News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona #3

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, January 13, 2013, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Well done. I love the tire and wheel choice - best combo that pops. Just amassing.

Dane

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Mytur Binsdirti

Well, I was paid he equivalent of abut 18 General Lee clones for it yesterday and it looks like it's going to a new home as soon as the transporter comes and gets it.  Maybe I'll buy my lovely wife, Submit, a nice Carribean island vacation home with our new found wealth.  :P

PlainfieldCharger

:2thumbs: Beautiful, I want one!

held1823

did i read that last post correctly, that you sold the daytona?

are you going to be wingless, or is there another one in the works?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70moparman

Carribian island vacation homes are overrated...  Perhaps your wife would like a Hemi Cuda or F6 Daytona now... :D   Ill take one of each, please...  :cheers:

Bobs69

I have the same car sitting on a shelf above my TV!  1/16 scale of course.  Or something like that.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: held1823 on January 16, 2013, 09:18:20 AM
did i read that last post correctly, that you sold the daytona?

Yes, I was paid a king's ransom for it and I can now retire.   :cheers:

Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 10:02:20 AM
Carribian island vacation homes are overrated...  Perhaps your wife would like a Hemi Cuda or F6 Daytona now... :D   Ill take one of each, please...  :cheers:

Hemi Cudas are overrated and my first Daytona was F6. being a simple guy that I am, maybe I'll just get that 6bbl Runner I was looking at a couple months ago.

70moparman

Hemi Cudas are overrated??!!  I take it you never had an FJ5 rubber bumper 4 speed one then!!   :nana:   :smilielol:  That car is top of the food chain for me...  Followed by the wing-o's...   :yesnod:  Enjoy your new found wealth, whatever you do with it... 6pack runner you say?  M code 69 or V code 70??

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 10:17:57 AM

Hemi Cudas are overrated??!!  I take it you never had an FJ5 rubber bumper 4 speed one then!!   :nana:   :smilielol:  That car is top of the food chain for me...  Followed by the wing-o's...   :yesnod:  Enjoy your new found wealth, whatever you do with it... 6pack runner you say?  M code 69 or V code 70??

I will admit that they are nice looking cars and other than the 2-ton doors, crappy seating position,  glovebox sized trunk, cheap plastic door panels and buckboard ride, I guess they're  ok...if you're into cars like that. Having owned a 70 R/T SE Challenger 440 six pack, 4 speed, shaker, 4:10 Dana, I just can't imagine that a Hemi Cuda would be much different.

M code Road Runner

maxwellwedge

I know all about that Shaker Challenger...... ;)

Here it is (The white roofed car) alongside another RT/SE FJ5 440-6 Shaker....

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2013, 11:34:05 AM

Man, I love Challengers when they are equipped with a Shaker..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mytur Binsdirti

If I recall, it should have steel wheels, dog dish hupcaps & a plain painted gas cap. How dare someone deviate from stock!!!  :lol: Thanks for the picture; have you got any others?  :2thumbs:

70moparman

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: 70moparman on January 16, 2013, 10:17:57 AM

I will admit that they are nice looking cars and other than the 2-ton doors, crappy seating position,  glovebox sized trunk, cheap plastic door panels and buckboard ride, I guess they're  ok...if you're into cars like that. Having owned a 70 R/T SE Challenger 440 six pack, 4 speed, shaker, 4:10 Dana, I just can't imagine that a Hemi Cuda would be much different.

M code Road Runner

Lets get down to Brass Tacks...  2 ton doors offer better protection against side collisions, you say crappy seating position, I say choose your best friends, and no fat chicks...  Gloveboxed size trunk, yes, but your not suppost to have anything in there except a space saver spare, and possibly a dead hooker.  Cheap door panels??  Have you ever tried to buy a nice set?!  :nana:  And a buckboard ride you say...  That only improves driving skill when keeping your E-body between the ditches!   :2thumbs:   On a side note, my E body fits in my garage, and my B body doesn't!  What a difference a foot and half makes!   :smilielol:

M codes are SWEEEEEEET!!!  I always did like that butterscotch color some were made in...   :drool5:

70moparman

And your old Chally is awsome!!  What a car!!  Im with you though on putting the steel wheels and caps on it though!    :Twocents:  Am I the only mopar fan alive that hates the road rally?  :shruggy:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 12:13:21 PM

If I recall, it should have steel wheels, dog dish hupcaps & a plain painted gas cap. How dare someone deviate from stock!!!  :lol: Thanks for the picture; have you got any others?  :2thumbs:

I think it was full hubcaps.... :lol:   Not many N96 70 Challengers made....that's for sure. I have some at home.....see what else I have here.....

Here are a few small pics while it was at Gibson's shop. No trim rings on the wheels yet....

Mytur Binsdirti

One day back around '82 or '83, I found the original owner and went to his house with the car & he dug out some old pictures from when he first bought it new & I'm 99% sure that it had lime green wheels & hubcaps. I've got some old pictures that I'll have to scan & post.

maxwellwedge

I spoke with him - nice man.

It might of - just going by the buildsheet...and...memory. I'll check the b/sheet again.

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2013, 12:36:56 PM

It might of - just going by the buildsheet...and...memory. I'll check the b/sheet again.
:drool5: :drool5:  I'm sure glad your my daddy    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 04:18:46 AM
Well, I was paid he equivalent of abut 18 General Lee clones for it yesterday and it looks like it's going to a new home as soon as the transporter comes and gets it.  Maybe I'll buy my lovely wife, Submit, a nice Carribean island vacation home with our new found wealth.  :P

Congrats  :2thumbs:
So was this sale solicited, or did someone see the pics you posted and said, " I just  gotta have it ! " ?

Mytur Binsdirti

The car looks real nice and seeing the pictures brings back some fond memories. I remember I took a girl out on a first date in it & she was wondering what that silver thing was in the middle of the hood and why it kept moving. :lol:

maxwellwedge

The shaker or the Pistol Grip??  :lol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2013, 12:42:16 PM
Sorry Son - I regrettably sold that car....but to a close friend....so it may find its way back someday....

Fun was had with the car, but I got the E-body bug out of my system 29 years ago.  :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2013, 12:38:40 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2013, 12:36:56 PM

:drool5: :drool5:  I'm sure glad your my daddy    :icon_smile_big:

Sorry Son - Regrettably I sold it......but to a close friend....so it may come back.  Great car

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 12:44:17 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2013, 12:42:16 PM
Sorry Son - I regrettably sold that car....but to a close friend....so it may find its way back someday....

Fun was had with the car, but I got the E-body bug out of my system 29 years ago.  :yesnod:

Started with A's then E's.....now I have more B's than anything else....but still love them all. I had a cool Q5, white gut 4-speed M-Code RR I sold as a project (had to - had too many projects!). It turned out awesome....what a combo.