News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

afraid to drive the superbird anymore..opinions??

Started by GOTWING, January 27, 2013, 08:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 Max

Hell,I let mine sit in the field !! ::)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Kismgby

My "vote"....drive it. 
For me, I know they will come a time when I can't physically drive my car.  So I have to get all my miles in why I can.    It'll also give whomever does my eulogy something to talk about that's suitable for mixed company...

SBBob

Drive it, drive it and then drive it some more.  All I need is a good reason to take the Bird out.  If I wanted to drive what everyone else does I would have gotten a Camero or Mustang.  My favorite trip of all time was driving from Seattle to Talladega and back for the reunion in 1999.  While there I was called everything under the sun for not using a trailer.  All I know is that you only live once and my Dad told me that the turtle never gets anywhere until he puts his head out of his shell.  You don't have to be crazy like me, but do enjoy what you have. 
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

duanesterrr

If you have the means I say put the glass nose on it and drive it all the time.  Not having to worry about an accident is worth having to explain to a couple guys at the car show that the metal nose is in your garage.  Considering your past history having to replace the real nose once already, that guy asking about the glass nose would have to be a fool to not understand where you are coming from. Just my .02.

Aero426

Stuart, shhhhh....  Don't tell Daddy I snuck his car out for a spin.   I even left it in the parking lot.   

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   4 speed that would be the one to have , but i would have to find a boat to drag around too

70moparman

Quote from: pettybird on January 27, 2013, 10:02:34 PM
You people are a bunch of sissies.

If you don't have an honest-to-god perfect OE GOLD car which would depreciate if it got a smidge dusty, then drive the damn thing. 
LOL ~ Well Said!   :cheers:  Drive Em if Ya Got Em!  Wing Cars, Hemi Cars, you only live once!  Why let the next owner have all the fun?!  On the other hand, you old guys keep those cars nice...  I'll own some of them one day...  :lol:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on March 07, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   4 speed that would be the one to have , but i would have to find a boat to drag around too

I do consider it a failing that Doug never bought a boat for it.  Jim, get on it!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 08, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

I do consider it a failing that Doug never bought a boat for it.  Jim, get on it!
if he doesnt when dad gives it to me  I for sure will    :D :D :D :D

hemi68charger

I'll be out and about in my ole' Winged Wonder tomorrow. I'll be heading to Downtown Houston for a car show for the oilfield helping hands organization at the Astros Minute Maid Park.......... Hopefully it won't rain........... ( Yes, I drive my car, but loath sloshing in the rain ).....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

the rain only bothers me because I end up getting damn near as wet as the car  :lol:

thehemikid

Quote from: pettybird on March 08, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

:D

GOTWING

So, i have not started or moved the car since i got it back from it's nose job. I'am however going to drive it soon as we get some decent weather over to my buddies house that has a lift, we are going to change the oil remove the "mag wheels" and put the factory rallyes back on. I'm going to have the original power steering pump and steering box rebuilt ( they leak bad ) and have the brake booster rebuilt too. We are going to remove the trans and fix the leaks on it . I still have to install the new heater core yet. :eek2: I think this spring is going to be a great time to get all the leaks fixed and well then i will see what we decide to do. :scratchchin:

Tom Q

Here is a much more appropriate use of a winged wonder.

I would love to build a Daytona for some road course fun.

Numbers matching 440+6 4speed
Has some "stuff" done underneath and we prepped it to survive the laps.

Light blue guard rails means only one place

Watkins Glen

hemi68charger

Quote from: Tom Q on March 09, 2013, 06:45:26 AM
Here is a much more appropriate use of a winged wonder.

I would love to build a Daytona for some road course fun.

Numbers matching 440+6 4speed
Has some "stuff" done underneath and we prepped it to survive the laps.

Light blue guard rails means only one place

Watkins Glen

That's a cool picture...... Man, I was on a Frac Monitoring assignment last year in Northern Penn and wanted so bad to take a visit to Watkins... Apparently it was only about an hour away... Beautiful country...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Highbanked Hauler

The 500 has almost 18K since I put it together and coming home from Carlisle with about 1300 mi. on it I climbed a guardrail trying to avoid an accident but still got caught up in it and no collision insurance (yes I know) so it got the nose that is going on my replica 500 then life got in the way. I have owned it since new so I am in a little different position on driving it than most of you are.   :Twocents:  There are so many people driving that shouldn't have a license and so many cars on the road its a crap shoot.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser