News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Interior Pictures Wanted:

Started by Captain D, September 16, 2017, 12:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi guys,

In my GL, I have all saddle tan interior (automatic on the steering column). The only things that are black include: the dash bezels, door locks, and seat-belts. However, just to help break things up a tad, I've been toying with the idea of going with black carpet. I feel that it would still blend in with my subtle black touches. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the same fixture just to help me get a visual to see how it may look, by chance? What I am hoping to view is: saddle tan everywhere, automatic on the column, black dash bezels, and black carpet. If anyone happens to have this particular color combo in your Charger, I'd love to be able to see it.

Thanks for lookin!'
Aaron

BTW, many thank you's to the crew here at DC.com for creating this section to enable discussions such as these,  :cheers:

marshallfry01

I've seen a few cars done this way, and in my opinion, it does not look good. If you like the idea then go for it. I know they did the cars like this towards the end of the series. Of course then it was the really light tan, not saddle tan. I don't have any pictures though.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

miamivice

I have black carpet in my light tan interior General Lee, like you could see in a few of the later episodes (I just watched a few Coy and Vance season 5 episodes and noticed it on one of the episodes).   I think it looks good, and is accurate.  I will snap a few pictures the next time I am at my shop  :2thumbs:

Captain D

Update:

Hello all,

I realize it's been awhile (and that the pics are huge), but I recently swapped out my gold carpet for black in my GL replica. The next image is of my new floor mats (please disregard the temporary yellow tag still attached). Thanks for looking!

Captain D

JB400

Captain D

Thanks man for checking out the pics! I tended to struggle which color floor mats to go with. Seeing how I was going to have them 'custom made,' I knew that they were going to be bigger vs., say, standard Walmart mats. So, if I went with gray for instance - I was going to have a lot of gray flooring. Anyhow, I finally opted for the black with white border which compliments the dash and it all tends to go together.

Thanks again and in the meantime I'll figure out how to reduce image size, lol...
Aaron

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Captain D

Yeah, when I had 'everything' in tan / gold - it was rather much (even though I realize that some GL's were like that on the show). But, I agree, the black against the tan gives a nice contrast & actually helps to bring out the tan overall. When I had re-watched some of the later episodes & the fairly recent Auto-Trader commercial, I knew that I had to go with the tan and black carpet two-tone color combo, lol...

c00nhunterjoe

Captain D

Two more (jumbo, lol) pics as I try to show more of the interior,  ;):

Part of the reason why I went with the white gauges is because I have black lettering against a white background on the column shifter as well, so the big white gauges and black lettering matched / compliment each other as if it all actually came from factory. Thanks again for looking all!  :cheers:

Captain D