News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: redmist on December 30, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Awesome!

Let us know what you think about the install and product.

Ryan

Will do. I will try to post some after pics. When is the fuel distribution block going to be available?

MechTech

FYI
I had been experiencing a lot of heat in my fuel tank almost to hot to put my hand on so I installed one of these Aeromotive pump speed controllers. It seemed to have helped. It was easy to install and setup. I did install the bypass switch so that I had full pressure when cranking.

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/product/billet-fuel-pump-speed-controller/

grnfsh

Quote from: MechTech on December 31, 2016, 08:11:30 PM
FYI
I had been experiencing a lot of heat in my fuel tank almost to hot to put my hand on so I installed one of these Aeromotive pump speed controllers. It seemed to have helped. It was easy to install and setup. I did install the bypass switch so that I had full pressure when cranking.

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/product/billet-fuel-pump-speed-controller/

I'm curious to know how you knew you had too much heat in your fuel tank?

MechTech

hi grnfsh
I installed a fuel cell in the trunk so I was able to put my hand on it and it was almost to hot to keep my hand on which meant it was close 125deg. I assumed that was because of all the fuel the pump recirculates through the tank and that's why Aeromotive makes this controller. I wont know if that solved the problem till next summer but the tank is cooler

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: redmist on December 30, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Awesome!

Let us know what you think about the install and product.

Ryan

Got the fuel puck installed last night. Quality piece.

68ChargerJMP

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

what did you guys use for a gasket for the tanks inc sending unit?  I tried to make a gasket but pretty sure it leaks when the tank is full and gas splashes up against it.

funknut

Everything I've read says cork gaskets with some aircraft sealant (or other gas-resistant gasket goo) is the way to go.

MechTech

Getting started on adding this huge turbo. I am planning on using the DIY boost control valve and the MS3X for control. I have removed the original gas tank and now have a fuel cell in the trunk. I am planning on putting the turbo behind the rear axle. This is a stock 440 block so I am limiting the boost pressure to 3psi.

YellowThumper

Cool and keep us posted.
If you have your own build thread let us all know about it.

Mike
ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

funknut

Quote from: YellowThumper on February 19, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
Cool and keep us posted.
If you have your own build thread let us all know about it.

Mike

Indeed!  It will be several years off for me, but I'm also looking at a rear-mount turbo setup.

JR

Quote from: funknut on January 31, 2017, 02:49:28 PM
Everything I've read says cork gaskets with some aircraft sealant (or other gas-resistant gasket goo) is the way to go.

I'm a little late here, but this is absolutely correct. Do not use the supplied rubber gaskets, they are crap!

You'll have to order the cork ones separately, but theyll work great along with the aircraft sealer.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

pwmcharge

Hello all. Not trying to hijack thread but have been keeping up on it for a while. Just wanted to thank resist for posting all the info. I finished up install of MS3 on a 440 yesterday and went for about 30-40 mile drive no issues but some fine tuning still needing to be done

funknut

Quote from: pwmcharge on February 20, 2017, 01:05:26 PM
Hello all. Not trying to hijack thread but have been keeping up on it for a while. Just wanted to thank resist for posting all the info. I finished up install of MS3 on a 440 yesterday and went for about 30-40 mile drive no issues but some fine tuning still needing to be done

Nice!  Out of curiosity, what did you use for your crank reluctor and sensor?

pwmcharge

Right now just fuel only. Getting tach signal from distributor controlling msd box

funknut

67Charger440

Like others, I've been inspired by this thread.  My '67 is now running an MS2 for both fuel and spark.  I just got the timing under MS2 control day before yesterday.  For now, I'm using an MSD through the distributor, with the crank wheel controlling the timing.  I'll be going to LS coils soon, but I wanted to try it with something that was easily reversible. In this case, I just have to plug the distrbutor back into the MSD to be back the way I was.  I already have the distributor eliminator/Jeep cam sensor piece, but as I think about it, I just need a plug since i am going wasted spark.  No cam signal neccessary.  MS2 won't hande 8 ignition channels, and I don't see going to an MS3 in the cards.  I'll be CNCing some sweet little coil brackets as soon as I can get a few hours in my shop.  I'll post them up later if anyone is interested.  Whole package for 4 coils is only 10" long as opposed to something like 17" for the original arrangement.

pwmcharge

Until the other day the last page of this thread I read was 10 or 11. Planning on hoarding parts over summer to go sequential next winter. Did those can sensor bushing go into production?

shawge

Get a hold of Jerry @ SDConcepts or MechTech.  I bought my bushings from SDConcepts and MechTech came out with one that looks nice and uses a hold down bracket that looks stock.

MechTech

I have Bushings and Hold Down clamps, Crank trigger and sensor bracket for aluminum damper only on hand. I have a coil bracket designed I just need to make them.

pwmcharge

Alright, I'd definitely be interested in bushing and hold down clamp.

grnfsh

Quote from: pwmcharge on February 23, 2017, 11:07:59 PM
Alright, I'd definitely be interested in bushing and hold down clamp.

FYI, I have his bushing and Hold down clamp and it works perfect.

shawge

Anyone up for sharing tunes?  I've got a MS3x, NA 451, 55# MotorCraft injectors, D585 COPs.  Waves look good in the composite logger. Verified TPS/CLT/IAT values and that the spark/injectors fire on the correct cylinders via Test Mode.  Just waiting on a few more fuel fittings before I can fire it up.

I've copied redmist's stock and "vacuum" ignition tables. The AFR and VE tables are what I'm mostly concerned about. Don't want to grenade the engine.

Thanks all!

redmist

There is a VE generator in Tuner Studio that will get you at a basic starting point.  :2thumbs:

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.