News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Keys wont open and lock the car remotely.

Started by 1st Event Limos, February 21, 2013, 07:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st Event Limos

I have a 2010 Dodge Charger, the keys seem to be not working properly.  the panic button works on both, but it wont allow me to remote open and lock the car any ideas please?

Ghoste

Low battery in the key fob?  Sometimes the signal just isn't quite strong enough to make the locks work.

Mytur Binsdirti

Are you kidding me? You're at a Charger forum that's still 4 decades in the past.   :smilielol:  :eek2: :smilielol:

Ghoste

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bill440rt

Try asking here:
http://www.njmopargroup.com/Events/tabid/55/Default.aspx

It's a good forum more concentrated on the newer models.
Although this forum is dedicated to the Dodge Charger, it mainly caters to the muscle-era Chargers.
Good luck!

Oh, and Welcome to DC.com:cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1st Event Limos

Many thanks for the reply, could it be possible that both keys may go at the same time?

Ghoste

That seems less likely but for the price of a battery it might be worth a try? :shruggy:

JB400

Considering your keys are generally in your pocket, no telling how often the buttons actually get pushed, even when you don't mean to.  I had my cell phone in my pocket a time or two and was taking picx the entire time it was in my pocket. :lol:  I'm sure the same thing could happent to key fobs as well.

Ghoste

Lol, I wish I had a dollar for every photo I have of the inside of my pockets. :lol:

JB400

Now that I think about it, I think the owner's manual says not to put your key fobs in your pockets for that very reason.  Dunno how your supposed to carry them around, but I did read that somewhere.

UH60L

Not sure if "the sedan" has the same thing or not, but the '11 challenger had a recall for the door handles.  The door handles have a computer chip/rfid type thiny that tells the car if the key fob is inside thus allowing the car to start, and when they malfunction they can affect the lock/unlock feature too.

That said, yeah, totally wrong forum.  Looking forward to the next redesign, maybe they'll put a real charger nose on that sedan......

odcics2

Quote from: UH60L on February 21, 2013, 11:28:54 AM

Looking forward to the next redesign, maybe they'll put a real charger nose on that sedan......

:scratchchin:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 1st Event Limos on February 21, 2013, 07:57:35 AM
I have a 2010 Dodge Charger, the keys seem to be not working properly.  the panic button works on both, but it wont allow me to remote open and lock the car any ideas please?
need new battery?
reprogram them to the car?
buttons on the remotes worn out?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 1st Event Limos on February 21, 2013, 07:57:35 AM

Just use the "other" multible :slap: doors

472 R/T SE

I blame Curtis.  He started a thread proclaiming his undying love for the new redesign & all these threads started.