News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Lee Decals

Started by charlie45, February 25, 2013, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcurtis

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering what methods people use to clean their General Lee decals.  I don't know the origin of my decals but they appear to be holding up well after 7 or so years (car lives in a garage except when being driven around 600 miles per year or so).  The previous owner bucket washed the car but last year I tried Meguires waterless car wash/wax for one wash with no apparent ill effects.  Actually it seemed to do an outstanding job.  I used a California duster to keep the car clean the rest of the time.  Meguires indicates it is fine for vinyl.  3M does not recommend the one-step wash/wax products for their products but other sources seem to state that they are suitable and won't cause any damage.  I'm also wondering if any of the detail potions available will cause problems.  Any thoughts and/or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

c00nhunterjoe

Ive been using lucas spraywax with no issues

Captain D

Agreed, CrazyC's decals are the only way to go hands-down. I've heard feedback from folks using the Phoenix graphics & the flag turns pink in about a year. With CrazyC's, I've had mine installed nearly eight years ago & they look like they were installed yesterday. In the long-run, CrazyC's graphics saves you time & money.

This is probably an old thread, but just wanted to voice my own personal experiences if it helps any in your build. Best o' luck & post pics of your build when you can!