million dollars isn't worth a lot of money these days....

Really?  

Okay then, we'll hold the 1967 Charger Thunder ransom for.....

:think: .... One Hundred BILLION DOLLARS! :D

Ghoste

The Thunder Charger had a short piece in MCG a couple of years ago, if I'm not mistaken its whereabouts are known but the current owner just isn't dragging the car around to shows or anything like that?

WB General Lee

Just curious if anyone knows the whereabouts of this car? If so please PM me. Like to see if it can be bought I have a Barris car and would like one more.

Ghoste

Throw an e mail to MCG, they might tell you. :shruggy:

Magnumcharger

more
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Magnumcharger

more
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

WB General Lee

Thanks great info. I will talk to Rob at the Mopar Nationals and run it by him.

fc7_plumcrazy

WB General Lee

Still would like to add a car to my collection and the Thundercharger would be a good one. If anyone knows the whereabouts please pm me. Thank you