News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechTech

Check out the Megasquirt3 Gold Box from EFI Source. They Offer a Plug & Play wiring harness for the Gen3 Hemi and I think they have a base tune although I didn't see one on their web sight. I know they run a Gen3 hemi in their 69 barracuda. And you can talk to these guys on the phone. If you like toys Megasquirt3 has way more than a fast system.

peterro

It's been a while that I've seen this thread. Life got in the way and my car has been parked for over a year. I'm about ready to get back to where I left off. Would any of you guys be willing to post your tune? I mostly want to do some comparisons related to startup/warmup/idle. Not interested in a replacement for what I have.

Thanks

74bluefish

raymond73

Quote from: Derwud on April 27, 2017, 09:31:11 AM
Got my Manifold.

Hi cool build!!!! Do you know if a 95 mm throttle body Will fit this intake if i take out some cast with a Cnc machine?  I allready have a Nice tb . But i dont know if there is eunogh and tick aluminium to grind 2.5 mm out of it??

MechTech

I don't know for sure I'm guessing it will fit, but if you have a CNC on hand I am sure that you have the measuring tools necessary to make the proper measurements.

Derwud

Just ordered my fuel rails. What is everyone using for Injectors. I should be around 600 Hp. I am thinking the 2013 Ford GT500 Injectors, but I might need a little more flow.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

funknut

The Ford ones are very reasonably priced.

Siemens Deka injectors are very popular and not hugely more expensive.  They have them in 60 and 80 lb/hr.

Derwud

Yeah, I would rather pay now to get the Deka 60Lbs, but I am not sure I need the 80Lbs..

shawge

I went w/ the Ford injectors.  Are you able to crank up the fuel pressure?

#/hr   psi   bar
55   39.1   2.7 bar
60   43.5   3 bar
69   58   4 bar
77   72.5   5 bar

Derwud

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Midnight_Rider

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Derwud

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 04, 2018, 04:01:37 AM
Quote from: Derwud on July 03, 2018, 02:14:29 PM
Well Look what Edelbrock did.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35920

Subject to how good it actually works I would say that looks pretty good value for money!

For this price, you can get the car up and running on EFI and then do a Mega Squirt upgrade later.

the_max

hi,

First of all, this is a GREAT thread !!

I found/stumbled upon this thread while searching for info on cam position sensors for a sequential fuel and spark application. While mine is not a Dodge Charger application (it's a 1957 392 hemi with Hilborn injection), the Jeep/Dorman cam position sensor almost fits like a glove. I won't burden you with any of my "forum inappropriate details", but I would like to raise one point that I haven't seen mentioned.

Is there a lubrication requirement for the Jeep CPS ? There's a hole in the casting that implies to me that oiling is intended. The guys at the machine shop who are making my adapter say "if that's a bushing, it should be lubricated".

Has anyone who's gone this route taken steps to get oil to the CPS... or not taken any such steps and put on lots of miles with no problems?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Derwud on July 04, 2018, 08:43:35 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on July 04, 2018, 04:01:37 AM
Quote from: Derwud on July 03, 2018, 02:14:29 PM
Well Look what Edelbrock did.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35920

Subject to how good it actually works I would say that looks pretty good value for money!

For this price, you can get the car up and running on EFI and then do a Mega Squirt upgrade later.

I doubt that would fit under a stock hood.....
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Derwud

In this thread, there are a few people running the same manifold.. So it seems to fit.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Derwud on July 27, 2018, 07:30:22 AM
In this thread, there are a few people running the same manifold.. So it seems to fit.

I can't find any pics of this set up under a stock hood, so if you have any please post.  It just looks awful tall.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Derwud

Within these 39 pages, there are people running this manifold with stock hoods. I have seen on a few E-Bodies and have seen pictures outside this thread with stock hoods.

TommyGun

funknut

It's much lower profile than a regular intake, carb and filter.

igozumn

:drool5:  That was the plan before I found Fitech.  Had started buying parts and was looking at deals on the bare XT manifold.  If I build another engine, I'd probably go with this.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

74bluefish

TexasStroker

Just curious...

Outside of the Cuda pictured above, what is everyone's solution for the water neck & upper radiator hose vs the intake/filter when going with the XT?

The new kit seems like a pretty good value, but that front end seems like it would be challenging.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!