News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone hear from Shakey lately?

Started by bull, March 10, 2013, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

It's been more than a year since he posted anything and his car looked like it was within a few months of being finished... what happened? :shruggy:

Tilar

I just checked a couple of his last posts and came across this.

Quote from: Shakey on February 09, 2012, 08:25:54 PM

Great stuff fellas, good to all is well, for the most part!

Although I have not touched my car for quite some time I have still been on "the scene" if you will.  Dodge Don, one of the Moderators at the 1970 Charger Registry, lives just around the corner from me so I was lucky enough to spend some time enjoying his car with him last summer. 

Dodge Don was on just the other day. Maybe he knows whats up.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

I guess maybe he's just been real busy with his new business. :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on March 10, 2013, 06:53:53 PM
I guess maybe he's just been real busy with his new business. :shruggy:
yep, I was in Vegas and hung out with him a couple years ago.  He has been swamped with starting his own business.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

What kind of business is it? Never heard.

Now I'm wondering how many people here even know who Shakey is? This place is changing fast.

skip68

I miss his "guess where I'm at pictures"     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on March 11, 2013, 03:18:30 PM

Quote from: Fred on March 11, 2013, 04:33:04 PM
Yeah, they were fun.

I got as many of them correct as with "Spot the Damn Cat" threads now!

Bryan   :brickwall:

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on March 11, 2013, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: skip68 on March 11, 2013, 03:18:30 PM

Quote from: Fred on March 11, 2013, 04:33:04 PM
Yeah, they were fun.

I got as many of them correct as with "Spot the Damn Cat" threads now!

Bryan   :brickwall:

You really ought to invest in a good pair of specs Bryan.   :icon_smile_big:  Or maybe you can hook your pc up to your TV screen?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on March 10, 2013, 10:42:49 PM

Now I'm wondering how many people here even know who Shakey is? This place is changing fast.

Very true.  Very few left from the old board.

Still waiting on that T-shirt.  :D
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

A383Wing

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 11, 2013, 09:18:09 PM
Quote from: bull on March 10, 2013, 10:42:49 PM

Very true.  Very few left from the old board.

Still waiting on that T-shirt.  :D

hey...I'm one of 'em...

Bryan

HeavyFuel

Shakey's 'how-to' posts were a big help to me a few years ago.  Wish he would jump back on a get us all updated with whats happening in his life. :yesnod:

Dodge Don

Mike has been busy getting a new business off the ground. I see him or his wife every once in awhile since our youngest kids have skating lessons at the same time.

Nothing new on his Charger.

I'll let him know you guys are thinking of him.

bull

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 25, 2013, 05:15:13 PM
Mike has been busy getting a new business off the ground. I see him or his wife every once in awhile since our youngest kids have skating lessons at the same time.

Nothing new on his Charger.

I'll let him know you guys are thinking of him.

:2thumbs:

Finn

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 25, 2013, 04:43:20 PM
Shakey's 'how-to' posts were a big help to me a few years ago.

Agreed, tremendous help!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 25, 2013, 04:43:20 PM
Shakey's 'how-to' posts were a big help to me a few years ago.  Wish he would jump back on a get us all updated with whats happening in his life. :yesnod:
I printed many of his posts to take in the garage. Much kudos to him as building a car and documenting the process doubles the time. A pillar build comes to mind.. :2thumbs: Thanks Shakey

greenpigs

At least he didn't sell his Charger and disappear like most of the others that are MIA.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Dodge Don

Today the weather was absolutely fantastic. Too good to pass up. So I decided to take the Charger out for a little cruise. After driving 30 seconds I ran into Mike (Shakey) we head to his place and he hops in my car and we go for a cruise, just catching up, 2 hours later we got home. Great day just driving around enjoying the car. Mike got a shot of me filling up with the good ol' 94 octane.

Shakey is alive and well. Still has the 69 Charger but just needs some time to finish her.

Tilar

:cheers:  Let him know we were thinking of him.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bull

I didn't think I'd beat him to the resto finish line but it's starting to look pretty good. :D Not done quite yet though so I'd better keep quiet.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2013, 10:41:01 PM
I didn't think I'd beat him to the resto finish line but it's starting to look pretty good. :D Not done quite yet though so I'd better keep quiet.

So Mr. Bull - you almost finished?   :scratchchin:

Shakey

Good Afternoon Everyone,   :wave:

My it certainly has been a long time!  I must say, so nice to see that you folks really appreciated my contributions to the site and I am pleased I was able to help so many with my "how to" posts.  I felt that that was the least I could do as everyone here was so helpful to me when I bought my car back in 2005.  I recall asking countless questions and all of you were quick to respond with guidance and patience as I was new to this hobby.   :thumbs:

As you all know, life can get very busy.  When I bought my car I only had one child who was only a year old so I was able to spend a lot of time working on the car.  Something happened  :shruggy:  and then I had another girl!  Still had ample time to work on the car and then they started to grow up.  At the arena figure skating 5 nights a week   :eek2:  left little time to travel the 100kms west to the in-Laws farm to work on the car.  Then a new house with renovations and the list of reasons go on and on and on...   ::)

I haven't back for a while as I really had nothing to contribute/update on.  Car has sat covered in the garage for 4 – 5 years only firing it up a few times a year when were out to swap the snow/summer tires or just for a visit.  Have been travelling a bit so I guess I could have come back to play some games but just never did.

Anyways, thanks to Dodge Don & my neighbour Nick who simply asked the question "do you not have a desire to finish the car?" I have started to make progress.

With a lot of help from my friends, it's moving right along...updates to come (check out the Interior Assembly thread)

rt green

nice to see one of us old timers back. kind of a cuda ken type thing.
third string oil changer

Dodge Don

Wait until the big reveal....it is looking AWESOME  :drool5:

Very soon I'll have another Mopar to cruise with in this all Ford town  :yesnod:

tan top

Hey Shakey  , good to see ya !!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  

:popcrn:  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html