News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dukes of Hazzard

Started by hydroforce, August 06, 2005, 06:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydroforce

went and saw it last night......
The General is DEFINITLY the star of the show!!
great car scenes

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

CB

I thought it would 've been Daisy 'Simpson' Duke  ;D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah pretty good movie,besides out takes after movie. one general comes down off that bridge jump in pre-cooter version and entire front clip(including engine) gets ripped off and drivers door rips off and smokes camera-MATT

kikgas01

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on August 06, 2005, 06:33:13 AM
yeah pretty good movie,besides out takes after movie. one general comes down off that bridge jump in pre-cooter version and entire front clip(including engine) gets ripped off and drivers door rips off and smokes camera-MATT

This one was an original from the tv show. :'(I think it was already crashed once though but still would have been neat to own.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on August 06, 2005, 06:33:13 AM

The jump cars had no engine.  Well, I think one did, but that one didn't.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

69_500

Are you talking about the movie jump cars not having any motors? Or the series cars?

I do believe that they used quite a few cars powered by motors to jump in the movie. I can only think of 2 jumps in the movie where they said they used cables to propel the car.

Troy

You'll have to ask Travis but I think they cable jumped almost everything in the new movie. The jump onto the freeway was definitely on a cable and the car had no engine. They removed as much weight as possible so that less damage would occur and they could re-use the cars for other jumps. Travis' car was jumped three times I believe (all with no engine).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: 69_500 on August 06, 2005, 04:01:34 PM
Are you talking about the movie jump cars not having any motors? Or the series cars?

I do believe that they used quite a few cars powered by motors to jump in the movie. I can only think of 2 jumps in the movie where they said they used cables to propel the car.

The series cars always had drivers (and engines), as I understand it the cable-launch setup was created and tested just for this movie (tested on non-chargers of similar weight).  The movie only had three big jumps, and I think the "manned" jump was none of them.  That was just a little hop over the creek in the woods.

I think only three cars were destroyed doing jumps.  But a lot more were cut up for camera cars (where they can have a stunt driver pulling it, or the stunt driver on top of the car with the actors inside).
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

IBsmokin

its really sad to sit here and think about how many chargers were destroyed just to make that flic, bad enough we are at a time when majority of the  chargers were crushed and now I can only imagine imagine how many more were taking off the market for that film.

Troy

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 07, 2005, 08:03:20 AM
its really sad to sit here and think about how many chargers were destroyed just to make that flic, bad enough we are at a time when majority of the chargers were crushed and now I can only imagine imagine how many more were taking off the market for that film.

There weren't that many "taken off the market" for the film. There's an article in Mopar Collector's Guide (I think) that lists every car used. That was part of the reason they used the cable pulled cars for jumps and even jumped them multiple times. The jump cars they used were really no better than parts cars. They bought a bunch of cars from HLPAG so you know how good those were. It's also good that another Charger made it to the big screen because if repro companies see the demand jump because more people want to restore these cars then they'll make more parts for the rest of us. Look at all the 67-68 Mustangs that have been rebuilt/restored (even when they were basket cases) due to the last Gone in 60 Seconds movie. There are entire companies dedicated to produce those things.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.