News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help mounting new spoiler to new amd valance on 71charger

Started by toplescuda, February 28, 2013, 04:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

I got a new spoiller from first place auto   and a new valance from amd
i need help on locating exact where to drill holes to mount  as its possible to move spoiler front
to back few inches  and still fin
if i can  get some detailed measurments on where the end holes are i can line up the rest

71charger_fan

I took off my front valance and put it upside down on blocks. I then took the spoiler and fit it until the contours of the spoiler best matched the contours of the valance. Then, I tweaked its fitment a bit until it was even side to side and front to back. I drilled the holes in the valance where the holes in the spoiler fell. I used fender washers painted black against the spoiler to distribute the clamping load and it's been on since the early '90s with zero issues. Plus, it's a fiberglass one. I've seen a few people say they'll disintegrate in no time, but mine's held up incredibly well. I just put a good coat of paint on it front and back before I installed it.