News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interchangable Dash Frames?

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 10, 2013, 04:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

I was wondering what mopar dash frames could fit a 2nd gen charger im sure other 68-70 plymouth b-bodies a coronets will work but what about the earlier and later models or E or A bodies?

A383Wing

"A" body for sure a no, too narrow...doubt an "E" body will fit either due to depth of frame to windshield...

Bryan

Rolling_Thunder

Only B-bodies from 1968-1970 to my knowledge...   also - remember that Chargers used the rallye style - the standard frame will not work either.   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Baldwinvette77

figures, Thanks for the responses though!

Moparparts

68 and 69 will interchange for standard dash and 68-69 Rallye dash will interchange but there will be differences in the ignition switch opening/bracket size on both of them and a few other minor differences. 70 standard dash and 70 Rallye dash are one year by themselves

Baldwinvette77

Baldwinvette77

I have another part to this question, i know it's a completely different style but would a 66/67 fit? anybody ever try it? i know the windshields are different, so the dash is likely a different shape too, Thanks

A383Wing

No, they won't...I tried it once when I had the Daytona apart.

What are you trying to do here?

Bryan

Baldwinvette77

my cars a shell, i can count the parts that were bolted to it with one hand, i live in ontario canada, so charger parts, new or used, aren't very easy to come by, i'm hunting through ad's on the internet to find parts, i've found and bought a few 2nd gen parts as they come up, but they're plenty of 1st gen and 3rd gen parts for sale, i know the dashes don't look the same, but if it fit, i'd have got it.

Thanks for your help too.

70 sublime

Where about are you in Ontario ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

gta area, I can travel though, why do you ask?  :popcrn:

70 sublime

Baldwinvette77

Close enough, where are you located, how much you asking?  :popcrn:

70 sublime

Port Hope

I will have to check first and see if it is the ralley dash or just the plain dash
It is out of the car with no gauges in it

Baldwinvette77

Thats ok im looking for a bare one anyway, and sure take your time  :popcrn:

70 sublime

I will check before it gets dark and let you know later tonight

Where are  you ?

70 sublime

trying to post pictures
It took me 3 tries to get this to post
This site is very frustrating at times
So I ended up making a small post then modify it to look the way I wanted

Here are the pictures of my dash
It is from a 68 Coronet
The top is very good but it is just the plain dash

If you have a rotten one in your car and have the tools maybe you could just trade the top section from this one if you can not find a good ralley dash

Baldwinvette77

I actually don't have any dash in my car,so, how much do you want for it, Im in brampton, but like i said, i don't mind driving.  :popcrn:

70 sublime

What are you using for a VIN on your car if you do not have the dash ????
Do you have an ownership in your name for the car ?
You would hate to go through all the trouble of getting the car going then find out when you went to register it that the VIN you are trying to use is already on another car running around

This dash is just sitting around and I do not think I would be using it anytime soon
If you can make use of it and it would help someone out how does $1 sound ??

PS what year is your car ?

Baldwinvette77

1$ is a little steep, but i'll bite  :smilielol: no, see the thing is with my car is that it was stripped to nothing much left except the basic unibody structure, recently i bought doors, and i have passenger side door hinges, 2 quarter panel extentions and the trunk hinges, thats about it, im rebuilding the car from scratch to save it from scrap, it doesn't have the vin, so i will register it through the ontario rebuilt vehicle program, it will be issued a 17 digit modern VIN number and begin with the letters RBT it will also be class as the year i register it, so for example if i register the finished car in 2015 it will be tagged as "2015 Dodge Charger RBT" so, im not worried. actually it's kind of a cool feeling giving a total wreck a second (or maybe third) chance at life!

70 sublime

PM sent to work out a time

Does that mean you will get stuck doing an E test every two years ?

WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR ???????????

Baldwinvette77

The car is a 1968 model, and no, HotRods and Rebuilt cars of any year are emissions exempt, either way, im a licensed emissions inspector now anyway  :lol:

Rolling_Thunder

I have a 1970 dash frame in my shed but i'm on the other side of the planet.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 01, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Was that a partial April fools joke?  :rofl:

70 sublime

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 11, 2013, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 01, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Was that a partial April fools joke?  :rofl:

I think he lives on the other side of the planet in the land down under