News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Decals

Started by charlie45, February 25, 2013, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie45

a friend of mine here in Germany is in the process of building a General Lee car. He's looking for the best place to get the decals (01 & confederate flag for the roof). He also asked about the front center section bumper, any info on the best place to get it (or even the drawings/dimensions) would be appreciated it...

Thanks,

Charlie

JB400

phoenix graphix has the decals.  Your choice of movie car or tv car

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d/69gldk.php

Smith Brothers build Generals for living.  They also supposedly have access to the same jigs used on the tv series.  They sell almost everything you could want for your General.

https://smithbros.myshopify.com/

Best of luck and post pix when your done :2thumbs:

sanders7981

Or you can get them from here.  I ordered a set from CrzyC and everyone SWEARS by the quality of his decals.  I should be getting them in the next day or two.  Just based off the pics and threads I have seen online they are a better product then what Phoenix Graphics has.  Here is his website.

http://crzycsglgraphics.bravehost.com/index.html

JB400

One piece graphics are a plus, but I wonder how well they hold up against fading.

Cooter

I have CrazyC's on my own and can say I like the quality. I also have the FLAG if someone needs one. (Wouldn't fit over my painted one)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

sanders7981

Installed mine a couple days ago.  Very user friendly and easy to follow instructions.  I am highly impressed with the quality and ease of installation.

JB400

Looks good Sanders :2thumbs:  How about some details on your General?

sanders7981

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 02, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
Looks good Sanders :2thumbs:  How about some details on your General?

Posting in my build thread in a few.

PhoenixGfx

We can help you with your decals. Call or order on line if you like. We are a licensed restoration manufacturer who has the correct decals for you car.
Phoenix Graphix
"Any Decal, Any Car, Any Year!"

charlie45

Guys, I appreciate all the Feedback/Info. Will forward to my buddy here in Germany  :2thumbs:

CrzyC

Hi guys!!

Finally got on here. Yes I offer ALL ERAS of the General Lee. From the episodes shot in Georgia to Burbank, California. Each builder had a similar but
different look. All measured from the surviving cars with permission from the owners of the original General Lees. Mine look like painted on graphics after installed and I also use the same type of vinyl system that NASCAR uses on their race car wraps.

Very easy to install, very low tac vinyl while installing to allow for maneuverability until you get it squeegeed down. Bubbles air egress on there on with a simple
rub with your finger. Ship all over. Full 5 page step by step tips and placement photo instructions along with an installation kit with each order. Also include EXTRA 01
and GL lettering in case of mistakes for each order as well. Longest lasting. Have had them on my personal General Lee for 15 years!

I also offer the General Lee Coleco Pedal car decals in which I'm the only one that has replicated those and have the DK General Lee bike decals. Go Carts, Golf Carts, whatever you need.

rebby

I got mine from CrzyC as well. VERY nice decals. I'll hopefully be getting mine installed this weekend.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

c00nhunterjoe

Crzyc on my car as well.

Cncguy

Quote from: CrzyC on June 11, 2015, 08:22:43 AM
Hi guys!!

Finally got on here. Yes I offer ALL ERAS of the General Lee. From the episodes shot in Georgia to Burbank, California. Each builder had a similar but
different look. All measured from the surviving cars with permission from the owners of the original General Lees. Mine look like painted on graphics after installed and I also use the same type of vinyl system that NASCAR uses on their race car wraps.

Very easy to install, very low tac vinyl while installing to allow for maneuverability until you get it squeegeed down. Bubbles air egress on there on with a simple
rub with your finger. Ship all over. Full 5 page step by step tips and placement photo instructions along with an installation kit with each order. Also include EXTRA 01
and GL lettering in case of mistakes for each order as well. Longest lasting. Have had them on my personal General Lee for 15 years!

I also offer the General Lee Coleco Pedal car decals in which I'm the only one that has replicated those and have the DK General Lee bike decals. Go Carts, Golf Carts, whatever you need.

What kind of shelf life do your graphics have? I'm restoring a charger now but don't expect to get to put them on for two years.

1965gp

Another vote for CrzyC- they look fantastic on mine and he helped me make sure the brush guard, paint and decals all coordinated. I found you can paint the car orange, put a set of decals on and the car will be picked apart by GL purists. Better to talk to CrzyC.

Installed graphics:

cdr

Quote from: 1965gp on June 24, 2015, 08:39:28 PM
Another vote for CrzyC- they look fantastic on mine and he helped me make sure the brush guard, paint and decals all coordinated. I found you can paint the car orange, put a set of decals on and the car will be picked apart by GL purists. Better to talk to CrzyC.

Installed graphics:

Great lookin cars you have there !!!! In Texas ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1965gp

Thanks, yea in Spring, TX just north of Houston.

cdr

there are quite a few charger owners in spring, I am in Katy.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1965gp

Yea I am really surprised how many there are in the area. I used to live in Katy- liked it but found a Spring a little less congested.

GeneralLee440

I have a question, I have seen alot of companies who sell "TV" version and "MOVIE" version decal kits. What is the differences? When I do my General Lee I am wanting the navy blue for the stripes on the flag and GENERAL LEE on the roof, not bright blue
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

JB400

Check out this site:

http://crzycsglgraphics.bravehost.com/reunion_and_movies.html

He sells the graphics as well.  Supposedly, one of the best to get them from.

GeneralLee440

Thanks JB, thats amazing stuff!
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

69ChargerMikey

I have crzyc's on mine as well. Can't beat the quality!

c00nhunterjoe

Crzyc on mine as well. No complaints. Great product, easy to apply, nice instructions with measurements.

THE COLONEL

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 19, 2017, 10:23:51 AM
Crzyc on mine as well. No complaints. Great product, easy to apply, nice instructions with measurements.

CrazyC is the way to go for sure!!!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

tcurtis

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering what methods people use to clean their General Lee decals.  I don't know the origin of my decals but they appear to be holding up well after 7 or so years (car lives in a garage except when being driven around 600 miles per year or so).  The previous owner bucket washed the car but last year I tried Meguires waterless car wash/wax for one wash with no apparent ill effects.  Actually it seemed to do an outstanding job.  I used a California duster to keep the car clean the rest of the time.  Meguires indicates it is fine for vinyl.  3M does not recommend the one-step wash/wax products for their products but other sources seem to state that they are suitable and won't cause any damage.  I'm also wondering if any of the detail potions available will cause problems.  Any thoughts and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

c00nhunterjoe

Ive been using lucas spraywax with no issues

Captain D

Agreed, CrazyC's decals are the only way to go hands-down. I've heard feedback from folks using the Phoenix graphics & the flag turns pink in about a year. With CrazyC's, I've had mine installed nearly eight years ago & they look like they were installed yesterday. In the long-run, CrazyC's graphics saves you time & money.

This is probably an old thread, but just wanted to voice my own personal experiences if it helps any in your build. Best o' luck & post pics of your build when you can!