News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona #3

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, January 13, 2013, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 16, 2013, 12:41:02 PM
So was this sale solicited, or did someone see the pics you posted and said, " I just  gotta have it ! " ?

Would you believe me if I said that right after I started this thread a buyer p/m'ed me and the very next day had his man-servant come to my house with breifcase full of Benjamins?   ;)

maxwellwedge

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 12:49:56 PM
So was this sale solicited, or did someone see the pics you posted and said, " I just  gotta have it ! " ?

Would you believe me if I said that right after I started this thread a buyer p/m'ed me and the very next day had his man-servant come to my house with breifcase full of Benjamins?   ;)

Wish someone would do that to mine so I could get that F6 I want...........  :lol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70moparman

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 16, 2013, 02:19:42 PM

Wish someone would do that to mine so I could get that F6 I want...........  :lol:

:2thumbs: My favorite color, too...   :cheers:

WINGIN IT

Hey ANYTHING's possible !   ;)
If you would have told me 6 months ago I would own a Daytona, I would have laughed you out of the room.

stripedelete

May a thousand camels piss on your head.

Allahu Akbar

:2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Truth be told, this deal has been in the making for 7 months and a couple of weeks ago, I thought the deal had fallen through. Here's a picture of the M code car I'm still interested in. It has 23K original miles, but it's far from stock. The engine is mildly built with headers, SS springs, frame connectors, nicely done mini-tubs in the rear, elec fuel pump, Flowmasters. The car was originally a 4-speed, but now is a column shift automatic. the hump is still in the floor & the 4 speed stuff goes with the car, although it is a 23 spline. The car in non matching numbers & the rear quarters have been replaced up to the top of the body line. the car is a solid 5-footer and is built for fun. I think will do the mid 12's easily. With all that, what do the experts think it's worth?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2013, 08:16:52 PM
35 k   :shruggy:

X2.  Maybe up to $40k based on the mileage.  Too many modifications in my opinion for it to be over this.  :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

johnnyseville

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 16, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

X2.  Maybe up to $40k based on the mileage.  Too many modifications in my opinion for it to be over this.  :Twocents:

Sorry, not as optimistic, no investment value, would need work to restore but would never be origianal setup.  It is a nice toy and should be priced accordingly, 20K.
too many to list!

moparstuart

Quote from: johnnyseville on January 16, 2013, 08:44:43 PM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 16, 2013, 08:24:05 PM

Sorry, not as optimistic, no investment value, would need work to restore but would never be origianal setup.  It is a nice toy and should be priced accordingly, 20K.
most a-12 were raced got modified and had the original motors blown up long ago , i'd take all of them you would sell me in this condition for 20 k  you crack me up  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 07:10:45 PM
...With all that, what do the experts think it's worth?

You like it, you want it, get it...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

johnnyseville

Quotemost a-12 were raced got modified and had the original motors blown up long ago , i'd take all of them you would sell me in this condition for 20 k  you crack me up  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The laugh would be on you if you paid more!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:                                                                                                                                                                       
too many to list!

Mytur Binsdirti

My thoughts are that I'd like to buy it for 30, but I tend to think that 35K is the magic number. Outward appearances are that it looks stock, but it runs like a raped ape. It's definately not an investment car, but it's done up like cars were in the mid 70's, when modding a car was the norm.  This is a driver, not a show car, so there's no major worries about getting a stone chip every now & then, plus it's something that REALLY puts a smile on your face when you wack the gas. Even in spite of what's been done to it, if you think about it, you couldn't even build a clone for that kind of coin. Plus, being a real M car, I think that this car's value will hold at this level for years to come.

moparstuart

laughing all the way to the bank
 people are paying more then 20k for A-12 clones  and that one is a real one in a  great color and a 4 speed  

moparstuart

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 10:01:36 PM

My thoughts are that I'd like to buy it for 30, but I tend to think that 35K is the magic number. Outward appearances are that it looks stock, but it runs like a raped ape. It's definately not an investment car, but it's done up like cars were in the mid 70's, when modding a car was the norm.  This is a driver, not a show car, so there's no major worries about getting a stone chip every now & then, plus it's something that REALLY puts a smile on your face when you wack the gas. Even in spite of what's been done to it, if you think about it, you couldn't even build a clone for that kind of coin. Plus, being a real M car, I think that this car's value will hold at this level for years to come.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

70moparman

Buy it already and put the black steelies and redlines on it!  Dont foget the chrome lug nuts!  :2thumbs:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 16, 2013, 10:01:36 PM

I go with $30K or so based on all the mods. Tough sell for the  buyers looking for all number's matching, so the audience is only those interested in it as a driver.   Love the color though, is that original?

Mytur Binsdirti

Yup, that's the original color.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 17, 2013, 04:02:41 PM
Yup, that's the original color.
Nice, is that Seafoam Metallic or Q5 or whatever the code is for that year?
Looks a little more green than Q5 is all. Still a great color.

Mytur Binsdirti

Going, going, gone.

held1823

i'm not sure i could bear to watch a daytona leave, no matter how many benjamins replaced it.

a superbird perhaps, but not a daytona...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mytur Binsdirti

Sure you could, if the price was right.     

mauve66

seems great to me, good luck :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring